Sign in to follow this  
Frozy

The Official NBA Thread

Re: The Official NBA Thread

Oh Dwight!

Well Coach Stan tells the media howard told upper management to fire him! Then Howard comes and says how are you coach? What a Pr disaster :P

And He cheers the knicks when his own team is down 16 to them. :eek:

Howard Howard Howard...

They will almost certainly part ways next year.

Are you a Raptors fan by any chance? ;)

They will almost certainly part ways next year.

Are you a Raptors fan by any chance? ;)

Yes they probably will :P Good thing Orlando signed Howard for at least one more year! It gives them more time to evaluate the options and try to get full price for him ;)

Ahh I am from Toronto :P Im kind of but not rlly xD I went to the knicks raptors game last week haha :P I dont really have a favourite team xD I used to like the TrailBlazers alot :)

Yes they probably will :P Good thing Orlando signed Howard for at least one more year! It gives them more time to evaluate the options and try to get full price for him ;)

Ahh I am from Toronto :P Im kind of but not rlly xD I went to the knicks raptors game last week haha :P I dont really have a favourite team xD I used to like the TrailBlazers alot :)

You are very lucky to live there. My dream city where I'll hopefully be living one day :D

There must be someone you'd like to win it though? Or are you just a neutral fan?

I loveeee Miami Chicago rivarly this season! Another incredible game tonight! :D

Miami could have won it but Chicago tied the game with a late 3 pointer to send the game to OT where they then destroyed Miami.

D.Rose with a career low 2 points btw

I loveeee Miami Chicago rivarly this season! Another incredible game tonight! :D

Miami could have won it but Chicago tied the game with a late 3 pointer to send the game to OT where they then destroyed Miami.

D.Rose with a career low 2 points btw

Bulls bench was awesome. Especially CJ Watson and Kyle Korver. Heat, apart from Wade, disappeared in crunch time.

Going to my first ever basketball match, Toronto CRaptors - Nets, April 26th. Tickets only cost 15 quid. Not bad, but guess that's what happens when you have a losing franchise.

Shame Air Carter isn't at either team any more. Probably one of a few basketball players I've actually liked, they hate him here though. Shame. Those who know me, know I rate him higher than MJ. :P

Would have enjoyed it more if he were there, guess I'll just have to settle for watching Cesc (Calderon), though I'd rather watch Cesc Jr (Rubio). Suppose some highlight dunk from the DeRozan wouldn't help.

Going to my first ever basketball match' date=' Toronto CRaptors - Nets, April 26th. Tickets only cost 15 quid. Not bad, but guess that's what happens when you have a losing franchise.

Shame Air Carter isn't at either team any more. Probably one of a few basketball players I've actually liked, they hate him here though. Shame. Those who know me, know I rate him higher than MJ. :P

Would have enjoyed it more if he were there, guess I'll just have to settle for watching Cesc (Calderon), though I'd rather watch Cesc Jr (Rubio). Suppose some highlight dunk from the DeRozan wouldn't help.[/quote']

At least you get to see the likes of Anderson and Uzoh ;)

A.C.C will be the place to go to next year. Future is bright.

At least you get to see the likes of Anderson and Uzoh ;)

A.C.C will be the place to go to next year. Future is bright.

I'd be telling fibs if I said I knew who they were. :o

All I know is DeRozan' date=' Bargnani, Cesc, Jarrad Jack (he still there?). All I know from Nets is the dude who got 'married' to Kim Kardashian and that PG, who was a all-star on Utah Jazz.

I used to watch quite of bball back in the day when the Lakers did there 3-peat, wasn't it, with all that Shaq-Kobe drama, but when I moved back to London, stopped watching, have never really rekindled that interest.

Way I see it Raptors shot themselves in the foot when they got what they did in return for VC15. I was back in England at that times, but I understand supposedly he was faking injuries or something, not giving 100% and telling others players on different teams the Raptors game plan before match days. I mean really, is that bad? Haha, I suppose.

Still though I know other GM's gain leverage in knowing that when dealing for the player, as he's pretty much useless to TO, but what they got for at that time, a franchise player, was rubbish.

I'll have to take your word for it Frozen, though everytime I read [i']SI[/i], or watch something like PTI on ESPN, at the beginning of the season they say Raptors could be a surprise team to finish 6-8 in the East, but they fall flat on there faces.

I'd be telling fibs if I said I knew who they were. :o

All I know is DeRozan' date=' Bargnani, Cesc, Jarrad Jack (he still there?). All I know from Nets is the dude who got 'married' to Kim Kardashian and that PG, who was a all-star on Utah Jazz.

I used to watch quite of bball back in the day when the Lakers did there 3-peat, wasn't it, with all that Shaq-Kobe drama, but when I moved back to London, stopped watching, have never really rekindled that interest.

Way I see it Raptors shot themselves in the foot when they got what they did in return for VC15. I was back in England at that times, but I understand supposedly he was faking injuries or something, not giving 100% and telling others players on different teams the Raptors game plan before match days. I mean really, is that bad? Haha, I suppose.

Still though I know other GM's gain leverage in knowing that when dealing for the player, as he's pretty much useless to TO, but what they got for at that time, a franchise player, was rubbish.

I'll have to take your word for it Frozen, though everytime I read [i']SI[/i], or watch something like PTI on ESPN, at the beginning of the season they say Raptors could be a surprise team to finish 6-8 in the East, but they fall flat on there faces.

They're nobodies signed on 10 day contracts and are starting for our team. Mainly because players like Bargnani are out for the season Calderon missing through a sore eye. Many different players missing every game basically in order to let these D Leaguers play .The way I see it though Raptors are tanking their way towards a high draft pick in summer. Jack ain't here anymore :P

Yeah It's unfortunate to see V.C and Bosh leave and not to have anything in return but I believe in Bryan Colangelo and this 4 year project should finally reap rewards next year. Good things come to those who wait :P

They're nobodies signed on 10 day contracts and are starting for our team. Mainly because players like Bargnani are out for the season Calderon missing through a sore eye. Many different players missing every game basically in order to let these D Leaguers play. The way I see it though Raptors are tanking their way towards a high draft pick in summer. Jack ain't here anymore :P

Oh. Haha' date=' guess that shows you my current level of bball knowledge, very minimal. :o

If Raptors are doing that, basically hiring mercenaries to get the no.1 draft pick, or thereabouts, is that not a calculated risk, with the lottery, as they could drop, or have they changed that system?

Yeah It's unfortunate to see V.C and Bosh leave and not to have anything in return but I believe in Bryan Colangelo and this 4 year project should finally reap rewards next year. Good things come to those who wait :P

Yeah dude, I mean at least VC15 was legit, slapped Raptors in the face, front-side, whilst under contract so they could do something about it, despite getting ripped off. Bosh just buggered off like, 'Peace, I'm going to win titles with my 2 homies.' El douche.

I don't know mate, Toronto seems like a very impatient sports market, with 3 losing franchises at the moment, Raps, Leafs, Blue Jays. They'll always stick with the Leafs, being hockey (dislike) and all, but baseball (which I hate, no offence to baseball fans), and bball, is one more based on attendance through bandwagon jumpers. When they do well they'll pack it out, show support, otherwise it may be only when say, Miami, Lakers, Celts, etc... are in town.

Steve Nash to TO next year? That'l get people in.

Oh. Haha' date=' guess that shows you my current level of bball knowledge, very minimal. :o

If Raptors are doing that, basically hiring mercenaries to get the no.1 draft pick, or thereabouts, is that not a calculated risk, with the lottery, as they could drop, or have they changed that system?

Yeah dude, I mean at least VC15 was legit, slapped Raptors in the face, front-side, whilst under contract so they could do something about it, despite getting ripped off. Bosh just buggered off like, 'Peace, I'm going to win titles with my 2 homies.' El douche.

I don't know mate, Toronto seems like a very impatient sports market, with 3 losing franchises at the moment, Raps, Leafs, Blue Jays. They'll always stick with the Leafs, being hockey (dislike) and all, but baseball (which I hate, no offence to baseball fans), and bball, is one more based on attendance through bandwagon jumpers. When they do well they'll pack it out, show support, otherwise it may be only when say, Miami, Lakers, Celts, etc... are in town.

Steve Nash to TO next year? That'l get people in.[/quote']

Lotery system is weird. You dont need to finish with worst record to get number 1 pick. Some think its a fixed system.

And tbf to Raptors the attendances have been fairly good this year. Pretty much packed every time I watch them. And blue jays look really good this year btw ;)

Oh and Nash said he'd fancy jumping on the Heat bandwagon in summer. I don't blame him. It would be his last shot at the ring.

sigh made it to the finals of my fantasy league but now. Ryan Anderson is playing terribly, Love out for the season, David Lee's out, Rose is still AWOL. Down by a nice 200pts cause none of my big players are getting points.

Lotery system is weird. You dont need to finish with worst record to get number 1 pick. Some think its a fixed system.

And tbf to Raptors the attendances have been fairly good this year. Pretty much packed every time I watch them. And blue jays look really good this year btw ;)

Oh and Nash said he'd fancy jumping on the Heat bandwagon in summer. I don't blame him. It would be his last shot at the ring.

Fixed you say. Interesting. I could see that to be honest, especially if the league is aiming for parity, against some of these more dominant, perennial teams. Just saying.

Fair play on the Raptors, just checked the avg home attendances, they're 17th out of the 30 teams, with the Bulls leading the way. Surely ticket prices being dropped for Raptos matches has something to do with that.

I know to sit in the 300 section it's like $30, whilst to see the Leafs, it's around $65-70, again, a losing team which doesn't make the playoffs, but because it's hockey, they know the people will come.

I can understand that on Nash, he deserves a ring really, I don't think anyone could hate on him if he goes to South Beach, there's just always that romance of him and TO, though I think that's more through Toronto media, than what actually is, just because he is Canadian.

Was just looking at what has been described at 'The best FAs for 2012'; KG, Ray Allen, Tim Duncan, Nash, Jeremy Lin. Those are the only ones I've heard of out of the ones mentioned.

Fixed you say. Interesting. I could see that to be honest' date=' especially if the league is aiming for parity, against some of these more dominant, perennial teams. Just saying.

Fair play on the Raptors, just checked the avg home attendances, they're 17th out of the 30 teams, with the Bulls leading the way. Surely ticket prices being dropped for Raptos matches has something to do with that.

I know to sit in the 300 section it's like $30, whilst to see the Leafs, it's around $65-70, again, a losing team which doesn't make the playoffs, but because it's hockey, they know the people will come.

I can understand that on Nash, he deserves a ring really, I don't think anyone could hate on him if he goes to South Beach, there's just always that romance of him and TO, though I think that's more through Toronto media, than what actually is, just because he is Canadian.

Was just looking at what has been described at 'The best FAs for 2012'; KG, Ray Allen, Tim Duncan, Nash, Jeremy Lin. Those are the only ones I've heard of out of the ones mentioned.[/quote']

You guys ever seen this?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1099048-report-raptors-denied-vince-carter-for-nowitzki-nash-trade-in-early-2000s

just imagine.

Miami Heat are in New York this evening!

image.jpg

The game is at Europe friendly 18.00 gmt :)

As things stand these two would meet each other in the playoffs, so a possible playoffs preview :)

The game is followed by the Champions (Mavericks) visit to the Lakers :)

image.jpg

As things stand these two would meet each other in the playoffs' date=' so a possible playoffs preview :)

The game is followed by the Champions (Mavericks) visit to the Lakers :)[/quote']

Buzzing, can't wait Frozy boy :D

image.jpg

As things stand these two would meet each other in the playoffs' date=' so a possible playoffs preview :)

The game is followed by the Champions (Mavericks) visit to the Lakers :)[/quote']

Knicks and Lakers to win.