Insight in Barca's transfer policy regarding youngsters

Guest Blitzkrieg

Guest Blitzkrieg

I see there is many dispute on the forum over the Oriol Romeu deal. As a cule I can ensure each and every one of you that Barcelona does indeed have a dual option to buy back Romeu, without Chelsea having to say anything about it.

After this season Barca will have the option to buy him back for 10M.

After the 2012-2013 season Barca will have to fork out 15M to get him back.

If they fail to buy him back at any of those two periods, the clausule is gone and he remains a full Chelsea player, with the team having the right to say no to any potential deal.

It's simple how Barca do deals with their youth. You have to understand, a lot of the players that are in the youth setup or Barca B could be stars for another team. Montoya has been called up for the Spanish NT, and he isn't even a full squad member! Anyone complaining against Barca here have it wrong though: teams buying Barca talents for cheap (Romeu for 4.35M is laughable) get an amazing talent on loan basically, where they could actually gain millions.

Look at it this way: if Barca buy back Romeu after he had an amazing season for Chelsea, the London based team would have gained the service of a great player for 1 year AND they got 5.65M for it. If Barca stall, Chelsea will have had a great player for 2 years while receiving 10.65M for it. It's crazy really! A team get's a great player and instead of paying for him, they get 5 or 10M.

Barcelona is fully in their right to do these kind of deals. It's a right they preserve for being the only club in the history of the game to spawn fantastic players from their own youth on a more regular basis than some people change underwear. As a team on the dizzy heights as Barca it will be very though to keep implementing their own blood in the squad. With this transfer policy they make sure they have enough cash lying around to buy in case an opportunity arises, whilst giving their youngsters a fair shot at making it at the highest level. If they don't, Barca gained a little bit by selling them cheap. If they achieve stardom, Barca buy back at a cut prize. The advantage of being the only team in the world to produce as many stars as they do. Don't agree with it? Learn to groom own players or deal with it.

Re: Insight in Barca's transfer policy regarding youngsters

No one in the public truly knows what clauses are inserted into Romeu's contract.

There is AVB, the players current manager, who is fiercely denying the existence of any contract you claim. Chelsea and AVB claim that IF Chelsea choose to sell, then Barca have first choice. However, only if Chelsea want to sell.

Villas-Boas denied on Monday that Barcelona have the ability to re-sign the midfielder for a pre-arranged fee, stating that the transfer would always have to meet Chelsea's approval.

There are 'sources' that are 'close' to Barca that claim the existence of clauses that you discuss, however different newspapers report different prices.

I am more inclined to believe AVB, as the players current manager why would he make a statement if it were untrue, and possibly anger Barca? I haven't seen any official Barca statements that the clause exists either. Unless you have some extra sources, or are in fact Oriol Romeu himself (or his agent) then I question how you know what you claim is the truth?

Guest Blitzkrieg

No one in the public truly knows what clauses are inserted into Romeu's contract.

There is AVB' date=' the players current manager, who is fiercely denying the existence of any contract you claim. Chelsea and AVB claim that IF Chelsea choose to sell, then Barca have first choice. However, only if Chelsea want to sell.

There are 'sources' that are 'close' to Barca that claim the existence of clauses that you discuss, however different newspapers report different prices.

I am more inclined to believe AVB, as the players current manager why would he make a statement if it were untrue, and possibly anger Barca? I haven't seen any official Barca statements that the clause exists either. Unless you have some extra sources, or are in fact Oriol Romeu himself (or his agent) then I question how you know what you claim is the truth?[/quote']

It's public knowledge, Barca reported this deal in a pressconference by Guardiola at the beginning of the season.

Some sources (some very trustworthy, some less trustworthy):

El mundo deportivo (highly trustworth newspaper, unlike Marca):

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20111213/fc-barcelona/el-barca-puede-recuperar-a-romeu-cuando-quiera-hasta-el-30-de-junio-de-2013_54240158612.html

The National (5th of August, day deal was done):

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/oriol-romeu-deal-gives-barca-the-option-to-buy-back

The Guardian (5th of August):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/04/chelsea-barcelona-oriol-romeu-signing

The Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3999263/Oriol-Romeu-buy-back-clause-Barcelona-dispute-Chelsea-claim.html

Goal:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/12/14/2802431/barcelona-have-buy-back-option-for-chelseas-oriol-romeu

Now, I'm currently still searching for it, but Pep Guardiola himself has stated from Japan, where Barca play the Club World Cup, that AVB is wrong! When I find the statement out of Pep's mouth, I will post.

EDIT: The first link says it all really. It's a conversation between Barca representatives (Rosell or Zubi) and the newspaper. El mundo deportivo is a quality newspaper, not a sensation like. They only report when absolutely possitive. It's all over the internet that Pep told the media that AVB was wrong, but I can't semm to find the piece or press conference when he did that.

It's public knowledge' date=' Barca reported this deal in a pressconference by Guardiola at the beginning of the season.

Some sources (some very trustworthy, some less trustworthy):

El mundo deportivo (highly trustworth newspaper, unlike Marca):

[url']http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20111213/fc-barcelona/el-barca-puede-recuperar-a-romeu-cuando-quiera-hasta-el-30-de-junio-de-2013_54240158612.html[/url]

The National (5th of August, day deal was done):

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/oriol-romeu-deal-gives-barca-the-option-to-buy-back

The Guardian (5th of August):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/04/chelsea-barcelona-oriol-romeu-signing

The Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3999263/Oriol-Romeu-buy-back-clause-Barcelona-dispute-Chelsea-claim.html

Goal:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/12/14/2802431/barcelona-have-buy-back-option-for-chelseas-oriol-romeu

Now, I'm currently still searching for it, but Pep Guardiola himself has stated from Japan, where Barca play the Club World Cup, that AVB is wrong! When I find the statement out of Pep's mouth, I will post.

I have seen the articles posted, and I was referring to them when I said sources 'close' to Barca confirmed your story. However AVB has come out and told the world that there is no clause, which is the complete opposite of what has been reported.

What I'm saying is, someone must be wrong and someone must be right. Right now there is no way of knowing.

Guest Blitzkrieg

I have seen the articles posted' date=' and I was referring to them when I said sources 'close' to Barca confirmed your story. However AVB has come out and told the world that there is no clause, which is the complete opposite of what has been reported.

What I'm saying is, someone must be wrong and someone must be right. Right now there is no way of knowing.[/quote']

I've edited a piece. What happened is that AVB came out and told the world that Romeu is going nowhere. This angered Barcelona, who then contacted Elmundodeportivo and did their full story. Unless you claim the newspaper faked an entire article with the Barca board, be my guess...

If you think logically, you simply now Barca have that buy back clause. They did exactly the same with Bojan when he left for Roma. Why would Barca sell a Spanish U21 regular and future first team player for 4.35M without the ability of getting him back, like I already explained in the policy?

I've edited a piece. What happened is that AVB came out and told the world that Romeu is going nowhere. This angered Barcelona' date=' who then contacted Elmundodeportivo and did their full story. Unless you claim the newspaper faked an entire article with the Barca board, be my guess...

If you think logically, you simply now Barca have that buy back clause. They did exactly the same with Bojan when he left for Roma. Why would Barca sell a Spanish U21 regular and future first team player for 4.35M without the ability of getting him back, like I already explained in the policy?[/quote']

AVB said that Romeu will only leave if Chelsea want to sell, or when they choose to sell.

Barcelona (well, sources 'close' to Barca) claim that Barca can choose when they want to buy him back.

Until both parties agree, or AVB/Chelsea come out and say they were wrong/lying, then I am not willing to believe everything that is written in the papers, Spanish or English, accurate or Goal.com.

Guest Blitzkrieg

AVB said that Romeu will only leave if Chelsea want to sell' date=' or when they choose to sell.

Barcelona (well, sources 'close' to Barca) claim that Barca can choose when they want to buy him back.

Until both parties agree, or AVB/Chelsea come out and say they were wrong/lying, then I am not willing to believe everything that is written in the papers, Spanish or English, accurate or Goal.com.[/quote']

Thing is, AVB was caught of guard by reporters before the Man City game, he made a statement of which he thought it was right. Barca made a contra statement 2 days later, they could have easily taken a look back in the deal and said he was right if he was. Barca would only make a fool of theirselfs if they reported AVB lying 2 days later. Difference is that AVB is mere the manager, while the Barca party was cleared up by the people responsible for the deal.

You may believe what you want, but I go with logic backed up by very good sources over a manager who had to answer a question in the heat of the moment. I also believe Chelsea know their manager was wrong and try to save face by making it look like it's not clear.

Also, don't patronize the sources. It aren't sources close to Barca, it is Barca's managerial board who made the statement to the newspaper. You can't get any better source than that.

Andre Villas-Boas has addressed a couple of incorrect media stories that have been circulating, including the details of an agreement with Barcelona regarding Oriol Romeu.

The 20-year-old summer signing has been the most regular selection for the anchor midfield role in the past month. His raised profile in England has led to a repetition of previous stories suggesting his former club have an option to take the player back should they so wish. In reality, all the Catalan club have is a first-refusal agreement should Chelsea deem Romeu surplus to our requirements.

'The buy-back option states that Barcelona can only buy back if Chelsea are willing to sell,' clarified Villas-Boas, who also discussed Romeu's quick acclimatisation to England.

Posted on the Chelsea FC official website. AVB is obviously aware of the rumours by the Spanish Barca 'sources' and has taken the time to address them. Chelsea, in support of his comments, post them on the club's website showing they stand by the comments.

Sources 'close' to Barca have since issued a counter statement, which has been repeated on many papers contradicting this.

Both clubs have issued statements on the matter, both with differing accounts. I am not saying either is right/wrong, however I'd trust the club that currently owns Romeu's contract over his previous club.

Ofcourse Barca would have a buy back clause, you just look at the quality Romeu possesses and thats enough evidence to suggest Barca wouldn't let him go so cheap.

Him and Bojan have basically been sent on loan... not only will the two be able to take their game to the next level by playing regularly at such big clubs, Barca also get paid for it, win win situation for Barca whichever way you look at it.

EDIT @ salty, just think of it this way, if a player is 'deemed surplus to requirements at chelsea', why on Earth would Barca want to sign him?

Guest Blitzkrieg

Posted on the Chelsea FC official website. AVB is obviously aware of the rumours by the Spanish Barca 'sources' and has taken the time to address them. Chelsea' date=' in support of his comments, post them on the club's website showing they stand by the comments.

Sources 'close' to Barca have since issued a counter statement, which has been repeated on many papers contradicting this.

Both clubs have issued statements on the matter, both with differing accounts. I am not saying either is right/wrong, however I'd trust the club that currently owns Romeu's contract over his previous club.[/quote']

And I don't. If Romeu was no more a Barca player, Barca wouldn't come out and say otherwise.

What you just highlighted was an extract of what AVB said on the press conference. He hasn't taken time to adress them, it's what he said when under pressure. The fact it's on the forum means nothing. I urge you to visit the Barcelona forum, where off course the exact opposite is being said.

I'm not saying you are wrong in believing what you want to believe, but you do portray the factd wrong. For the last time, it aren't sources close to Barca, it's Barca management.

Anyways, no matter if Romeu comes back or stays in London, it speaks volume that a team of the calibre of Chelsea is immediately strenghtened a lot by a Barca B player.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Ofcourse Barca would have a buy back clause' date=' you just look at the quality Romeu possesses and thats enough evidence to suggest Barca wouldn't let him go so cheap.

Him and Bojan have basically been sent on loan... not only will the two be able to take their game to the next level by playing regularly at such big clubs, [b']Barca also get paid for it[/b], win win situation for Barca whichever way you look at it.

All true except the part in bold. The wages of Romeu and more particular Bojan are high, but not nearly high enough to cover for the money Barca has to pay to bring them back.

My parting comment, there are two sides to every story.

Chelsea claim xyz.

Barca claim abc.

I am merely saying it is wrong of you to dismiss Chelsea FC's comments, just as it may be wrong of me to dismiss FC Barcelona's comments.

My point is, neither of us know the truth.

All true except the part in bold. The wages of Romeu and more particular Bojan are high' date=' but not nearly high enough to cover for the money Barca has to pay to bring them back.[/quote']

I meant in the transfer fee they received..

Seems like both Chelsea and Barcelona have made opposite statements. The media must be lying about either Chelseas statement or Barcelonas. I just dont see why both clubs cant just come out and tell the truth as obviously both must have agreed to something when a deal for Romeu was made. all I am saying is I wouldnt be suprised if there was a buy back clause put in place. We all know that the Fabregas saga took a while to be ended.

Guest Blitzkrieg

My parting comment' date=' there are two sides to every story.

Chelsea claim xyz.

Barca claim abc.

I am merely saying it is wrong of you to dismiss Chelsea FC's comments, just as it may be wrong of me to dismiss FC Barcelona's comments.

My point is, neither of us know the truth.[/quote']

Agreed. We'll let the future speak for us.

Seems like both Chelsea and Barcelona have made opposite statements. The media must be lying about either Chelseas statement or Barcelonas. I just dont see why both clubs cant just come out and tell the truth as obviously both must have agreed to something when a deal for Romeu was agreed. all I am saying is I wouldnt be suprised if there was a buy back clause put in place. We all know that the Fabregas saga took a while to be ended.

The following article states that both could be correct' date=' although it's just speculation:

[url']http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/12/14/2635677/oriol-romeu-chelsea-fc-barcelona-buy-back-clause[/url]

In my opinion Romeu wont get time at Barca .. Perhaps just sub times . Barca already had Busquets and he is still young .

Romeu wants first team appearances so he transferred to Chelsea . For me , if Barca really has the buy back clause , AVB wont play Romeu for so many times ? Decreases first team appearance can distract Barca's attention ?

Just my opinion .

In my opinion Romeu wont get time at Barca .. Perhaps just sub times . Barca already had Busquets and he is still young .

Romeu wants first team appearances so he transferred to Chelsea . For me ' date=' if Barca really has the buy back clause , AVB wont play Romeu for so many times ? Decreases first team appearance can distract Barca's attention ?

Just my opinion .[/quote']

Imo he can become even better than Busquets in the DM position, this is great experience for Romeu in the EPL playing at such high intensity levels week in week out.

I'm sure Pep will find a way to accommodate both in the starting 11.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Imo he can become even better than Busquets in the DM position' date=' this is great experience for Romeu in the EPL playing at such high intensity levels week in week out.

I'm sure Pep will find a way to accommodate both in the starting 11.[/quote']

I don't think anyone can do better at DM, both in the present and the future young players we already now of. As you know, I really love Busquets, he oozes class.

BTW: I do see Romeu coming back to fill a CB slot, especially in two year when Puyol hits 35.

Respuesta: Re: Insight in Barca's transfer policy regarding youngsters

Imo he can become even better than Busquets in the DM position' date=' this is great experience for Romeu in the EPL playing at such high intensity levels week in week out.

dude,look the date, the interest of recall was on summer when romeu was sold to chelsea,not now, sorry but it's the true history.

http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/08/04/n110804118651.html

I wonder if he really's from Nou Camp - his tackling style isn't like Busquets in my opinion .

Guest Blitzkrieg

dude' date='look the date, the interest of recall was on summer when romeu was sold to chelsea,not now, sorry but it's the true history.

[url']http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/08/04/n110804118651.html[/url]

Yes it is, like he said. I don't see your problem? The article dates from the time Oriol moved to Chelsea.

If Barca sell a player, report the specifications of the deal on their site the day the sell, and you use that information 4 months later when people doubt the specifications of the deal, than your doing good. It's the most reliable source you can get imo.

You have to think. The 4th of August Barca were not aware that there would be this confusion. Barca had no reason to write the article on Romeu in August but to inform people of the deal. They did, so now we know what the deal is.

Yes it is' date=' like he said. I don't see your problem? The article dates from the time Oriol moved to Chelsea.

If Barca sell a player, report the specifications of the deal on their site the day the sell, and you use that information 4 months later when people doubt the specifications of the deal, than your doing good. It's the most reliable source you can get imo.

You have to think. The 4th of August Barca were not aware that there would be this confusion. Barca had no reason to write the article on Romeu in August but to inform people of the deal. They did, so now we know what the deal is.[/quote']

Why is AVB lying ? Nonono I don't want him back to Barca :( . He will not get regular starts imo :( .

Guest Blitzkrieg

Why is AVB lying ? Nonono I don't want him back to Barca :( . He will not get regular starts imo :( .

I don't think AVB is lying, I think he just didn't know!

Like said before, I see Oriol staying till the summer of 2013, Barca buy him back for 15M and he'll play CB. He played CB before for the Juvenil.