Phil jones, chris smalling, martin kelly, danny welbeck

matty c

Re: Phil jones, chris smalling, martin kelly, danny welbeck

What Izzy Legend said. In 2010/11 Smalling only played 11 times and also Phil Jones was at Blackburn, somewhere where he couldnt rise high. Martin Kelly went through some injured and Liverpool couldnt end in the top 4 in the EPL. Welbeck was at Fulham last year and scored 6 goals which he probably increased for scoring them. Now Welbeck, Jones and Smalling are regulars, I expect them to rise very quickly.

What Izzy Legend said. In 2010/11 Smalling only played 11 times and also Phil Jones was at Blackburn' date=' somewhere where he couldnt rise high. Martin Kelly went through some injured and Liverpool couldnt end in the top 4 in the EPL. Welbeck was at Fulham last year and scored 6 goals which he probably increased for scoring them. Now Welbeck, Jones and Smalling are regulars, I expect them to rise very quickly. [/color']

Welbeck was at sunderland not fulham surely! Yes i agree with you and Izzy. Regular minutes for club NT a good European championships could see most of these players pushing 90 this time next season, all worth keeping

Welbeck was at sunderland not fulham surely! Yes i agree with you and Izzy. Regular minutes for club NT a good European championships could see most of these players pushing 90 this time next season' date=' all worth keeping[/quote']

Oh yeh sorry I was thinking of Smalling when I wrote Fulham.

Quite easy IMO.

chris smalling' date=' phil jones, danny welbeck, daniel sturridge, tom cleverly, martin kelly still all rated 87,86 and 85[/quote']

because

they are englands best prospects

and

mario gotze and thomas muller

are 91 respectively 93 because they are German talents :P

-------------------

Honestly it's because of what others said before me. But you really can find more adequate players than Götze or Müller to compare them with those English talents as Götze and Müller are certainly better players and therefore make your comparison look a bit odd.

We do have a habit of over hyping players in England to say the least.

Having said that for Cleverley and Jones at Manchester United it will be a defining season as to how good they are. We are not producing many good strikers at the mo, they tend to have a sealing of 90 but with a hype rating of '95'. With Rooney as the exception. I have not seen enough of Welbeck and Sturridge to think they can rise above 90 just yet. Like Walcott who came with a lot of ott press coverage i don't think they will get above 90-91 before they are 25 or so.

We do have a habit of over hyping players in England to say the least.

Having said that for Cleverley and Jones at Manchester United it will be a defining season as to how good they are. We are not producing many good strikers at the mo' date=' they tend to have a sealing of 90 but with a hype rating of '95'. With Rooney as the exception. I have not seen enough of Welbeck and Sturridge to think they can rise above 90 just yet. Like Walcott who came with a lot of ott press coverage i don't think they will get above 90-91 before they are 25 or so.[/quote']

Completely agree with this statement. Our English players are simply over hyped as there is a distinct lack of real 'top' quality coming through the ranks. So when a player with a glimpse of potential comes onto the scene he is labelled as a great prospect when in fact he's nothing more than a young player making his way in the game.

As a Utd fan, I see nothing special about Cleverley...he's merely in the team due to Utd's lack of funds and real midfield talent and options.

Jones is the only one that I can see regularly playing for Utd in 10 years time as he has the ability to be whatever he wants at Utd. And I don't just mean playing for Utd, I mean making a real impact and being a driving force in the team.

Welbeck....again he's nothing special when you compare him on a global basis to other youngsters that play in his position.

My opinion :

Phil Jones - Good Prospect in my opinion and he is really good in both midfield and defender role .

Smalling - Good right full back . He might start if Rafael is still an injury prone .

Kelly - Good DEF but Liverpool doesn't use him much .

Welbeck - I dont rate him at all , just that sometimes he scores but he will only gets chance if SAF is rotating him with Chicharito and Rooney .. If Chicharito is available I dont think he will really have many games .

Cleverley - He is just a normal midfielder where he was used when MUFC is lack of midfield in my opinion .. He is an injury prone too .

Just my opinion :) .

what a joker you are meowmeow

Its no secret Jones is good player, this season we're seeing more of what he offers in an attacking sense. At Blackburn he was predominately used in defence and no disrespect to blackburn but they spend more time defending than united. This season playing with better players and having more freedom to attack, has shown theres more to his game than saving the day tackles and intercepting passes. He's got pace to carry the ball up the pitch and is learning the awareness to run into space. He had 2 chances, 1 against fulham and the other basel where he ran through the middle and was played in for a 1-on-1 with the keeper, great runs, i'm sure the finishing will become more clinical.

I see smalling ahead of rafael, he's got pace and strength and again, from playing for united his confidence has grown and he's looking more assured playing the ball out of defence.

Kelly - Not really interested, he plays for liverpool.

Welbeck is quality. He is a class act, he can score goals with his head, either foot. He can hold the ball up well, he's got close control, upper body strength. I can't see whats not to like about him. If you launch balls at him, he'll win headers. If you play him through on goal he's got the pace to get away from defenders and he's a presence for defending and attacking set pieces. He was sunderlands best player last season and every time i've seen him, especially when he's played everton, he gives defenders a hard game. If united didn't want him theres 19 (maybe not city, there forwards are alright) other premierleague clubs who would take him.

Sturridge could be chelseas best player this season, all credit to AVB who has played him instead of Anelka, Lukaku, Torres and Malouda. Its a decision which has really paid off.

how are chris smalling' date=' phil jones, danny welbeck, daniel sturridge, tom cleverly, martin kelly still all rated 87,86 and 85 when they are englands best prospects when mario gotze and thomas muller, germanys best are 92 and 93 i no they aren't that good but they are better than 87[/quote']

Pretty easy. Its Gotze's 2nd full season for a team that was champions last year plus he played for Germany's NT who qualified for the Euro Champs by winning pretty much everything and next to that Gotze was absolutely brilliant.

Muller is in his 3d full season and he has been playing for the German team for ages now, despite his age and he's been doing very good.

Smalling hasn't played a full season yet (with full season I mean pretty much every league match so that's somewhere around 30+ matches in a season).

Phil Jones is in his 2nd full season but compared to Gotze, his first full season was not for the league winners, I think if he played that much for United last season he would've been 90/91 by now too.

Welbeck has played about 1 full season so far, for Sunderland.. Which says it all..

Cleverley has played about 1,5 full season, a full one for Watford and half for Wigan, just like Welbeck, that says it all.

Sturridge hasn't even played a full season yet, not even for Bolton last season.

There you go, this should explain it. Next to that keep in mind that none of the English players are even near the amount of minutes the German guys made for their NT (don't mind youth teams, they aren't rated that high) and also that imo these English players are hyped way too much, I think only Jones deserves to be hyped as he's really promising. But all the other one's can in no way match the talent of Muller nor Gotze.

MY question is why the hell is Jones still CB/DM and Smalling CB?

Smalling should be CB/RB and Jones should be DEF/DM

come on SM' date=' sort it out!![/quote']

I agree. What confused me is how can they give Djourou positional change to CB/RB and not give it to Smalling while Djourou played less games in RB than Smalling

I agree. What confused me is how can they give Djourou positional change to CB/RB and not give it to Smalling while Djourou played less games in RB than Smalling

they have to be planning the positional changes. they can't leave them as is' date=' it's ridiculous.

and I think they're being harsh on Smalling. 89 for Jones is fair considering he's just blowing up this season, but Smalling was a big part of a Title Winning side & he helped make the CL Finals and FA Cup Semis [i']last season[/i]. 90 would be fair for him (he's accomplished more than Micah Richards, who just got bumped up to 90).

also, as an aside, Carrick should be 94. well, he should have been 94 ages ago. considering the quality of his performances since he joined United (and how well they've done since then, too). he's performed alongside everyone they've put in midfield and while he was pretty awful in 09/10, he picked it up again last year with that superb partnership with Giggs.

alsoalso, isn't it about time Rooney bumped back up to 96? he's gotten over that horrendous slump in form he had at the back-end of 2010.

There was outrage about Busquets/Masch not getting DM/CB the day they changed ratings. The next day they changed.

I have the utmost confidence Jones/Smalling will get the changes they deserved.

I wish it was before tonights games though. :(

Archived