English Ratings Review

KopStar

Re: English Ratings Review

Arsenal have been pretty bad for large parts of this season though' date=' if any of the Arsenal defensive lot (barring the kids) had got a rise it would have surprised me.[/quote']

I wouldnt say large parts because it was only at the start when the squad was a mess but the come back has been amazing and Song has been crucial part of that. Lost 1 in the last 10, before that it was appalling. CL group stages for us was also amazing too. Also not far off getting back into 4th and 3rd is possible at this stage. SM should take consideration and see the league is more competitive now so it not be odd to see teams drop to 5th like us but like I said the comeback is amazing so far for us.

Cech' date=' John terry, -1

What are they basing these ratings on[/quote']

That until about 4 games ago Chelsea were terrible and that Terry was getting skinned by everyone...

EDIT: Don't forget Kompany, arguably the best CB in the league is 93. Terry couldn't possibly be higher.

Premier League Team of the Season so far

Tim Krul

Micah Richards - Ledley King - Thomas Vermaelen - Jose Enrique

Scott Parker - Lucas

Sergio Aguero - Wayne Rooney - David Silva

Robin van Persie

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/24/2815591/goalcoms-premier-league-team-of-the-season-so-far-robin-van

Pretty accurate.... Liverpool shaky when Lucas gone, Arsenal solid when Vermaelen back. The rest are not bad. Just thought Kompany might have a place there.

Other names worth mentioning: Yaya, Suarez, Sturridge, Ba, Mata, Hart, Song... ok that's a lot of fine performers lol.

Anyone suggesting Sturridge should have gone higher than 89 has no comprehension of how the rating system works. Ramires had a great chance of 92' date=' but didn't get it. If he is consistent, he will certainly get it next time.

Modric is a quality player, he is consistent, he oozes class which is why I suspect Chelsea were so desperate to sign him. He plays for a Spurs side that are currently 3rd, and challenging for the title. Spurs have obviously gone up in SM's book, as Bale finally got his rise too.

I agree many of the changes/lack of are appauling, but not Modric, and certainly not Sturridge.[/quote']

This has nothing to do with comprehension. We obviously don't know how it works. As for Ramires, he has been consistent throughout this year so if that's your reason, then it's poor. The same can be said for Ramires as was said for Modric. Ramires is playing for a team who challenge for the title every year meaning if the reason for the rise was Tottenham themselves then again, that's poor.

This has nothing to do with comprehension. We obviously don't know how it works. As for Ramires' date=' he has been consistent throughout this year so if that's your reason, then it's poor. The same can be said for Ramires as was said for Modric. Ramires is playing for a team who challenge for the title every year meaning if the reason for the rise was Tottenham themselves then again, that's poor.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, I believe Ramires should have risen. From my point of view Modric deserved a rise, and got one. Ramires had a good chance of a rise, better than Modric, but didn't rise.

If he is consistent he will rise next time. You can't say Modric didn't deserve a rise, look at his team, his quality, and the players that are rated similarly to him.

There are lots of cases (too many) where players deserve a rise but don't get them. If they are consistent, they get them in the end.

How didnt Ashley Young rise :eek:

Was a bit surprised Terry dropped tbh.

biggest surprise for me is Hernandez didn't rise!

Also Cech dropped in rating - what is that about? Prob the best and most consistent keeper in the Premier League

I didnt think Hernandez would rise anyway' date=' He got that injury and Welbeck seems to be ahead of him now.

Im honestly laughing at some of the predictions!

Hart stays 91?

The best keeper in the Premier League this season and last, If not he is on par with Reina. He should have got a +1 at least, the saves he pulls off are phenomenal, great player for City.

Rant over :)

Im shocked Hart didnt rise, Really expected him to, thought he was a 'Certain riser' I have thought it may be due to the fact That City hadnt kept a clean sheet in the last 8 Games before their recent game or two, But then again Kompany and Lescott rised so I dont no if it can be that or not.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I believe Ramires should have risen. From my point of view Modric deserved a rise, and got one. Ramires had a good chance of a rise, better than Modric, but didn't rise.

If he is consistent he will rise next time. You can't say Modric didn't deserve a rise, look at his team, his quality, [b']and the players that are rated similarly to him.[/b]

There are lots of cases (too many) where players deserve a rise but don't get them. If they are consistent, they get them in the end.

This is what has persuaded me on Modric, when you consider the ratings of players around him, especially Nasri who has been poor for City and Carrick keeping his 92 then a 93 for Modric is probably fair.

Second point, yup you're right. Just look at Messi, it took him about 3 seasons longer than it should have for him to get his 99 but he got it in the end.

David De Gea according to the opta stats' date=' has the best shots/saves ratio in the league. This is despite having the most shots at him in the league and the result is manchester united conceding the second least goals in the league to only liverpool. He's played almost every game for united, why is he still 89? this is very low for manchester united![/quote']

That's simply criminal if he stays 89... And why does it say +1 for Cleverley and he is still 86. I saw few more players with that bug :confused:

How didnt Ashley Young rise :eek:

Was a bit surprised Terry dropped tbh.

I didnt think Hernandez would rise anyway' date=' He got that injury and Welbeck seems to be ahead of him now.

Im shocked Hart didnt rise, Really expected him to, thought he was a 'Certain riser' I have thought it may be due to the fact That City hadnt kept a clean sheet in the last 8 Games before their recent game or two, [b']But then again Kompany and Lescott rised so I dont no if it can be that or not[/b].

Lescott didnt rise and if they see clean sheets on GK then Ter stegen who has conceded only 1 goal less than Neuer should be 90 at least

but lots more players will be risen using that logic.. hahahha. doesn't matter anyway.

What logic? Are you taking into consideration Spurs' position in the league, their CL performances last season, the fact that Modric is a top quality player?

I never mentioned the logic I was basing it on, but if Carrick, De Jong are rated 92, then Modric HAS to be 93!

Brings me nicely on to my next point. How are De Jong and Carrick rated higher than Barry?

Don't get me wrong' date=' I believe Ramires should have risen. From my point of view Modric deserved a rise, and got one. Ramires had a good chance of a rise, better than Modric, but didn't rise.

If he is consistent he will rise next time. You can't say Modric didn't deserve a rise, look at his team, his quality, and the players that are rated similarly to him.

There are lots of cases (too many) where players deserve a rise but don't get them. If they are consistent, they get them in the end.[/quote']

But he has been consistent and has by far been one of Chelsea's best players this year. Modric is a good player yes, and if he deserved that rise, why didn't Ramires? It's not fair to give Modric everything because he's the focus of Tottenham. Adapting to English football is difficult, but you cant question the ways in which Ramires has done it.

''the players that are rated similarly to him.'' -now look at some of the players rated above Ramires. Either you are very wrong in admitting Modric deserved his rise or SM have made a mess of things, it's that simple.

What logic? Are you taking into consideration Spurs' position in the league' date=' their CL performances last season, the fact that Modric is a top quality player?

I never mentioned the logic I was basing it on, but if Carrick, De Jong are rated 92, then Modric HAS to be 93!

Brings me nicely on to my next point. How are De Jong and Carrick rated higher than Barry?[/quote']

you think too much... the logic is simply player vs player. open ur eyes and read ur post again.

you think too much... the logic is simply player vs player. open ur eyes and read ur post again.

Maybe you should offer a little more to your posts rather than pointless one liners that offer no real input...

It's not as simple as player v player, that's not how it works on here.

If it were that simple then Gotze would be rated 95 already

You have to take into account ALL other factors. National team, league coefficient, trophies, league position etc...

I actually think the ratings have been very, very poor. It has been ruined by the Soccer Wiki thing. My 10 rants are:

1. How has Modric gone up to 93, when he has done nothing this season, compared to last year?

2. How is Hernandez and De Gea not 90+ rated when they play for England's most successful team on a regular basis? Hernandez is brilliant and deserves at least to be rated 91. De Gea should be at least rated 90.

3. Hart is one of the best goalkeepers in the Prem. How is he not rated 92 or above to reflect that?

4. How has Demba Ba not risen? He is on fire. Deserves to be 89.

5. How can Dan Sturridge be a worse player than Anelka based on the ratings, considering Anelka hardly played for Chelsea and Sturridge is currently Chelsea's best player by a mile? Sturridge should be at least 90.

6. Lescott is a regular CB for the league leaders, so how is he not rated 90+?

7. How has Ashley Young not gone up to at least 91? He is one of Man U's best players, along with Rooney, Vidic and Nani.

8. Shay Given is one of the best goalkeepers in the Prem, so why has he gone down to 88? Should have stayed at 89.

9. How can Tevez be rated better than the likes of Hernandez, when he hasn't played at all for City since that Bayern row? Should have dropped by more, -2 at least to 92.

10. Why hasn't Szczesny gone up by more, considering his good form? Should be rated at least 89, because he is better than the likes of other GK's rated 89, like Schwarzer, and Jasskelainen (rated 88) is not as good as him at the min for example.

These questions need answers. Well, at least Oxlade-Chamberlain went up by 13 to 83, and I bought him for just 10k!

Maybe you should offer a little more to your posts rather than pointless one liners that offer no real input...

It's not as simple as player v player' date=' that's not how it works on here.

If it were that simple then Gotze would be rated 95 already

You have to take into account ALL other factors. National team, league coefficient, trophies, league position etc...[/quote']

There was input in what he said - and he is right. How can you say Modric has to rise to 93 because some players are closely rated that don't really need to be. That's not how SM should work.

That aside, what do you mean on here? All those factors don't play much of a part, if they did, things would change everyday.

I actually think the ratings have been very' date=' very poor. It has been ruined by the Soccer Wiki thing. My 10 rants are:

1. How has Modric gone up to 93, when he has done nothing this season, compared to last year? - [b']Spurs current league form and position?[/b]

2. How is Hernandez and De Gea not 90+ rated when they play for England's most successful team on a regular basis? Hernandez is brilliant and deserves at least to be rated 91. De Gea should be at least rated 90. -I dont think Hernandez deserves to be rated any higher than he is at present. De Gea, yes he possibly should have risen by 1

3. Hart is one of the best goalkeepers in the Prem. How is he not rated 92 or above to reflect that? - Agreed

4. How has Demba Ba not risen? He is on fire. Deserves to be 89. - Has had a good start to the season that's all. Let's see if that form continues before he is considered for a rise

5. How can Dan Sturridge be a worse player than Anelka based on the ratings, considering Anelka hardly played for Chelsea and Sturridge is currently Chelsea's best player by a mile? Sturridge should be at least 90 - because Sturridge has not achieved anything in the game. The ratings aren't based on a 6 month period.

6. Lescott is a regular CB for the league leaders, so how is he not rated 90+? - Agreed, should be rated 90 by now

7. How has Ashley Young not gone up to at least 91? He is one of Man U's best players, along with Rooney, Vidic and Nani - Young has been awful for Utd, started well but done nothing since the first couple of games.

8. Shay Given is one of the best goalkeepers in the Prem, so why has he gone down to 88? Should have stayed at 89.

9. How can Tevez be rated better than the likes of Hernandez, when he hasn't played at all for City since that Bayern row? Should have dropped by more, -2 at least to 92 - Because Tevez is a far better player than Hernandez ever will be. Tevez was arguably City's best player last season, he's not lost his ability....just not in the team due to his refusal to play. Hernandez is out of the team due to Fergie preferring Welbeck at present

10. Why hasn't Szczesny gone up by more, considering his good form? Should be rated at least 89, because he is better than the likes of other GK's rated 89, like Schwarzer, and Jasskelainen (rated 88) is not as good as him at the min for example - Agreed, I'd expected a rise to 89

These questions need answers. Well, at least Oxlade-Chamberlain went up by 13 to 83, and I bought him for just 10k!

My thoughts are above....

There was input in what he said - and he is right. How can you say Modric has to rise to 93 because some players are closely rated that don't really need to be. That's not how SM should work.

That aside' date=' what do you mean on here? All those factors don't play much of a part, if they did, things would change everyday[/b'].

Of course they play a part, they all play a big part in ratings.

Well SM don't review the leagues every day!!!

Do your research fella!

My thoughts are above....

5. Sturridge is Chelsea's best player, and Anelka has moved to Shanghi, so how can Anelka be rated 90 and Sturridge 89? Doesn't make sense.

7. Young IS playing well for club and country, and should be rated better than 90. 91 at least.

9. Hernandez will go on to be better than Tevez I am sure.