English Ratings Review

KopStar

Re: English Ratings Review

Im starting to think that SM are taking CL over league position now or they arent taking league position into account at all anymore because De Gea shouldve increased, he has had a decent amount of clean sheets and could argue about Evra's drop. Also the only difference between Cole and Evra now is that Cole is playing CL football but Evra is with Utd who are higher in the league and he has started every game. I dont know what to think about them now and what they are basing things on.

Oh yeh also

Evra clean sheets 9

Cole clean sheets 4

but I will mention that Cole has been good attacking wise

5. Sturridge is Chelsea's best player' date=' and Anelka has moved to Shanghi, so how can Anelka be rated 90 and Sturridge 89? Doesn't make sense.

7. Young IS playing well for club and country, and should be rated better than 90. 91 at least.

9. Hernandez will go on to be better than Tevez I am sure.[/quote']

The rises don't all happen in one big jump They are gradual, relying on consistency. Sturridge is playing at a level higher than 90, yes, but SM rarely, if ever, rise a player from 87 to 90 in one go. They also don't drop players in one go either, usually in small drops of 1 or 2, even if a player is playing far below his rating in real life.

Young started the season immense, he has been average at best for us currently. 91 isn't deserved atm.

Hernandez is amazing at what he does, but his all-round play is far below others. He will peak at 92 on SM, if he reaches that.

Of course they play a part' date=' they all play a big part in ratings.

Well SM don't review the leagues every day!!!

Do your research fella![/quote']

They do, but not as big as you think lad. For example, one who doesn't play regularly for a team like United won't get a rise just because they are second. So again, performance plays the final and biggest part. Tottenham are slack and inconsistent, will run out of steam by March. This is the first year you are actually taking them seriously, shouldn't give rises to their players if you are not going to give others theirs.

The rises don't all happen in one big jump They are gradual' date=' relying on consistency. [b']Sturridge is playing at a level higher than 90[/b], yes, but SM rarely, if ever, rise a player from 87 to 90 in one go. They also don't drop players in one go either, usually in small drops of 1 or 2, even if a player is playing far below his rating in real life.

Young started the season immense, he has been average at best for us currently. 91 isn't deserved atm.

Hernandez is amazing at what he does, but his all-round play is far below others. He will peak at 92 on SM, if he reaches that.

Exactly my point. So why doesn't his rating reflect that? Surely SM can realise that he is Chelsea's best player atm and make him a 90? Gotze was similar, where he was stuck on 89, and should have gone up quicker to 91 than he did, considering he was a full German international.

Young started well for Man U, and is doing well for England. 91 should happen next time, in my opinion. I agree that he has dropped his level lately, so I'll drop that one.

Hernandez is lethal- He still has a lot to learn, but at 23, he has plenty of time to do that, and he's pretty good now. He is better than Anelka, who is also rated 90, so his rating should relfect that. He should be 91 at least. I wouldn't be suprised if in 5-10 years time, he becomes the best striker in the world. That is if you class Ronaldo and Messi as midfielders, and Rooney and RVP will be in their 30's, and perhaps not as good.

They do' date=' but not as big as you think lad. For example, one who doesn't play regularly for a team like United won't get a rise just because they are second. So again, [b']performance plays the final and biggest part. [/b]

Lies ;). Starts/minutes, goals/assists/clean sheets, Club/league are all considered above actual performance.

Tottenham are slack and inconsistent' date=' will run out of steam by March. This is the first year you are actually taking them seriously, shouldn't give rises to their players if you are not going to give others theirs.[/quote']

Were they not being taken seriously in the CL? They may run out of steam, they may not. None of that has any relevance. All we do know is that Spurs are 3rd, 2 points ahead of fourth, with a game in hand.

Lies ;). Starts/minutes' date=' goals/[b']assists[/b]/clean sheets, Club/league are all considered above actual performance.

Shame Modric only has 4 of those from last season in all EPL games. He is a good midfielder but everybody looks at those for center midfielders/attacking midfielders.

Exactly my point. So why doesn't his rating reflect that? Surely SM can realise that he is Chelsea's best player atm and make him a 90? Gotze was similar' date=' where he was stuck on 89, and should have gone up quicker to 91 than he did, considering he was a full German international.

Hernandez is lethal- He still has a lot to learn, but at 23, he has plenty of time to do that, and he's pretty good now. He is better than Anelka, who is also rated 90, so his rating should relfect that. He should be 91 at least. I wouldn't be suprised if in 5-10 years time, he becomes the best striker in the world. That is if you class Ronaldo and Messi as midfielders, and Rooney and RVP will be in their 30's, and perhaps not as good.[/quote']

My previous post to you goes some way to address that.

Hernandez's all round game is lacking in some areas. His movement, finishing and pace are all world class. Welbeck is picked over him because Hernandez excels at coming on, and getting a goal. Hernandez will never be the best in the world, even I can see that much.

Lies ;). Starts/minutes' date=' goals/assists/clean sheets, Club/league are all considered above actual performance.

[/b']

Were they not being taken seriously in the CL? They may run out of steam, they may not. None of that has any relevance. All we do know is that Spurs are 3rd, 2 points ahead of fourth, with a game in hand.

I wouldn't bother Salty....he's not willing to listen :)

My previous post to you goes some way to address that.

Hernandez's all round game is lacking in some areas. His movement' date=' finishing and pace are all world class. [b']Welbeck is picked over him because Hernandez excels at coming on, and getting a goal.[/b] Hernandez will never be the best in the world, even I can see that much.

Hernandez has been injured, hence why Welbeck has been starting lately. And we'll see about Hernandez becoming the best striker in the world.

Hernandez has been injured. And we'll see about Hernandez becoming the best striker in the world.

Hernandez does not posses the ability required to become the best striker in the world. The game has evolved drastically over the last 5-10 years and teams no longer want goal poachers. Being a top striker, they are now required to do much more than just score goals.

Hernandez offers nothing more than goals, his touch and passing is poor and he does't link play that well.

Hernandez does not posses the ability required to become the best striker in the world. The game has evolved drastically over the last 5-10 years and teams no longer want goal poachers. Being a top striker' date=' they are now required to do much more than just score goals.

Hernandez offers nothing more than goals, his touch and passing is poor and he does't link play that well.[/quote']

Rooney and Hernandez is a lethal link. Rooney holds the ball up and scores for fun, while Hernandez plays off him and makes run in behind defences and scores plenty of goals. So, he can link up well! He'll peak when he's 28/29, when RVP and Rooney are in their 30's, so he may become the best striker in the world at some stage. I'd class Ronaldo and Messi as midfielders and not forwards.

I am new to this so I'm not sure how this rating change compares to previous ones.

Demba Ba went up from 88-89 although I reckon he deserves to be a 90.

Grant Holt went from 84-85 I believe (doesn't say on his profile yet though..). I think he was definitely due to go up at least 2 considering how well he has been playing after moving up to the premiership..

Edit: Bit disappointed Mason Bennett (15 yr old 75) didn't go up. He hasn't played much for Derby but still...maybe deserves to be 78'ish.

I am new to this so I'm not sure how this rating change compares to previous ones.

Demba Ba went up from 88-89 although I reckon he deserves to be a 90.

Grant Holt went from 84-85 I believe (doesn't say on his profile yet though..). I think he was definitely due to go up at least 2 considering how well he has been playing after moving up to the premiership..

Edit: Bit disappointed Mason Bennett (15 yr old 75) didn't go up. He hasn't played much for Derby but still...maybe deserves to be 78'ish.

Newsflash' date=' he is still 88! Pathetic I know. For some reason on soccerwiki he is 89 but not on SM... [/color']

M5. How can Dan Sturridge be a worse player than Anelka based on the ratings' date=' considering Anelka hardly played for Chelsea and Sturridge is currently Chelsea's best player by a mile? Sturridge should be at least 90 - [b']because Sturridge has not achieved anything in the game. The ratings aren't based on a 6 month period. [/b]

6 months? Did you not see Sturridge at Bolton? Sturridge has the 4th highest goals in the 2011 calendar year, only behind RvP, Rooney and Ba. However, I think Sturridge is fine at 89 for now, he'll rise soon enough.

Im starting to think that SM are taking CL over league position now or they arent taking league position into account at all anymore because De Gea shouldve increased' date=' he has had a decent amount of clean sheets and could argue about Evra's drop. Also the only difference between Cole and Evra now is that Cole is playing CL football but Evra is with Utd who are higher in the league and he has started every game. I dont know what to think about them now and what they are basing things on.

Oh yeh also

Evra clean sheets 9

Cole clean sheets 4

but I will mention that Cole has been good attacking wise[/b']

As I said earlier, if you watch United on a regular basis you'll see that Evra has been VERY poor, ever since the World Cup imploded for the French. Evra is lucky to be as high as 93, and he might not start every game if United had no injuries at LB.

How didnt Ashley Young rise :eek:

Been rubbish after 6-7 games.

6 months? Did you not see Sturridge at Bolton? Sturridge has the 4th highest goals in the 2011 calendar year' date=' only behind RvP, Rooney and Ba.[/b'] However, I think Sturridge is fine at 89 for now, he'll rise soon enough.

You sure about that? I'd like to see these proof of these stats you're claiming to be facts...

I'd be very surprised if this were true as he's only scored 17 league goals since the start of last season. That said, he's still not achieved anything in my opinion and his current rating is more than enough...

As I said earlier' date=' if you watch United on a regular basis you'll see that Evra has been VERY poor, ever since the World Cup imploded for the French. Evra is lucky to be as high as 93, and he might not start every game if United had no injuries at LB.[/quote']

And thats why I said that they might not be taking league position/team performances into consideration anymore or might be taking CL more serious now when it comes to ratings. In the last review anybody wouldve said Evra would stay cause Utd was first in the league.

You sure about that? I'd like to see these proof of these stats you're claiming to be facts...

I'd be very surprised if this were true as he's only scored 17 league goals since the start of last season. That said' date=' he's still not achieved anything in my opinion and his current rating is more than enough...[/quote']

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078162/Daniel-Sturridge-wants-Chelsea-title.html

"Only three players have scored more Barclays Premier League goals in 2011 - Van Persie (34), Wayne Rooney (23) and Demba Ba (20)."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078162/Daniel-Sturridge-wants-Chelsea-title.html

"Only three players have scored more Barclays Premier League goals in 2011 - Van Persie (34)' date=' Wayne Rooney (23) and Demba Ba (20)."[/quote']

Now that is a surprise, although slightly distorted by the fact that Tevez isn't playing, Berba has been dropped, Hernandez injured and Aguero has only this seasons goals to go by.

It'll be more interesting to see how many goals he's scored come the end of the season. No doubting his ability though, just what Chelsea need to revive their strike force.