The Official NBA Thread

Frozy

Re: The Official NBA Thread

Lebron may have well retired from International Basketball :(

LeBron James will not participate in the 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain for Team USA and is doubtful for the 2016 Olympics in Brazil

"LeBron is going to be three years older during the next Olympics. He will have two older boys. He has a lot to endure with his family. He played in three Olympics. Everyone that knows LeBron knows it's always based on a decision at that moment. But if the moment was today, the answer would be no."

Source: Yahoo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So Seth Curry signs for Golden State.

Iguodala, Barnes, Thompson, Lee, Bogut, should I mention Bazemore, Douglas, Ezeli, O'Neal. Mark Jackson still the coach as well? Definitely going to be a good season.

Also bought tickets for GSW versus OKC at the Oracle Arena & GWS versus LAC at the Staples Center. :D:D

Also got free tickets to Portland versus Lakers thanks to a good friend. ;)

Happy early birthday present to me!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If they can get Beasly and Oden both working' date=' the three-peat will definately happen :D If not, its still possible but will be tough.[/quote']

Two problems:

• Oden has knee problems, so has no guarantee of being a vital piece of the team
  • Beasly has attitude problems 'supposedly'

If Miami can somehow overcome both these issues, then they are the favourites, however they are the favourites either way BUT if not then this will be the hardest championship if they succeed. A healthy D-Rose rejuvenates the Bulls and the Pacers look dangerous, not to mention the Nets, IMO the winner of the East will win the chip.

Plus I have a feeling Durant will have a career year, expecting 32/8+/5, still feel Lebron will be Lebron but have a feeling this will be Durant's year. Book it ;)

Two problems:

• Oden has knee problems' date=' so has no guarantee of being a vital piece of the team
    [*']Beasly has attitude problems 'supposedly'

If Miami can somehow overcome both these issues, then they are the favourites, however they are the favourites either way BUT if not then this will be the hardest championship if they succeed. A healthy D-Rose rejuvenates the Bulls and the Pacers look dangerous, not to mention the Nets, IMO the winner of the East will win the chip.

Plus I have a feeling Durant will have a career year, expecting 32/8+/5, still feel Lebron will be Lebron but have a feeling this will be Durant's year. Book it ;)

Well that's why I'm saying *IF* ;)

I know about the problems, but I'd say its worth the risk. If they can get Beasley to work which I think is definately possible, as far as I've heard/read about why he's joined the HEAT, they'll have a legitimate scorer who can create for himself next to James and Wade.

Oden, well he was a #1 pick for a reason, have never seen him but from what I've read he's very talented. He's obviously a big risk, but he's not desperately needed so that's why I'd say he's a risk worth taking.

Well that's why I'm saying *IF* ;)

I know about the problems' date=' but I'd say its worth the risk. If they can get Beasley to work which I think is definately possible, as far as I've heard/read about why he's joined the HEAT, they'll have a legitimate scorer who can create for himself next to James and Wade.

Oden, well he was a #1 pick for a reason, have never seen him but from what I've read he's very talented. He's obviously a big risk, but he's not desperately needed so that's why I'd say he's a risk worth taking.[/quote']

He definitely is a talented player no doubt about it, look at his college stats - they are mind-numbing. He has the talent but does he have the mentality and the work ethic to do it - this is questionable but we will see ;)

Amazing crossover by Norris Cole on Rose :D

cole-rose.gif

Or was that a cheeky tackle from Chris? :P

Great game from the HEAT btw, showing the Bulls who's boss in the east even with LeBron being far from his best, great team effort.

Suprising loss for the Clippers though, didn't expect that. Pacers obviously beat the Magic.