Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

World Championship 14702- GOING STRONG

Re: New Forum WC- made after January transfer window! SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST NOW! :)

Im In :) Never been in a wc from the start' date='and Im only in Wc 11111[/quote']

Same as you, Riece apart from my very early days in SM i've not actually been in a WC game, and have not been in a WC game from the very start. If this looks popular but getting in the good guys from the forum, add me and i'll join in this one. :)

Re: New Forum WC- made after January transfer window! SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST NOW! :)

yeah im guessing/hoping this will get alot more interest added the deeper we get into the real life transfer window especially if theres some big switches happening

plus its going to be opening in feburary, nothing good ever happens in feburary so i reckon alot will join intitally just to stave off the boredom

then get hooked;)

ill join and see how it goes.. will either stay or go depending on its substance..

in wc 10000 and wc 11111..

i was in 10688 and 11019 which were both like this will be and failed.. buying from unmanaged ruined them 2 sets ups majorly..

ill join and see how it goes.. will either stay or go depending on its substance..

in wc 10000 and wc 11111..

i was in 10688 and 11019 which were both like this will be and failed.. buying from unmanaged ruined them 2 sets ups majorly..

Is it possible to cancel the "buying from unmanaged"? That kills games. Or custom gameworld will work? Still at the attractive half price now.

I think the ID number and type of world doesn't matter so much as long as the peeps are here to stay and have fun, also the rules are fair. If it is custom, can even set to 3 divisions plus edit rules and any popular clubs missing from the game. 3 divisions is a lot better than 4 imo, as 4 is way too spread out and lose focus if you know what I mean.

Is it possible to cancel the "buying from unmanaged"? That kills games. Or custom gameworld will work? Still at the attractive half price now.

I think the ID number and type of world doesn't matter so much as long as the peeps are here to stay and have fun' date=' also the rules are fair. If it is custom, can even set to 3 divisions plus edit rules and any popular clubs missing from the game. 3 divisions is a lot better than 4 imo, as 4 is way too spread out and lose focus if you know what I mean.[/quote']

Only way to do that would be to use a custom GW. If we do go down that route, I've got a custom GW to create sitting around for over a year now that could be free to use to save someone buying another, if you wanted.

You can add my name to the interested list, been looking to get into a good Forum WC from the start for a while. Last one I tried was 10688, which didn't go too well.

Last time a forum filled custom WC was created it ended up to be a total farce. I wouldn't do it.

Anyway to combat this problem, us forumers will have to agree not to buy from unmanaged clubs.

Last time a forum filled custom WC was created it ended up to be a total farce. I wouldn't do it.

Anyway to combat this problem' date=' us forumers will have to agree not to buy from unmanaged clubs.[/quote']

Agree with this, i was part of a custom GW from a WC it was mundus chaves or something, failed to ballnutsacks

Agree with this' date=' i was part of a custom GW from a WC it was mundus chaves or something, failed to ballnutsacks[/quote']

Yeah something like that lol. In the end I had to bail them out and created a forum filled WC, but it didn't turn out to be successful as they were a lot of idiots in there who wanted the world just for one player. :rolleyes: That's gonna be another problem as well.

Agree with this' date=' i was part of a custom GW from a WC it was mundus chaves or something, failed to ballnutsacks[/quote']

Just curious how did it fail? Gameworld rules? No promo? If it is lack of people or quitters then WC could experience same problem too.

Just curious how did it fail? Gameworld rules? No promo? If it is lack of people or quitters then WC could experience same problem too.

Most people were dead set on a WC... rushed the creation

It was just created quite quickly without people knowing. The majority of the people didn't know including me. The clubs were dished out randomly, people were unhappy and the creator came up with a cunning plan to get rid of them by saying if your unhappy with your club, quit your team and I'll make it public in 2 hours or something like that, so that you can try and get the club you want. Many people quit even people with the 'big' clubs as they wanted a 'little' club even though they were happy with the 'big' club. The setup died in a day really.

yeah i think keeping it a "normal gameworld" would be best

as some get a bit funny and territorial over customs, wheither it be right or wrong to do so

plus really the unmanaged issue is only an issue if the gameworld doesn't gain enough interest from the get go

and if by any chance we don't manage to fill all 80teams which personally i think we will

its easy to stop peeps ruining the setup by doing deals on the cheap(buying from unmanaged), just a case of changing the mentality of the approach instead of managers thinking "there bidding on umanaged teams player quick i better get my bid in because if they am i am" to a way of thinking of im going to notify you(if you aren't a known forumer etc that bidding on umanaged isn't good sport) if no reply or you get the whole "its not against the rules bumf" then simply getting a "friend" to take over/quit said club before deal is completed cancelling said deal

managers get the message eventually if the majority of the gameworld works togehter when i was in wc11111 was a perfect example there was a period of about three weeks that constant bids were going in on unmanaged teams guys involved in the forum side of it just did what was mentioned above in all cases pretty much and stopped it dead, shortly after the gameworld filled back up and has pretty much been like that since as far as i know

How are the teams going to be chosen? I have never done one of these and I started 11111 after 1 league game so I am not sure how it works.

How are the teams going to be chosen? I have never done one of these and I started 11111 after 1 league game so I am not sure how it works.

first come first serve really the same as any other standard gameworld

i do think though in this gameworld im going to try and pick up one of the big boys instead of going for a lil' guy and building 'em up

as ive already got' date=' well a smallish team in div4 in wc10000(rsc anderlecht)

or barring that and it goes crazy on reserving a biggish div2 team

certainly no lower than div2 though

[/font']

first come first serve really the same as any other standard gameworld

i do think though in this gameworld im going to try and pick up one of the big boys instead of going for a lil' guy and building 'em up

as ive already got' date=' well a smallish team in div4 in wc10000(rsc anderlecht)

or barring that and it goes crazy on reserving a biggish div2 team

certainly no lower than div2 though

[/font']

ok, I guess I'm going to end up with the **** again if people just reserve using gold.

Sounds like the previous custom gameworld failed because of poor organisation and communication. How a forum gameworld could lack those is still baffling lol, but if this game has more than 1 month to set up then lack of organisation is not an excuse for failure, the only possibility is participants bailing out at the last minute.

1 week before the creation, we should check again with the participants + announce a date where the game will be created so people know when to check back.

To gain more awareness, anyone good in making signatures can make a catchy one about the upcoming gameworld so that some guys can put in their sig.

As for first come first serve vs random draw, I prefer the latter where the organiser/creator randomise who get what teams.

Advantages of randomising teams:

- we know the teams a few days before the gameworld is created, thus better execution when the world comes online

- participants can take 1-2 days before the gameworld comes online to swap teams

- no campers online just to fast pick

- no reservation being used

Key turnoff in first come first serve:

- camping online

- participants may bail out in "first come first serve" if the leftover teams are not what they wanted and they can't do anything about it

Like to know what you guys think about it..

Sounds like the previous custom gameworld failed because of poor organisation and communication. How a forum gameworld could lack those is still baffling lol' date=' but if this game has more than 1 month to set up then lack of organisation is not an excuse for failure, the only possibility is participants bailing out at the last minute.

1 week before the creation, we should check again with the participants + announce a date where the game will be created so people know when to check back.

To gain more awareness, anyone good in making signatures can make a catchy one about the upcoming gameworld so that some guys can put in their sig.

As for [b']first come first serve vs random draw[/b], I prefer the latter where the organiser/creator randomise who get what teams.

Advantages of randomising teams:

- we know the teams a few days before the gameworld is created, thus better execution when the world comes online

- participants can take 1-2 days before the gameworld comes online to swap teams

- no campers online just to fast pick

- no reservation being used

Key turnoff in first come first serve:

- camping online

- participants may bail out in "first come first serve" if the leftover teams are not what they wanted and they can't do anything about it

Like to know what you guys think about it..

Have no idea what you are on about mate, sorry. Its going to be a standard WC as mentioned many times on the thread. It is NOT a custom so no such randomising teams etc. Its first come first served like every WC.

Will be changing the thread title closer to the date and messaging people closer to the date. Dan James and I have this covered :)