Sign in to follow this  
Frozy

The Official NBA Thread

Re: The Official NBA Thread

Interesting to see that after last seasons woes at shooting guard for the Bulls both Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver hit 100% of their shots from open play last night.

Korver went 2-2, both from the 3 point line whilst Brewer went 5-5 including 2 triples. KK26 did miss a free-throw though.

Well the Knicks were bloody awful last night, our shooting percentage for the whole game was around 30% only making 21 of 67 FG, whilst Bryant was just ripping our D to shreds. Their defence played outstanding and they pretty much limited us to taking pot shots from the outside all game. I don't know how we didn't lose by more tbh!!

That's two bad games in a row, i'm hoping with a days rest and a good practice they can buck their ideas up before our game against Sacramento on Saturday.

That was a great win for the Knicks last night, a really good game to watch offensively. We dominated the Kings all game and Chandler finally started showing signs of his championship calibre after three lacklustre performances and Melo was his usual awesome self :D

Also a big shout out to the rookie Josh Harrelson who started in place of an injured Stoudemire, i was a bit concerned going into this game without Amar'e in the paint but Harrelson was amazing making four 3 pointers!! An important win for us because i didn't want us returning from our West Coast trip 0-3 :o

Now that's something I've never seen before! :eek:

E_A5dTbZ2dE

This cost Heat 4 points' date=' and could have potentially lost them the game lol![/quote']

This NBA season is packed full of drama/funny moments every day.

Here's something else you may have missed:

TOB46sz6_ak

One to forget for Galinari last night... ouch :o

wWpf1vVxnsI

Lmao! Own Baskets happen once in a blue moon, but when they do, they're hilarious :D

Heat are on a bad run' date=' and play the Lakers tonight without Wade...and James got sent home from the shootaround earlier today with flulike symptoms.[/quote']

The way they came back against Spurs on Tuesday was crazy though. They were having fun from behind the arc in 3rd and 4th. We know James is too much of a warrior to miss a game like this because of flu. He had that flu before Spurs game and laughed about it afterwards saying I play better when I'm ill :D Mike Miller is back for Heat too and went 6/6 from 3pt line :eek:

Predicting a solid Heat win B)

Heat are on a bad run' date=' and play the Lakers tonight without Wade...and James got sent home from the shootaround earlier today with flulike symptoms.[/quote']

So True, at one point they were being tipped to storm the league, but their currently standing on 9-4 and things at the minute aren't looking great. But they dominated Spurs two days ago getting 120 points on the board and I fancy them to still play well without two of the big three.

Edit: Read Frozens comments if James does play I think Heat will win comfortably.

All Star Leaders latest:

nba_banner2012.jpg

timthumb.png

East Forwards:

1. LeBron James (Mia) 972,580

2. Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 779,945

3. Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 281,617

4. Kevin Garnett (Bos) 268,980

5. Chris Bosh (Mia) 209,640

6. Luol Deng (Chi) 166,671

7. Paul Pierce (Bos) 145,077

8. Carlos Boozer (Chi) 101,612

9. Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 93,456

10. Hedo Turkoglu (Orl) 80,694

East Guards:

1. Derrick Rose (Chi) 1,040,210

2. Dwyane Wade (Mia) 972,015

3. Rajon Rondo (Bos) 394,672

4. Ray Allen (Bos) 274,233

5. Deron Williams (NJN) 143,941

6. Jose Calderon (Tor) 84,881

7. Richard Hamilton (Chi) 64,757

8. John Wall (Was) 61,160

9. Kyrie Irving (Cle) 53,300

10. Joe Johnson (Atl) 40,718

East Centres:

1. Dwight Howard (Orl) 1,161,797

2. Joakim Noah (Chi) 141,683

3. Tyson Chandler (NYK) 107,735

4. Joel Anthony (Mia) 67,210

5. JaVale McGee (Was) 41,249

6. Al Horford (Atl) 35,860

timthumb_1.png

West Forwards:

1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 973,152

2. Blake Griffin (LAC) 619,913

3. Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 354,434

4. Pau Gasol (LAL) 327,596

5. Kevin Love (Min) 232,656

6. LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 188,829

7. Tim Duncan (SA) 133,575

8. Lamar Odom (Dal) 96,080

9. Metta World Peace (LAL) 63,055

10. Danilo Gallinari (Den) 59,646

West Guards:

1. Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,110,379

2. Chris Paul (LAC) 835,026

3. Ricky Rubio (Min) 248,423

4. Steve Nash (Pho) 188,537

5. Russell Westbrook (OKC) 167,996

6. Kyle Lowry (Hou) 132,972

7. Monta Ellis (GS) 105,926

8. Manu Ginobili (SA) 79,821

9. Jason Kidd (Dal) 79,783

10. Chauncey Billups (LAC) 73,429

West Centres:

1. Andrew Bynum (LAL) 777,365

2. DeAndre Jordan (LAC) 214,883

3. Marc Gasol (Mem) 182,992

4. Nenê (Den) 144,066

5. Marcin Gortat (Pho) 92,511

6. Kendrick Perkins (OKC) 66,380

Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic and Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls top the Eastern Conference, while Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder lead the Western Conference after the second returns of 2012 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by Sprint. Howard, who leads the NBA in rebounding (15.6 rpg), is the overall leader with 1,161,797 votes.

The 2012 NBA All-Star Game, which will air live at 8 p.m. ET on TNT and ESPN Radio in the U.S., and reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages, will be played at Amway Center in Orlando on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012.

asb_2.jpg

Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose lead the East All-Star voting while Kevin Durant and Kobe lead the West

Heat beat Lakers 98-87, just had a look at the points scored in each quarter, looked fairly comfortable. Also looks like James didn't even have the flu with the way he played, 31 points and 8 rebounds, plus just seen the highlights and he makes a monster block albeit from his own mistake.

Heat beat Lakers 98-87' date=' just had a look at the points scored in each quarter, looked fairly comfortable. Also looks like James didn't even have the flu with the way he played, 31 points and 8 rebounds, plus just seen the highlights and he makes a monster block albeit from his own mistake.[/quote']

Bold Statement from me, but Heat play better without Wade. Heat are 5-0 without him this season, and in all those games LeBron posts up near triple double stats! Without Wade he goes into his old Cavs Leader mentality and either finds the open man for a good look shot or executes his own shot perfectly. The guy is playing better basketball without Wade, that's no doubt. Perhaps he feels added pressure and relaxes more when Wade's on the court who knows? But there's no one team atm that can stop this Heat when LeBron's playing like he is.

BTW I watched the game live last night, only switching to NOH - HOU in 4th as that had a great ending! Poor NOH :(

Kobe Just saved Lakers from an embarasment by racking up some points in the 4th when Heat had already destroyed them. The final scoreline don't tell the story of the game

I've just finished watching the Knicks-Bucks game from last night and i've got to come on here to vent my frustration, i've never seen anything like it. An absolutely diabolical, shambolic and embarrassing thrashing by a sub 500 Bucks team who were 0-8 on the road going into this game. We made them look like a bunch of All-Stars out there with Brandon Jennings killing us with a season best 36 points, he was nailing 3 pointers so easily. Add to that that they were without one of their best players in Stephen Jackson and it makes it even more humiliating.

As i've been saying for ages, our offence is stale and stagnant and our defence (which has been the only positive thing so far) disappeared last night. We let the Bucks pass the ball around so easily on our own court, that's just not good enough. The thing that angered me the most was that in the last quarter they gave up, as if they accepted that we were going to lose even though (god knows how) we were only 11 points down with 5 minutes left to play!!

This team is a right mess right now, the players lack confidence and every time i think it can't get any worse it does. We haven't scored over 100 points in 7 games, which for an offence with the amount of talent we have is unbelievable, and we also haven't shot better that 42% for 7 games either :o Lack of discipline is also seeping in: we turned the ball over 25 times, gave away a lot of silly fouls and to round it off Melo got ejected from the game in the 4th with 2 technicals - WTH MAN!!!!! :mad:

I've never heard boos like it coming from the MSG crowd and i don't blame them, i've never seen a team have such a collectively terrible performance as that one last night. A play-off calibre team? Yeah right, we can't even defend our home court against a poor away team.

The worst thing is that it only gets harder from here on out. We've got the Nuggets coming to town tonight and if we play as badly as we did against the Bucks then expect an absolute whitewash.

Thinking of Denver made me question who got the better end of the deal in the Melo trade. Yeah they lost an All-Star player but we gave up too much in that deal imo - our bench is so lacking in talent its untrue. Looking at both our seasons so far i'd have to say that they got the better end of the deal, they are a much more balanced team and it shows in their record.

Wow i almost wrote an essay there, i'm really looking forward to the game tonight - should be a cracker :rolleyes::o

Dwight Howard is about to become Magic's all time leading scorer! He's on 10,649 at the moment and is now just 1 point behind Nick Anderson's record. (10,650)

Jeff Van Gundy said:

“On Dwight’s list of accomplishments it might not even rank that high, I don’t know. When you’re first team All-NBA and starting in All-Star Games and Defensive Player of the Year three times in a row, I don’t know where that ranks. But it’s still a great accomplishment.”

Some achievement by the big man anyway. And he has a long way to go yet. But with his move from Magic imminent, this record is timely ;)

A possible preview of the Eastern Conference Finals this evening

miami-heat-vs-chicago-bulls-300x186.jpg

It's the Miami Heat vs the Chicago Bulls

20:30 GMT on ch-abc.gif

If anyone missed this one, shame on you! A new rivalry has formed in the Eastern Conference! What a game! And we have 3 more to come this season plus at least 4 potentially in the playoffs! :D

Absolutely insane game in Dallas currently. Mavs have a comfortable double digit lead (something around 18 points usually) up until the middle of the third quarter, when the Spurs bench suddenly starts hitting 3 after 3 to gain a 8 point lead a couple of minutes before the end of the game. Dallas get a bit closer again, and Terry makes it an even game with .5 seconds on the clock. Spurs get the ball again from the side-line, and hit the basket with a wild shot. Refs revise the scene, and decide no points as the ball just still touched the finger-tips when the clock ran out. OT now...