Too many gameworld. Stop making them SM!

Guerilla

I've just looked through my six clubs and in four of them, the amount of clubs taken is under 20. In one there is 12 clubs taken out of 117.

Yes, i get it. You need money and players will give you more money to be better teams but am i the only one who thinks the game is being completely diluted? It's no longer a challenge to get the best players and the feel of actually playing against other 'real' managers has been taken away.

I full appreciate there are some gameworlds that have no spaces and thats great but there are far too many that only have a fraction of the teams under control.

What about stop making players pay to reserve clubs, and instead just open the gameworld completely like the way it used to be and players would have to scramble to grab the best teams and if not, well tough, take control of a smaller club until you get offered a better job.

Alternatively managers must have a certain rep level in which you have to have in order to manage certain clubs. 5 star clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, United, City etc can only be managed by manager with reps of over 150 rep, 4 star clubs by managers over 100 and etc etc. One thing i've noticed is that 'newbie' managers will take control of a Barcelona or Real Madrid and completely decimate the team with bad management and bad deals, they'll then leave the club and ruin it for anyone else taking it over and the whole gameworld seems to spiral.

Just for example, there are now 2454 Portugese Championships. How many managers are honestly using them?

There are nearly 13000 World Championships, half of which are most probably less than half full. Nearly 10000 English Championships which are probably the same and you know youve got a problem when you have 150 something Gold Championships and they're now starting to empty out.

You seem to want to make it more and more realistic so how about enough with the endless amounts of player concerns and start to make managers start from the bottom and work to the top. That would be more realistic.

Re: Too many gameworld. Stop making them SM!

I've been thinking of posting a thread like this for a few days and yours has convinced me to add. Although not as lenghtly, i'm totally with you. Im quite new to Soccer Manager and as much as i like it my one of not many flaws is that there are so many game worlds. This is fine if they are full but they are not. I am in a Game World with a team that I am happy with but it is frustrating to see the number of teams without managers and when they do get a manager they leave within a few games.

I also find 30 day settings are a recipe for disaster. All it does is make soccer Manager think that teams are taken up by people. Where, no doubt that a player who has not been on for 14 days probably has no intention of carrying on with that team....

Bring people to my Game World and i am happy......

I've just looked through my six clubs and in four of them' date=' the amount of clubs taken is under 20. In one there is 12 clubs taken out of 117.

Yes, i get it. You need money and players will give you more money to be better teams but am i the only one who thinks the game is being completely diluted? It's no longer a challenge to get the best players and the feel of actually playing against other 'real' managers has been taken away.

I full appreciate there are some gameworlds that have no spaces and thats great but there are far too many that only have a fraction of the teams under control.

What about stop making players pay to reserve clubs, and instead just open the gameworld completely like the way it used to be and players would have to scramble to grab the best teams and if not, well tough, take control of a smaller club until you get offered a better job.

Alternatively managers must have a certain rep level in which you have to have in order to manage certain clubs. 5 star clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, United, City etc can only be managed by manager with reps of over 150 rep, 4 star clubs by managers over 100 and etc etc. One thing i've noticed is that 'newbie' managers will take control of a Barcelona or Real Madrid and completely decimate the team with bad management and bad deals, they'll then leave the club and ruin it for anyone else taking it over and the whole gameworld seems to spiral.

Just for example, there are now 2454 Portugese Championships. How many managers are honestly using them?

There are nearly 13000 World Championships, half of which are most probably less than half full. Nearly 10000 English Championships which are probably the same and you know youve got a problem when you have 150 something Gold Championships and they're now starting to empty out.

You seem to want to make it more and more realistic so how about enough with the endless amounts of player concerns and start to make managers start from the bottom and work to the top. That would be more realistic.[/quote']

Top post mate with some interesting ideas.

I do like the reputation based one in regards to taking on a big club - but then other factors would have to contribute toward rep being awarde rather than just longevity.

Completely agree. Maybe something based on how many trophies a manager has won? That sort of thing.

I've been thinking of posting a thread like this for a few days and yours has convinced me to add. Although not as lenghtly' date=' i'm totally with you. Im quite new to Soccer Manager and as much as i like it my one of not many flaws is that there are so many game worlds. This is fine if they are full but they are not. I am in a Game World with a team that I am happy with but it is frustrating to see the number of teams without managers and when they do get a manager they leave within a few games.

[b']I also find 30 day settings are a recipe for disaster. All it does is make soccer Manager think that teams are taken up by people. Where, no doubt that a player who has not been on for 14 days probably has no intention of carrying on with that team....[/b]

Bring people to my Game World and i am happy......

Hey Sparrow and welcome :)

I completely agree with the bolded area. In one of my teams i have i remember looking a few weeks back on the 'club list' and seeing about 50 teams with red writing and "not online for 26 days" or something to that effect and i remember thinking oh well this gameworlds going far to myself. It's a tricky one because obviously players have jobs, school, family commitments and i understand not everyone can come on and take control of their team every night or even every other night but maybe lower it to 10 days or 15 days (that would cover a two week holiday/vacation). Why not lower it to 5 days and give every manager the holiday option, not just Gold managers?

I made the point a long time ago. Unfortunately' date=' it only seems to have got worse. More money I guess :rolleyes:[/quote']

Balance of both between supply and demand..there will come a tipping point when making further gameworlds do not appreciably increase revenue (via advertisers/net traffic etc) and instead begin to hurt the custom gameworld manufacturing (the ones people pay for),gold membership and other direct cash such as paying for clubs..why pay for barca when sooner rather than later you may end up with one-or as some have been tempted to do-buy an account already with it from the owner.

So right now they may just churn them out until demand wanes..or resources available do not make a tidy profit and reel in the older gameworlds..

This was why Football Manager Live by SI Games went out of business incessantly opening up GWs' date=' ignoring pleads from its community not to open up more but rather try to fill up the existing ones.[/quote']

This is a lot different than fm live though... fm has always been a game that is best played with a few committed friends or alone, sm is different and more versatile.

I don't know if stopping reserved team will help, but all the while, before this reserve thing, gameworlds were already <20 filled, even the popular ones like European/World/English etc. Just go check history. Smaller clubs will always have less interest and you cannot force people to take them up if they don't want to, they'll rather not play the game.

Therefore if you really want a filled game, forum setup is your best bet.

not the case lads, you think if they top making gameworlds poeple will take over teams in WC 3056 (random) and take over a team like hamburger..

For thew most part people only want the big few clubs, they simply wont play the game if they cant have these teams etc..

thier was time when gc-12 13 15 19 were being made and people were furious saying it would take away from the eliteness of gold champs, the reality is that its about demand and supply, if gc 5/20 to let alone gc 150 were not der how many of people in those setups woould be ahhppy to take reims in the french 2nd league with a very weak squad in a full competive setup? not too many.. most setups these days are bought so its about people buying a setup so they can take a top team..

even when there was only 200/300 world champs they still were less than half full anyway, its still the same even tough ders 13,000

the only setups that mater should be the ones your in, the rest are not important, no matter how many their is.

the only setups that mater should be the ones your in' date=' the rest are not important, no matter how many their is.[/quote']

I think the major worry is new set ups tend to drain manager talent and attention from current ones..why manage Shorpe UTd when Man City has just been newly minted..notice the use of incentives by gameworld managers to keep interest in set ups and their related forums?

I think the major worry is new set ups tend to drain manager talent and attention from current ones..why manage Shorpe UTd when Man City has just been newly minted..notice the use of incentives by gameworld managers to keep interest in set ups and their related forums?

Who wants to manage shorpe anyway? no one..

for the most part only small teams people stick to is teams they support or have had from the start of the setup, like when der was only 200 world champs setups will only have so many managers in them anyway, because for most managers its not so easy to compete with the best few managers in any setup with the smaller teams, no one will keep an unsuccessfull shorpe forever, eventually they will be unmanaged and lose any good players they have anyway unless a manager is passionate about them.

doing what you say and stop making setups and creating new man citys to manage etc would not bring SM forward and servs no purpose, when you joined the game if SM had stoped at 500 world champs would you take much interest in the game taking over shorpe in a 4th division in a competive league having 84/86 players and not being able to comppete? you would of left the game (most would anyway 95% + id say)

gc-1 is an example... but as you can see even thats only so full* and thats the first gc setup, has major significance in SM but still empty

Whats said about the game being a challange is somewhat true, i myself have voiced concerns over teams having the same quality players {to some degree} in world/eng champs.. with player concerns having an even bigger impact on this concern of mine were its no longer a challange as even a noob can compete with the best managers instantly after joing a setup and attain good players so easily.

different topic tough

My suggestion is that Soccermanager should make something like gold schampionships, that' not good for gold managers, so it should be something little different, but I don't know how :) Making championships on that way should reduce the number of clubs, and more managers should be in the gameworlds too.

It's never going to happen people SM's a business all them 3 pounds to reserve the clubs and people paying to create new world,do you think SM care if there is 4 players in a game world as long as someone's payed them money,and for the amount of money there probably raking in they should spend some on someone to actually look through illegal transfer and account tickets, instead of issuing computer generated rubbish response's it a joke!!!!!SORT YOUSELF OUT SM:mad::mad:

I agree to there are to many now SM should let existing leagues fill up abit befor they make new ones.

i said previously that this is not the case, no one wants teams like lokomotiv and barnsly etc and if these leagues did full up the weaker sides would have low rated players like 84/86 and be up against human managers every week with level quality sides.. most poeple wouldn't stick around with teams like this and not be winning regulary, even in the past when there were 100/200 world champs etc leagues were just as empty.

in the past in SM you were lucky to get big teams, alot of people espcially if not so acitve were not able to get teams they wanted easily, allowing people to pay a small few to manage these clubs is a commen sence approach.

i said previously that this is not the case' date=' no one wants teams like lokomotiv and barnsly etc and if these leagues did full up the weaker sides would have low rated players like 84/86 and be up against human managers every week with level quality sides.. most poeple wouldn't stick around with teams like this and not be winning regulary, even in the past when there were 100/200 world champs etc leagues were just as empty.

in the past in SM you were lucky to get big teams, alot of people espcially if not so acitve were not able to get teams they wanted easily, allowing people to pay a small few to manage these clubs is a commen sence approach.[/quote']

I agree with Shelbourne, if I am the newcomer, I will not want a smaller club, I rather pay the money to get a top club to play, what's the point of playing small club if you come to a game to have fun, winning victories with satisfaction and playing small clubs, just to get beaten by an awfully stronger side and to be get depressed by the loss.

This game is free. Just appreciate what SM has done for us rather than complaining.

I agree with Shelbourne' date=' if I am the newcomer, I will not want a smaller club, I rather pay the money to get a top club to play, what's the point of playing small club if you come to a game to have fun, winning victories with satisfaction and playing small clubs, just to get beaten by an awfully stronger side and to be get depressed by the loss.

[b']This game is free. Just appreciate what SM has done for us rather than complaining.[/b]

It's not about complaining. This is the 'Suggestions & Improvements' section of the forum and i've suggested improvements.

About the game being free, yes it is.... but only if you want a bad team pretty much these days and like you said you wouldn't want a bad side.

Now, i agree with a lot of the things Shelbourne says, i've been on SM for about as long as him i believe (not my forum account) since 2006 and i've seen how its worked in the past but you said "most poeple wouldn't stick around with teams like this and not be winning regulary" ... That is still the case with a lot of the bigger teams. New managers get a hold of a Barcelona or Real Madrid and expect to win all the time, so when they lose a couple of games on the bounce, they just drop the club and by that time they've made a few silly deals, got rid of a few good players and ruined it for anyone taking over that club. How you solve that problem though is anyones guess.

This game is free. Just appreciate what SM has done for us rather than complaining.

You are in the wrong section mate-the complaining section is titled the Arsenal thread :P And in life you seldom get something for nothing :D

It is free-like many others of its kind -and depends on traffic on the site to sell adverts apart from other means of income.

Btw are the gameworlds the same built? are all EC's WC's the same in terms of clubs etc? Because if it is an increase in variations in the gameworlds may be a bit better.