EPL Players Shock

LilMarioXD

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: EPL Players Shock

This is really disappointed. My favourite team is Chelsea and nearly the whole team got dropped. I know Chelsea is playing bad throughout the season,but you can see Frank Lampard became iconic player this season with his clutch performance and Ramires didn't make the progress. I'm okay with Torres,Cech,Anelka,Alex and Terry drop,but not with Lamp.

RVP should be 95/96. He is a beast for Arsenal right now and why Arshavin only dropped 1? Why Nani goes up? he is not too phenomenal this season. Lucas from Liverpool also terrific this season but he stayed:confused:

Joe Hart 91? Lol? He's England's #1 Manchester City are top of the league. Week in week out he puts in world class performances and not even a +1?

Modric was a real suprise' date=' didn't expect him to rise at all. I can understand why he got an increase with Spurs doing well in the league.

Szczesny only an 88? He's #1 at Arsenal, he's not a reserve. Another real surpise there. De Gea an 89? He gets benched for the other GK because he's inconsitent yet he's higher than Szczesny?

What's your thoughts on the recent EPL ratings?[/quote']

Szczesny should be 89.

De Gea should be 90.

Hart had a good chance of 92 I'd have thought, but I can understand the wait.

No rise for Krul?

I hear Fletcher dropped!?

Suarez to 92, the Copa America probably got him that, but I feel he is overrated. He has peaked at 92 imo, until he moves to a big club.

No surprise @ Chelsea pensioners dropping.

Given / Dunne dropped, why?

Jones/Smalling will get a positional change today/tomorrow, trust me.

Andy Johnson dropped, seemed decent irl but I can't really say if that's a good/bad change.

Disappointed with some of the other changes too, but, if they are deserved they'll get them next time.

Most changes haven't been as big as they should have been, but I think it's down to SMs new approach of faster changes for the big leagues during the season.

Hopefully this means they should rectify most things....

Dunne + Given dropping however, is a joke.

Given is one of the best 'keepers in the EPL.

Dunne is one of the best defenders in the EPL.

They are just playing for a team that's not playing as good as it could/should (and I'm a Villa fan).

SM value the team a player plays at too much.

***!!!!

List of all the wrong changes:

Yaya Toure (93??? ***** 92 was fine)

Smalling (90)

Young (93)

Alex song (92)

Ramsey (90)

Vermalean (92)

Koscielny (90/91)

Given (shouldn't drop)

Dunne (shouldn't drop)

Kyle Walker (89)

Micah Richards (91)

Hart (92 defo maybe 93if neuer is)

Wojiech Szyesny (90/91)

Walcott (91)

Martin Kelly (88)

Coquellin (85)

Frimpong (83)

Vidic (Should have dropped IMO 95 is fine)

Hernandez (91)

Evans (89)

Welbeck (89)

Gerrard (should be 92)

De Gea an 89? He gets benched for the other GK because he's inconsitent yet he's higher than Szczesny?

What's your thoughts on the recent EPL ratings?

De Gea doesnt get benched because he's inconsistent, he's been benched in 4 out of the 17 games. He only gets benched in the games against lower league sides. The reson United do that is so that they have two, happy, fit goalkeepers. To cut a long story short, De Gea should have risen to 90!

***!!!!

Yaya Toure (93??? ***** 92 was fine) Disagree

Smalling (90) Lol???

Young (93) Erm.....

Alex song (92) I sort of agree. He deserves it' date=' but maybe not yet.[/b']

Ramsey (90) Lol.

Vermalean (92) He will get it next time.

Koscielny (90/91) Agree

Given (shouldn't drop) Agree

Dunne (shouldn't drop) Agree

Kyle Walker (89) Too soon, 88 is fine.

Micah Richards (91) Same as Walker, 90 is fine

Hart (92 defo maybe 93if neuer is) Hart, perhaps he should have risen, but I agree with SM it's best to wait.

Wojiech Szyesny (90/91) Lol.

Walcott (91) Disagree

Martin Kelly (88) Nope.

Coquellin (85) Why?

Frimpong (83) Why?

Vidic (Should have dropped IMO 95 is fine) Best defender in the world doesn't need to drop.

Hernandez (91) Not yet, will reach it.

Evans (89) Perhaps due, but his performances are terrible.

Welbeck (89) Too soon, 88 is good for now.

Gerrard (should be 92) Agreed.

A few of your "correct" ratings are agreeable, most are laughable.

***!!!!

Yaya Toure (93??? ***** 92 was fine)

African footballer of the year

2 goals and 4 assists

Scored the goal that won Man City their first cup in a while.

Strong midfielder overall' date=' defensively and offensively for Man City.

A rise to 93 is well deserved.[/b']

Smalling (90)

Not just yet. Remember there are 3 reviews a year so if he carries on playing good he will get it.

Young (93)

You are out of your mind if you think he should jump from 90 to 93 in one go.

Alex song (92)

Agree.

Ramsey (90)

Again he is a good player but let him show his qualities more and he will rise higher.

Vermalean (92)

Partly agree. He is a solid defender and 92 wouldnt be wrong at all but with his injuries and stuff, SM probably want to see him consistely perform then he will be on his way to 92.

Koscielny (90/91)

He has potential but he shouldnt get 91 just yet. I agree though 90 wouldnt have been bad at all cause ive been impressed with him lately but he has made a few mistakes

Given (shouldn't drop)

Have to agree

Dunne (shouldn't drop)

Again I agree

Kyle Walker (89)

Agree on this too. He has started all his games so far and Tottenham look set for CL again.

Micah Richards (91)

+1 is fine, when you get to 90 you have to continue showing you are good to rise further

Hart (92 defo maybe 93if neuer is)

Agreed. Big shock for me

Wojiech Szyesny (90/91)

Shouldve got 89 but not 90 or 91.

Walcott (91)

Wasnt definitely going to rise and doesnt definitely deserve it, I knew he would stay.

Martin Kelly (88)

Was injured and needs to play more.

Coquellin (85)

He shouldve increased. I would say +1 wouldve been okay.

Frimpong (83)

80 isnt bad for him imo.

Vidic (Should have dropped IMO 95 is fine)

Still a solid defender imo. He is also injured now so he cant prove himself but I dont think he should drop. Utd look a lot more comfortable with him in the defence.

Hernandez (91)

Disagree with this. He has been injured and hasnt scored much.

Evans (89)

Slightly agree. Although he has been poor in the past, he has 10 starts under his belt this season and united arent conceded too much goals.

Welbeck (89)

Agree.

Gerrard (should be 92)

Definitely agree.

Opinions in bold.

I think the ratings have been impacted by the fact they are done via SoccerWiki now and not solely through the SM researchers. We have more of a say and can suggest the rating increases/decreases via that site.

I sent in a fair few suggestions but mostly for the Championship as that's the league I know the best.

I think it will just take some time for the site to get up and running and it will mean a few ratings may look a bit odd for a little while.

By the way, on the topic of Briggs going to 82 and Elliott Bennett only going to the same, here's why:

Elliott Bennett, Premiership - 13 games, 10 starts. Total 13 games.

Matthew Briggs, Prem - 2 games, 1 start. League Cup - 1 start. Europa League - 12 games, 10 starts. Total 15 games.

Szczesny should be 89.

De Gea should be 90.

Hart had a good chance of 92 I'd have thought' date=' but I can understand the wait.

No rise for Krul?

I hear Fletcher dropped!?

[b']Suarez to 92, the Copa America probably got him that, but I feel he is overrated. He has peaked at 92 imo, until he moves to a big club.[/b]

No surprise @ Chelsea pensioners dropping.

Given / Dunne dropped, why?

Jones/Smalling will get a positional change today/tomorrow, trust me.

Andy Johnson dropped, seemed decent irl but I can't really say if that's a good/bad change.

Disappointed with some of the other changes too, but, if they are deserved they'll get them next time.

And liverpool is not a big club? Liverpool is the All time most successful English club. Liverpool have won more trophies in all competitions then any other English team. But yeah hes at a small club off course.

Cant believe BA didn't rise with all his goals this season.

And liverpool is not a big club? Liverpool is the All time most successful English club. Liverpool have won more trophies in all competitions then any other English team. But yeah hes at a small club off course.

And was Suarez playing for Liverpool when they were a big club? How many trophies has he won at Liverpool? How many of those trophies did they win while Suarez was there?

Liverpool are a top 6 club nowadays, they don't have the squad to compete with the 5 big premier league clubs. I can't see a player rising to 93 at Liverpool for a good few years yet.

To be fair Man Utd have won more major trophies. Also you can't expect him to reach above 92 if Liverpool dont play CL football and are always ending around 6th. Salty is right' date=' its about the present not past when it comes to SM rises, especially when a new player joins and Liverpool players havent got much going for them in terms of that.[/b']

Stop living in the past, SM judge players and teams on the present and recent history. Liverpool aren't considered a big club anymore and are merely a stepping stone for players who want to achieve bigger things. Suarez will demonstrate this in a year or so when he's realised Liverpool don't have a chance of winning a title anytime soon.

All in the past my fellow forumer, none of which have any meaning these days. Nottingham Forest used to be a force in Europe back in the '70's, they are no longer a big club!

Liverpool are not a big club, they are a club with a big history!

I see the Great Liverpool are doing well in Europe this season aren't they...

And was Suarez playing for Liverpool when they were a big club? How many trophies has he won at Liverpool? How many of those trophies did they win while Suarez was there?

Thats a pretty dumb thing to say when hes been there for less then a year' date=' Let alone a full season.

Liverpool are a top 6 club nowadays, they don't have the squad to compete with the 5 big premier league clubs. I can't see a player rising to 93 at Liverpool for a good few years yet.

6th is far from set in stone, They are 1 win off 4th, and It's a long season, I wouldn't write them off yet.

Liverpool are a Big club, Just because they've had a blip for 1 or 2 seasons doesn't make them small. Any team that's been in the CL Final twice in the last 6 years is a big club.

They have beaten Chelsea Twice, Arsenal, And both the Mancs scraped draws.

They can still easily "Rumble" With the "Big" clubs.

I don't expect any of you to agree with what I'm saying but thats fine, We'll just see how the season progresses.

Chamberlaine - 1 EPL start = +13

Frimpong - 3 EPL starts and 3 sub appearances = +5

I wont mention the cup games because both played in them anyway.

Now tell me thats wrong.

That's because Chamberlain started at a rating of 70 and fully deserved the rise as a result of his performances with the Saints.

Thats a pretty dumb thing to say when hes been there for less then a year' date=' Let alone a full season.[/quote']

How many trophies have Liverpool won in the last 3-4 years? How many has Suarez won with them? How many is he likely to win with them? Regardless of where they finish, they are far behind City, United, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of quality. 6th is looking increasingly likely however.

6th is far from set in stone' date=' They are 1 win off 4th, and It's a long season, I wouldn't write them off yet.[/quote']

Suarez is currently banned for 8 games. Ban may be increased if his appeal fails. His ban may be increased if he is punished for his obscene gesture at the Fulham fans. Liverpool struggle to score as it is. How will they fair without Suarez?

Thats a pretty dumb thing to say when hes been there for less then a year' date=' Let alone a full season.

6th is far from set in stone, They are 1 win off 4th, and It's a long season, I wouldn't write them off yet.

[b']Liverpool are a Big club, Just because they've had a blip for 1 or 2 seasons doesn't make them small. Any team that's been in the CL Final twice in the last 6 years is a big club.[/b]

They have beaten Chelsea Twice, Arsenal, And both the Mancs scraped draws.

They can still easily "Rumble" With the "Big" clubs.

I don't expect any of you to agree with what I'm saying but thats fine, We'll just see how the season progresses.

You dont seem to understand that it is the past. Suarez wont rise to a high rating for what has happened in the past. Even if they have beaten the said clubs, they struggle overall like against Wigan and due to the past 2 seasons, do you blame people for saying they will end 6th? You cant blame them.

How many trophies have Liverpool won in the last 3-4 years? How many has Suarez won with them? How many is he likely to win with them? Regardless of where they finish' date=' they are far behind City, United, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of quality. 6th is looking increasingly likely however.[/quote']

Yeah chelsea and arsenal put in some amazing performances against them, real quality.

Archived