The Official NBA Thread

Frozy

Re: The Official NBA Thread

They still got Reggie Jackson who I think is a good prospect. Quick agile point guard.

Guess we'll see Durant more with the ball.

They'll finish Top 4 I believe. :)

Sure and after the All Star game there's enough games left, but I'd say their chances at the #1 seed are close to 0% now.

Reggie's good, but he can't take over a game like Westbrook. Jackson won't score you 30 if Durant doesn't have a good night and they're playing a few tough games (Houston twice, Spurs, HEAT, Blazers among others).

Its a good chance for Jackson to develop himself some more though, he's been doing his thing this season and should obviously benefit from Westbrook's absence when it comes to minutes.

Andrew Bynum has been Suspended indefinitely by the Cleveland Cavaliers. They feel he is not motivated in his rehab process and are looking to trade him. Any team who trades for him is likely to simply waive him after and save some cap space. Bynum may be done with basketball for good... A source said "He doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He never liked it that much in first place."

Just wow... they said he's the new Shaq and all that :o

Can't agree with saying that OKC will completely fall away without Russ. Sure he put up trip-dub type numbers every night but he also took almost 20 shots a game (many of which were contested/not in rhythm) and he isn't the best on defensive positioning.

Reggie has come into his own since the playoffs last season, doubling his output and reducing his TOs, he's been putting up seriously good numbers in the last few weeks and with more minutes, plus the spacing given to him with Durant on the floor and his Russ-like ability to slash to the rim, he will be a more than ample replacement for the next two months.

Another massive display by Perk, showing why he's so effective against the best big men, showed it against Dwight (he went 4-13) and tonight he showed against Aldridge, LaMarcus going 0-6 from inside 16ft with 16 of his 25 points coming from just inside the perimeter (out of Perks area).

Another massive display by Perk' date=' showing why he's so effective against the best big men, showed it against Dwight (he went 4-13) and tonight he showed against Aldridge, LaMarcus going 0-6 from inside 16ft with 16 of his 25 points coming from just inside the perimeter (out of Perks area).[/quote']

Too bad you might as well give him a chair to watch the offensive part from the bench, doubt he'll be missed if they play with 4 :o

LeBron James has become the youngest player to score 22,000 points in the NBA, just as he has with every other point in his career lol. I thought I'd look back at a post from last year where I mentioned where he lists among all time NBA players in different stats. I updated his position in blue

Just dug up some LeBron's career stats (Regular season only)

27th in all time free throw attempts 27th

32nd in all time total points scored 29th

32nd in all time free throws made 27th

40th in all time field goals made 36th

43rd in all time turnovers (not one to be proud of) :P36th

46th in all time assists 41st

49th in all time field goals attempted 39th

57th in all time steals 54th

60th in all time 3 points attempted 52nd

68th in all time 3 points made 63rd

84th in all time defensive rebounds 76th

119th in minutes played 103rd

163rd in all time blocks 161st

182nd in all time total rebounds 167th

And to think they will all only get better. A complete player he is. :)

Yeah he's right up there with turnovers, but then again its only logical given the fact he's also averaging the most assists for the HEAT (and he's actually in the top 20 in the NBA). His turnovers usually don't come from sloppy play when he tries to score points, mostly from his passing for assists.

And add the fast break plays that don't work out, which aren't such high risk turnovers, and he's probably the least dangerous player to a team to average 3 turnovers or more :o

Not entirely sure about it, but I can imagine it haha.