Jan Vertonghen or Jerome Boateng?Need Help...

Re: Jan Vertonghen or Jerome Boateng?Need Help...

Which one should I buy as I am in need of a centre back but vertonghen and jerome boateng are versatile.Thanks.

I would go for vertonghen if you are looking for versatility, I have used vertonghen my Borrusia dortmund team and he has been great as back up for defence and defensive midfielder. He also is a great free kick taker :)

Ok thanks.But Jerome Boateng is playing in the Bundesliga while Vertonghen is playing for Dutch League.Since Bundesliga is more competitive than Dutch League,should I still buy Vertonghen?This is like Luis Suarez when he was playing for Ajax and he was scoring like almost every matches but his ratings didnt go up becoz of the level of the Dutch League.

Ok thanks.But Jerome Boateng is playing in the Bundesliga while Vertonghen is playing for Dutch League.Since Bundesliga is more competitive than Dutch League' date='should I still buy Vertonghen?This is like Luis Suarez when he was playing for Ajax and he was scoring like almost every matches but his ratings didnt go up becoz of the level of the Dutch League.[/quote']

Vertonghen isn't likely to raise playing in the dutch league but he is being followed by a number of top clubs including arsenal, man city, real madrid and barcelona. He is a great ball playing CB and has been said to be the natural successor when Puyol retires.

vertonghen is the better player...simples

1.5 years left on his contract don't worry about cap... he will be moving to top club

Boateng not good enough CB for bayern yet plays RB...explicity stated moved from Man city as Mancini did't rate him as a CB

me thinks there could be trouble ahead?

Vertonghen will most likely leave Ajax, maybe this winter and most certainly next summer. Spurs and Arsenal have shown interest and Chelsea might follow. Once he goes to a bigger club there's pretty much no doubt he'll rise (unless he doesn't play of course :o:P)

Thanks again.I hope vertonghen goes to bigger clubs soon.My other centre back that will be partnering him is Holger Bastuber.He is Germany 1st Choice CB rite?

Second or third choice' date=' yeah.. He's not going to be priority over Hummels.. Still, he is part of Germany's future and Bayern Munich's.[/color']

Vertonghan will be the better option eventually since all the big clubs want him, and he will proly peak at 92/93, whereas Boateng proly won't rise for a while, even if he does.

And this is Germany's usual back 4. They can never find a right back since Lahm usually plays on the left side for Germany. However, Howedes and Schmelzer are the leading candidates for that position. But, Schmelzer was hurt, and Howedes played decent in the qualifiers.

Howedes-----Hummels-----Mertesacker-----Lahm

By 2014, you really fancy Badstuber to become Hummels's main CB partner, and might do it as early as EURO 2012.

I don't know why everyone prefers Vertonghen.

Yes, he is good. Yes, he is one of the best defenders in the Eredivisie.

BUT #1: He will probably not rise at Ajax

BUT #2: Therefor his rating will not change until Decembre 2012

BUT #3: IF he should move in summer, nobody knows to which club, how this club performs, how Vertonghen performs and so on.

Boateng:

Starter for Bayern (mostly RB, sometimes CB)

Regular player for Germany, mostly as a starter (Höwedes is his only competitor for the RB)

Bayern is doing great this season

Germany is doing great this year

So: Who is the better option?

If you can, get both (Vertonghen is extremely versatile if he keeps his Def/DM). But if I had to choose between those two I would always pick Boateng.

I don't know why everyone prefers Vertonghen.

Yes' date=' he is good. Yes, he is one of the best defenders in the Eredivisie.

BUT #1: He will probably not rise at Ajax True

BUT #2: Therefor his rating will not change until Decembre 2012 Not true

BUT #3: IF he should move in summer, nobody knows to which club, how this club performs, how Vertonghen performs and so on. Its possible he moves this winter, Spurs have shown (great) interest, so have Arsenal and Chelsea's being rumored. If he moves this winter he could rise by the end of the season, if he moves in the summer and keeps up his game with Ajax he'll have to wait until December, but that's not sure.

Boateng:

Starter for Bayern (mostly RB, sometimes CB)

Regular player for Germany, mostly as a starter (Höwedes is his only competitor for the RB)

Bayern is doing great this season

Germany is doing great this year

So: Who is the better option?

If you can, get both (Vertonghen is extremely versatile if he keeps his Def/DM). But if I had to choose between those two I would always pick Boateng.

Only thing that surprises me is that Vertonghen still has Def/DM as he pretty much (unless there's an injury) always plays CB at Ajax, must be because of his position in the Belgian squad :rolleyes:

But anyways, in the end Vertonghen will most likely end up rated higher so you could go for short term Boateng, or for long term Vertonghen. In the end Jan would be the better choice as both are rated 90 and both have imo an equal chance on reaching 91 somewhere 2012.

Only thing that surprises me is that Vertonghen still has Def/DM as he pretty much (unless there's an injury) always plays CB at Ajax' date=' must be because of his position in the Belgian squad :rolleyes:

But anyways, in the end Vertonghen will most likely end up rated higher so you could go for short term Boateng, or for long term Vertonghen. In the end Jan would be the better choice as both are rated 90 and[b'] both have imo an equal chance on reaching 91 somewhere 2012.[/b]

And THAT is exactly the point I have to disagree with.

But we will see, I already made my decision and bought Boateng in Octobre (when Vertonghen was rated higher than Boateng).