English Ratings Review

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Ratings Review

Re: English Ratings Review Thanks Santa.

Re: English Ratings Review I actually think the ratings have been very, very poor. It has been ruined by the Soccer Wiki thing. My 10 rants are: 1. How has Modric gone up to 93, when he has done no

Really starting to wonder if this game is worth my time anymore, I get two joys out of this game, which are having success with a squad (promotion etc.), and building a squad, and both of these are being hampered by SM being useless. The match engine is woeful, but instead of focusing on fixing it they come out with far less important things like Soccerwiki, and the Chat (I like the Chat, but I'd rather the actual game was sorted out before they started putting bells and whistles on it). And the changes of the major leagues have been fairly incomprehensible, to say the least. The rating changes themselves have been scattergun, I won't even bother commenting on any of them because they've all been mentioned and we're all aware of them, and also because of my next issue, the fact that I can't actually see the bloody changes. Since I (like everyone else by the looks of things) am not getting my squad report given to me, I have to go to the tab in my squad section (Only an extra few clicks, but it's annoying when you have 15 teams and bad internet), and even then it doesn't show my rises correctly. Then I have to go to the player database which seems to only show 3/4 of the actual ratings changes.

Overall, not happy.

Hopefully Krul will go to 87. I think there has been some malfunctioning with the rising. Some of the players got rising arrows but they stayed the same rating. Also there were no riser messages in the club news, I used to look forward to them. Oh well. Connor Wickham was my best christmas bonus.

Hopefully Krul will go to 87. I think there has been some malfunctioning with the rising. Some of the players got rising arrows but they stayed the same rating. Also there were no riser messages in the club news' date=' I used to look forward to them. Oh well. Connor Wickham was my best christmas bonus.[/quote']

Its like Benzema getting a +2 to 93 when he always was a 93. And in one team a player got a +75 but was rated 75 to begin with.

Worst rating changes I think SM have done. Yes before you may not agree with some of them but at least there weren't the glitches were are seeing like rises for a player to his current rating or changes taking forever to be processed in every setup

hart' date=' aguero or dzeko didnt rise?

rooney didnt rise?

ba didnt rise?

ronney didnt rise?

modric went up one...

nani went up one...

theres two many to list, the soccerwiki has been VERY POOR this rating change! slow, bugged, and theyve done poor rating changes, a downer on soccer manager should review the change.[/quote']

Why should Rooney rise?

David De Gea according to the opta stats, has the best shots/saves ratio in the league. This is despite having the most shots at him in the league and the result is manchester united conceding the second least goals in the league to only liverpool. He's played almost every game for united, why is he still 89? this is very low for manchester united!

I could go on about other changes or non changes i have problems with but my post will get rediculous.

I have to say this is the poorest changes soccermanger has ever done. Its also very poor you get no notification of changes anymore. This soccerwiki must be the most terrible idea ever, its destroyed everything!

The whole set of ratings are just astonishing to be honest. I just cannot get over Modric rising. Why? because he was linked with a move to Chelsea? because it certainly cannot be based on form.

Cant believe some of these ratings. I'm outraged at them and I know its just a game but believe me im passionate about SM. I mean I wouldnt mind if some of the knowledgable forumers did the ratings cause SM is a joke with them.

Something just popped into my head, now i know it may take longer to organise but if SM got some of us on board to help out it would be easy to do...

Obviously theres some ratings that are obvious like Silva, Kompany, Messi to 99 etc etc. But with some of the difficult ones (not Modric, thats just stupid) but some of the more interesting ones like Soldado/Podolski etc, why not hold a vote to see what rating members of the 'community' believe they should be.

A simple poll in a new ratings section of the forum, lasting 24 hours.

Alternatively, have a group of about 10 experienced forumers submit their ratings for each country and then the most common answer is the change that happens.

Biased or not, some of the ratings on Chelsea are just wrong. How on earth has Ramires not gone up to 92? Sturridge to 89 only? and Modric has risen to 93? SM really need to check some things and take their time with ratings, going to ruin the game at this rate. Too much bias from the people who are changing it, probably.

Biased or not' date=' some of the ratings on Chelsea are just wrong. How on earth has Ramires not gone up to 92? Sturridge to 89 only? and Modric has risen to 93? SM really need to check some things and take their time with ratings, going to ruin the game at this rate. Too much bias from the people who are changing it, probably.[/quote']

Anyone suggesting Sturridge should have gone higher than 89 has no comprehension of how the rating system works. Ramires had a great chance of 92, but didn't get it. If he is consistent, he will certainly get it next time.

Tell me how he deserves it exactly?

Modric is a quality player, he is consistent, he oozes class which is why I suspect Chelsea were so desperate to sign him. He plays for a Spurs side that are currently 3rd, and challenging for the title. Spurs have obviously gone up in SM's book, as Bale finally got his rise too.

I agree many of the changes/lack of are appauling, but not Modric, and certainly not Sturridge.

Unfair not to give Song +1 imo. He is one of the best DM in the league. Also think Szczesny shouldve got 89, and I'm not being biased when I say it. Nobody would've argued with that. Hes been playing in the CL for a long time now and with Arsenal.

As for the likes of Nani and others who you think shouldnt have increased, there was once a time where they shouldve increased. I think it makes up for that but there are some others like Hart in the EPL and Saldado in the La Liga that shouldve increased.

Modric is a quality player' date=' he is consistent, he oozes class which is why I suspect Chelsea were so desperate to sign him. He plays for a Spurs side that are currently 3rd, and challenging for the title. Spurs have obviously gone up in SM's book, as Bale finally got his rise too.

I agree many of the changes/lack of are appauling, but not Modric, and certainly not Sturridge.[/quote']

I agree Sturridge deserved his rise but theres not a cat in hells chance that Modric did. You're on your own on this one i think.

He hasn't performed particularly well all season, enough so that most of the pundits have picked up on it to.

Having said all that, i've just had a look at all midfielders and he's probably on a par with all the players around him. I mean he's better than Carrick and he kept his 92. He's on a par with Nasri i suppose so, huh, maybe you're right in terms of quality. I don't think he's deserved it on form though.

Didn't see Evra getting a -1 :s

Evra has been rubbish for ages. I was saying he'd drop and everyone on the forum was saying no' date=' but they clearly don't watch United.

hart, aguero or dzeko didnt rise?

rooney didnt rise?

modric went up one...

nani went up one...

Why would Aguero rise? He's really high already, they're not going to put him up again based on half a season.

Dzeko didn't rise because he's a benchwarmer.

Rooney was only good for about the first 5-10 games.

Modric has been pulling the strings at Spurs for years, and look how well they've been doing. Still, surprised he went up I suppose.

Nani has been United's best player.

Surprised Ramires, Hart & Lescott didn't rise, but I don't have any of them so I don't care!

Only personal disappointments were no RB for Smalling and no Def for Jones.