Peter Crouch - why is he playing for england?

FC Basel

Peter Crouch - why is he playing for england?  

1. 1.

• yes........
    • no way!

i absolutely hate peter crouch full stop.

not only is he a really poor player, he also has an adverse effect on the team he is playing for, and makes them one dimensional, he would be perfect for a long ball team like fulham or bolton, but liverpool???? come on!!

it makes me laugh that for england he is being picked ahead of players like darren bent and jermaine defoe, and that he is apparently on course to beat sir bobby charltons england record of 49 goals.

he has never scored against a quality team at international level and is certainly not worthy to play for a top team such as liverpool.

Guest raulinho

Re: Peter Crouch - why is he playing for england?

not only is he a really poor player' date=' he also has an adverse effect on the team he is playing for, and makes them one dimensional, he would be perfect for a long ball team like fulham or bolton, but liverpool???? come on!!

it makes me laugh that for england he is being picked ahead of players like darren bent and jermaine defoe, and that he is apparently on course to beat sir bobby charltons england record of 49 goals.

he has never scored against a quality team at international level and is certainly not worthy to play for a top team such as liverpool.[/quote']

i am aggreing with you 100% sure crouch is not better then owen, rooney defoe andy jonson hes just not 2 good

Guest raulinho

he was a novelty player for other countries at the world cup :D

hes an liability 4 england i dont know why they put in wc i think defoe is way better and his rating has to get dropped to 89 because 90+ is internarional class whihc hes not

and also i think bobby zamora is quit good aswell havent seen im that much but when i saw him he played good

tim dont you think he should get kicked out of the english nation team and pool and ashton and cole and zamroa should get called??

hes an liability 4 england i dont know why they put in wc i think defoe is way better and his rating has to get dropped to 89 because 90+ is internarional class whihc hes not

and also i think bobby zamora is quit good aswell havent seen im that much but when i saw him he played good

i think he is poor, he should drop to 90 and defoe should be a 91, although i am not sure of his rating

I dunno why people bother to compare Crouch with those who are small, speedy, pacey players...

Crouch is Crouch, what he can offer is height, ariel ability.

To use him at full potential, liverpool need good crosses. Yes im talking pin point crossing. I don't think Zenden is good at doing that.

If im not mistaken, he is liverpool top scorer in one of the competition last season.

Rafa got it so wrong in the CL final, he should put Crouch in the starting 11.

I doubt maldini at his age would love to jump up and down with his tired knees.

Im a Liverpool fan and im not a massive Fan of Crouch, but were you guys get some of your opinions from is beyond me.

Do you just sit there and make something up then belive it? :confused:

Crouch has scored some cracking goals for liverpool this season and is our leading goal scorer. his all round play has helped us on many occasions and i belive hes scored more goals than Berbatov, Defoe, and Zamora and in probably less games.

Also are you telling me you guys no more than Rafa and the England manager??

I dont like Mcalren either but he still knows more about football and players than any of us

Im a Liverpool fan and im not a massive Fan of Crouch' date=' but were you guys get some of your opinions from is beyond me.

Do you just sit there and make something up then belive it? :confused:

Crouch has scored some cracking goals for liverpool this season and is our leading goal scorer. his all round play has helped us on many occasions and i belive hes scored more goals than Berbatov, Defoe, and Zamora and in probably less games.

Also are you telling me you guys no more than Rafa and the England manager??

I dont like Mcalren either but he still knows more about football and players than any of us[/quote']

but the point is, yes he offers height and physical prescence, but so would michael owen if he had stilts, and crouch cant head the ball well at all

not only is he a really poor player' date=' he also has an adverse effect on the team he is playing for, and makes them one dimensional, he would be perfect for a long ball team like fulham or bolton, but liverpool???? come on!!

he has never scored against a quality team at international level and is certainly not worthy to play for a top team such as liverpool.[/quote']

simple question, why is he playing, simple answer, he scores goals. he brings something new and different to the front line...and oh, he scores goals :)

but the point is' date=' yes he offers height and physical prescence, but so would michael owen if he had stilts, and crouch cant head the ball well at all[/quote']

scored a decent header in their recent MUST WIN qualifier didnt he...?

I admit that Crouch isn't the best of players, but what he does offer is height, nobody can deny that's his main attribute. He knows it and his teammates know it, they use it to the teams advantage by using the high ball over the top and expect him to head it down.

It's effective, when playing for England I believe Crouch and either Owen or Rooney is the best partnership. IMO it would be Crouch and Rooney that would be the best partnership, Crouch wins any high balls and heads them down to Rooney as he usually lies deeper than what Owen would. Yes it would be more long balls over the top but I think that Rooney would benefit from it because he lies so deep.

Despite you not liking him, he does the business on the pitch, he scores goals which is the most important thing for a striker.

Other strikers that England could use in his place wouldn't be as effective IMO, they would be the same sort of players as Owen and Rooney and IMO two players that do the same thing just doesn't work for England, for example Gerrard and Lampard.

But it isn't just his ariel ability that Crouch has going for him, I admit that he isn't the most graceful player, but he can still score the odd tap in and score spectacular goals.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

if crouch is so bad why has he got the best strike rate of any of the england strikers for the last 10 games ???

he may not be the most gifted player in the world but the gets the goals unlike AJ, defoe, bent

Do you just sit there and make something up then belive it?

YES! :D It would seem so Nells. ;)

Crouch for me is 2 things - Ugly yet effective. B)

When I say ugly, I mean some of his goals often come from scrappy build up or long ball crosses, etc but then again I can think of a couple of 'crackers' from him this last year just gone. RESPECT!

I wish I was a BAD :P as him on the football field. lol

Herby

i yhink crouch can not cut for liverpool n england he scored 18n goals for england and only 5 have been in competitive games so when it comes to the big stage he cant hack it look wot he did for england in world cup

in the world cup, england scored 6 goals(1 own goal)...peter crouch scored 1 goal, the ONLY striker to score....what the **** are these peoples points?!

in the world cup' date=' england scored 6 goals(1 own goal)...peter crouch scored 1 goal, the ONLY striker to score....what the **** are these peoples points?![/quote']

i have wondered that aswell.

He is a great target man and great on the ball for a big fella.

He currently has the best strike ratio for England with 12 goals in 19 International appearences, which is a strike rate of 63%. Owen has 45% and Rooney has 31%.

If Peter Crouch is playing for England and Liverpool, then he's doing something right.

While his passing isn't great, he is a good player. He's taken the critism well, and has scored some great goals this season. The managers have kept faith in him by picking him over Bellamy and Defoe, who are great players, so that says something. He gives wide men something to feed, too, and this promotes getting the ball in the box, which enhances team attacks.

Remember, he may not be Pele, but his inclusion gives the team a new edge.

in the world cup' date=' england scored 6 goals(1 own goal)...peter crouch scored 1 goal, the ONLY striker to score....what the **** are these peoples points?![/quote']

To be honest nav i think they just make stuff up for the sake of it, they have no stats to backup there remarks infact all the stats are really in favour of crouch.

People keep rambling on about how poor Crouch was in the world cup how many goals did owen get again?? oh yeah once again he was injured how can we use owen if hes never ever fit.

as for the rest of them I think crouch scored more in the EPL than all of them prob excluding bent im not sure how many he got this season, Also you guys keep saying hes only scoring in friendlys for England... well at least hes scoring which is more than most the England strikers do even in friendlys

A chance is a chance weather its against a good team or a bad team, what does happen in the big games tho is we dont get as many chances to actually score, how many times in the world cup can you actually remember the likes of crouch getting good service? simple there wasnt, no matter who u have up there if theres no service theres no goals.

The days were owen ripped through defenses is well done, and you dont see Defoe and Co doing it that often either

exactly, lets sum them up.

crouch - scores more often than not for country and crucial goals for club when playing, which is quite often, espec for Eng.

AJ- scores pens, nothing else. not eng material either.

defoe - this guy cant even play for his club? nice chance of playing for eng.

owen - if he stays fit for more than half a season these days its a miracle, hope he does though.

rooney - although this kid is brilliant, does nothing when up on his own. often gets ill-tempered, and doesnt really score many if you look at stats... 12 in 38 for eng? compare with crouch....oh but wait, crouch doesnt score in important games...

bent - guy hasnt done it for eng yet, and wont imo, although a good prem striker, wouldnt cut it at the highest level for me..

nugen - needs to get in the prem 1st, a season or 2 under his belt then can be considered.

so if you look at facts and figures, crouch is engs best F around atm goal scoring wise, maybe barring rooney at times, but dont england need 2 Fs... :rolleyes:

Here ya go Nells ... since I'd hate for you to post inaccurate thruths :P

The stats never lie .... :D

1 Didier Drogba Chelsea 20

2 Benedict McCarthy Blackburn 18

3 Cristiano Ronaldo Man Utd 17

4 Mark Viduka Middlesbrough 14

Wayne Rooney Man Utd 14

6 Darren Bent Charlton 13

Kevin Doyle Reading 13

8 Dimitar Berbatov Tottenham 12

Dirk Kuyt Liverpool 12

Ayegbeni Yakubu Middlesbrough 12

11 Robbie Keane Tottenham 11

Bobby Zamora West Ham 11

Nicolas Anelka Bolton 11

Obafemi Martins Newcastle 11

Andrew Johnson Everton 11

Frank Lampard Chelsea 11

Robin Van Persie Arsenal 11

18 Jermain Defoe Tottenham 10

Gilberto Silva Arsenal 10

Emile Heskey Wigan 10

Nwankwo Kanu Portsmouth 10

Thierry Henry Arsenal 10

23 Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 9

Mikel Arteta Everton 9

Peter Crouch Liverpool 9

Brian McBride Fulham 9

Note - Premiership goals only

The above shows that Kuyt was Liverpool's leading goalscorer not Crouch and that D. Bent got more goals than both of them, which of course doesn't make him a better striker. :P

Herby

p.s. I just love numbers .... hehe

Nice post Nav' date=' quality as usual. :)

What about Zamora, is he elligable to play for England? Not suggesting he's good enough, just wondering. :rolleyes:

I noticed you left out Theo Walcott ... :D lmao

Herby[/quote']

Zamora, guy wont ever play for them, used to for the under 21s, but mid 20s now, missed his chance to ever play for them imo.

as for Theo...pfft, give him some prem starts then ill consider :)

YES! :D It would seem so Nells. ;)

Crouch for me is 2 things - Ugly yet effective. B)

When I say ugly' date=' I mean some of his goals often come from scrappy build up or long ball crosses, etc but then again I can think of a couple of 'crackers' from him this last year just gone. RESPECT!

I wish I was a BAD :P as him on the football field. lol

Herby[/quote']

Herb, you are spot on. I dont like Crouch, but I like him. How weird is that?

I just dont like his movements including his stupid robot dance. But how can you not play him? His goal record for England is brill. I think when Owen and Rooney are banging them in, its gonna be very difficult!! Poor Crouchy!!

if crouch is so bad why has he got the best strike rate of any of the england strikers for the last 10 games ???

he may not be the most gifted player in the world but the gets the goals unlike AJ' date=' defoe, bent[/quote']

its because of the really poor teams he scores against