Youth Vs Experience

I've been offered Ricardo Carvalho for Simon Kjaer but i just wanted to see other people's opinions on this. On the surface it seems quite good for me to get a 93 for a 90 but is it really as good as it seems? Carvalho's age obviously counts against him and I guess now he will only ever drop in rating, Kjaer is young but hi form at the moment tend to suggest he won't be rising any time soon, but he has the potential I guess. What do people think?

All help is much apprciated.

Re: Youth Vs Experience

I've been offered Ricardo Carvalho for Simon Kjaer but i just wanted to see other people's opinions on this. On the surface it seems quite good for me to get a 93 for a 90 but is it really as good as it seems? Carvalho's age obviously counts against him and I guess now he will only ever drop in rating' date=' Kjaer is young but hi form at the moment tend to suggest he won't be rising any time soon, but he has the potential I guess. What do people think?

All help is much apprciated.[/quote']

I think I would do it, Carvalho is safe for now at 93, even 92 if he drops, will take Kjaer a good while to reach 92-93, if he ever does, lots of players hit 90 and it's very hard to increase beyond that and Kjaer could be one of those players, I never bother buying him in any of my teams

Re: Youth Vs Experience

I've been offered Ricardo Carvalho for Simon Kjaer but i just wanted to see other people's opinions on this. On the surface it seems quite good for me to get a 93 for a 90 but is it really as good as it seems? Carvalho's age obviously counts against him and I guess now he will only ever drop in rating' date=' Kjaer is young but hi form at the moment tend to suggest he won't be rising any time soon, but he has the potential I guess. What do people think?

All help is much apprciated.[/quote']

Depends on what you are basing the deal on? Do you prefer to keep youngsters due to them keeping a higher transfer value or would you prefer a 30+ year old with a higher rating but a valuation that is on the decline?

You can make the deal with the assumption that Carvalho is likely to drop to 92 at some point as I believe that Mourinho will persist with the centre back pairing of Ramos and Pepe. Carvalho will still get games but I doubt he's going to be first choice as he was last season. I think Madrid are already looking to replace him with the likes of Dede of Vasco.

I'd ask for Carvalho and cash, aim high and negotiate :)