Sign in to follow this  
Frozy

The Official NBA Thread

Re: The Official NBA Thread

Cheers for the insight man' date=' i'm a new fan to the NBA this season after Frozy boy got me interested to keep me entertained during the NFL off-season :D

I decided to follow the Knicks as i support the Giants in the NFL so i may as well keep all my American teams in the same city.

It was a great game to watch and i think Melo will be an important player for us this season. Who do you follow buddy?[/quote']

You picked a good time to get interested, it's the best time to follow the Knicks in an age. Last season was the first time they've been relevant in years and they're in that sort of 2nd or 3rd tier of teams that could make a fairytale run if everything falls into place for them this season. Melo will be huge, if he can grow into a more well-rounded player and undertake playmaking duties as well as scoring then who knows what the Knicks could do. Amar'e and Chandler is certainly a monstrous front court, and they compliment each other.

I follow Orlando, who will probably get the heart torn out of the franchise at some point this season and go back to stinking it up next season unless they hit a home run in trading Dwight away.

Have to feel for the Mavs tonight but that's what happens when you choose to blow up a championship winning team and chase free agents. They'll still go deep into the post-season though, and Cuban and co should probably be congratulated on being brave and attempting to transition from the Dirk era, rather than throwing costly extensions at Chandler, Butler and Barea. Short-termism usually conquers than sort of planning in the NBA.

Bulls game not going too well' date=' they started out great but in the fourth have been absolutely terrible about hitting their shots.[/quote']

They turned that one around nicely, huh? :D

Rose and Loul showed up huge at the end there, and Thibs with his defensive strategy. You have to look at McRoberts and Pau's missed free throws though, they could have put the game to bed.

They turned that one around nicely' date=' huh? :D

Rose and Loul showed up huge at the end there, and Thibs with his defensive strategy. You have to look at McRoberts and Pau's missed free throws though, they could have put the game to bed.[/quote']

WOW, what an ending! You're right, those missed free throws really hurt the Lakers down the stretch. But I've got to say, Deng was absolutely clutch at the end along with Rose. Making that steal and blocking Kobe's shot at the end was CLUTCH. Bulls have four road more road games after tonight's I think.

Great opening victory for my Raptors albeit against the poor Cavaliers :D

Gives me some optimism going into the other 65 games :P

DeRozan and Bargnani done their thing. Defence was leaky, but so was theirs and our front court took full advantage :)

Even though the bulls are my team, went out to the pacers pistons game tonight and had a good time. Glad to see the pacers win, it's nice to have a good team in the division for the bulls to beat :P

By the way lads, nba.com are running a free NBA TV trial until the 9th of January that is well worth subscribing to!! You get access to archived games from this season as well as live games until the expiry date. :D

Great game of Basketball! :D

Miami took an early lead, Celtics caught up in 4th to set up an intense final minutes, but then a certain Heat Player steps up...

No It's not James, Wade or Bosh

Miami has a new star in town

Norris Cole everyone, welcome to NBA son! Way to go clutch in such a massive game!

Norris+Cole+Miami+Heat+Media+Day+t8SUAQ3xhLsl.jpg

Chants of MVP followed! Great feeling for the kid :)

Celtics go 0-2, but they've been really unlucky in both games. One can wonder how they would have faired with Pierce in the line-up...

Guest Blitzkrieg

Spurs are looking old skool fine today, Clippers are nowhere.

If you're looking for a team getting a real hammering look no further than the helpless Phoenix Suns! Their team looks awful compared to Suns teams of recent years.

I think you can let the new look Clippers off against a strong and tested Spurs side that know how to play as a team but wow, the Suns are down by 26 after 3 quarters against the 76ers!

I don't think the Suns will be -that- bad this season. Probably lottery bound but I'd be surprised if they trouble the Cavs, Raps, Bobcats and maybe even Jazz or Hornets for worst record. Nash is still Nash even if he's a step or so slower. Gortat is one of the better centres in the league and they have decent perimeter players that can shoot the ball like Dudley, Hill and Frye. It's a terrible roster going forward (beyond Markieff Morris, anyway) but then any organisation that was actually interested in rebuilding rather the bank balance would have traded Nash when Amar'e departed.

Pleasantly surprised by Ricky Rubio so far. Sure, he has a ton of flaws that he needs to work on but his vision and execution when it comes to passing are so, so good already.

Now that's something I've never seen before! :eek:

E_A5dTbZ2dE

This cost Heat 4 points' date=' and could have potentially lost them the game lol![/quote']

That is really weird but funny :D:p

I'm just gearing up for the Knicks-Lakers game, should be a great contest

GO KNICKS!!! :D