Sign in to follow this  
darshan j.

...Dirk Marcellis

Re: ...Dirk Marcellis

5 spots actually. I would have De Jong as the DM. Sneijder and VDV playing free-role CM (Equiv. to Lampard and Gerrard for England)' date=' and then Robben, RVP/Kuyt and Huntelaar up front (considering RVN's injured).

On the subject of Marcellis - I think he will get 88 next changes, due to PSV's poor league position. In fact, only the CL games will help him get that rise. Could get 89, but PSV will have to improve vastly, considering they're 6th in a quite a poor league, behind teams like NAC, FC Twente, AZ and Groningen.[/quote']

Ah yeah dayum, I assure you my math isn't really that bad.

Well I don't know, Marcellis deserved a rise based on last season's performances anyway, which he didn't get, and he deserves another rise based on this season, so overall it's +1 for last season, +1 for this season... 89 :D

Ah yeah dayum' date=' I assure you my math isn't really that bad.

Well I don't know, Marcellis deserved a rise based on last season's performances anyway, which he didn't get, and he deserves another rise based on this season, so overall it's +1 for last season, +1 for this season... 89 :D[/quote']

Yes he's been playing well, hopefully he gets a rise the next time.

You forgot Babel in that list:D

I stick by my guns of 88. Should be reviewed this week hopefully. :)

If he doesn't get 89 it's a huge mistake on SM's part. If it was the last rating section he got his +4 rise, that would be understandable... but it wasn't. It was almost a year since he was last reviewed, and since then he has hardly missed a game for his club, both in league and in the Champions League, and he has also featured in 2 full International competitive (not freindly) games for the Nederlands.

Many were predicting he would get 89 last time round, and for some reason the researchers didn't review him. If he doesn't get the 89 that is fully deserved this time round I think the complaints will come flying in.

If he doesn't get 89 it's a huge mistake on SM's part. If it was the last rating section he got his +4 rise' date=' that would be understandable... but it wasn't. It was almost a year since he was last reviewed, and since then he has hardly missed a game for his club, both in league and in the Champions League, and he has also featured in 2 full International competitive (not freindly) games for the Nederlands.

Many were predicting he would get 89 last time round, and for some reason the researchers didn't review him. If he doesn't get the 89 that is fully deserved this time round I think the complaints will come flying in.[/quote']

If PSV would've crushed the opposition as they did in the last seasons, i would've been 101% sure he will go to 89. But PSV are struggling this season in Eredivisie (not really the most competitive league in Europe to be honest...) and they also left CL without notable achievements. So i think he's at the board between 88 and 89. But as you said, he plays for Holland too... tight call :confused:

I hope he gets that 89, i have him in my beloved Ajax since he was 75 :D:P

If he doesn't get 89 it's a huge mistake on SM's part. If it was the last rating section he got his +4 rise' date=' that would be understandable... but it wasn't. It was almost a year since he was last reviewed, and since then he has hardly missed a game for his club, both in league and in the Champions League, and he has also featured in 2 full International competitive (not freindly) games for the Nederlands.

Many were predicting he would get 89 last time round, and for some reason the researchers didn't review him. If he doesn't get the 89 that is fully deserved this time round I think the complaints will come flying in.[/quote']

He did only get 88 :mad:. Imho, the researchers really messed up there.

EDIT: There again nearly every other PSV player dropped by 1. I think SM are doing what they did to Mexico with Holland.

Not surprising, they're doing pretty awful in quite a weak league. Them and Ajax should be running the league, and you could maybe allow for one shock team, but PSV are currently 4th and only ahead of Heerenveen on GD. Done nothing in Europe as well. Mind you, Ajax should perhaps have taken similar hits.

Not surprising' date=' they're doing pretty awful in quite a weak league. Them and Ajax should be running the league, and you could maybe allow for one shock team, but PSV are currently 4th and only ahead of Heerenveen on GD. Done nothing in Europe as well. Mind you, Ajax should perhaps have taken similar hits.[/quote']

Agree with this post, but PSV aren't doing all that bad. They had a bad start, but are unbeaten in the league since mid-November, and aside from AZ, they are playing the best football also. Think SM were harsh on them tbh.

Agree with this post' date=' but PSV aren't doing all that bad. They had a bad start, but are unbeaten in the league since mid-November, and aside from AZ, they are playing the best football also. Think SM were harsh on them tbh.[/quote']

Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that they sit level 4th in a league 9th in the UEFA co-efficients, below the likes of Romania.

(Mind you, they can't be too accurate when Scotland are 10th, above the likes of Turkey!)

88 As I thaught.. Lucas was goin for 89 last time i talked to him... :P

Ya can't give him 89 if he plays for the rest of the season & psv manage 2nd then he'l get 89..

I think everyone looking back will agree that 89 was too much ofa push for this stage of the season

for marceillis rating point of view, psv need get 2nd/qualify for champs league next year & add some talent.. then he can push for 90