Player wages = Disgrace!!

The wages that the SoccerManager players are getting is a total disgrace. 70 rated players getting just under £8000 a week when in real life you would be lucky if most of them got a tenth of that! It is completely unfair and means teams with a tight budget or small stadium have nearly an impossible task of improving their stature!!

My suggestion is this:

A players wages is judged on their rating, and their position at the club. Like for example if they are a key player with a good rating and play every game, they get good wages. But if its a young player with a 70 rating that sits in the youth team, they should get small apprentice wages just like in real life. I mean I cant believe they are trying to make the game realistic but are paying there youngsters thousands every turn!!

Re: Player wages = Disgrace!!

;1864933']The wages that the SoccerManager players are getting is a total disgrace. 70 rated players getting just under £8000 a week when in real life you would be lucky if most of them got a tenth of that! It is completely unfair and means teams with a tight budget or small stadium have nearly an impossible task of improving their stature!!

My suggestion is this:

A players wages is judged on their rating' date=' and their position at the club. Like for example if they are a key player with a good rating and play every game, they get good wages. But if its a young player with a 70 rating that sits in the youth team, they should get small apprentice wages just like in real life. I mean I cant believe they are trying to make the game realistic but are paying there youngsters thousands every turn!![/quote']

agree with u................70 players has 3k wage where is reality in that,and most of them u cant even release cause chairman thinks they are to much valuable:mad:

Maybe they are using Arsenals youth wage structure?;)

Well they should take your league position and Division and calibre into account aswell when deciding the wages. Im Luton Town in Division 4 of an English Championship and I have players rated around 70 and getting 7835 a turn!! How is that fair?

Have to admit I do find it a bit mad that a 75 rated player in the game who I actually know for a fact is on 1k a week in real life has wages of around 8k in game.

The average wage for an N-Power Championship player is 4k a week according to a certain board member who I won't name. The 'average' N-Power Championship player in game is on 11/12k.

Have to admit I do find it a bit mad that a 75 rated player in the game who I actually know for a fact is on 1k a week in real life has wages of around 8k in game.

The average wage for an N-Power Championship player is 4k a week according to a certain board member who I won't name. The 'average' N-Power Championship player in game is on 11/12k.

The scottish leagues are worse! I know Scott Allan of Dundee United and he only gets 1000 a week yet gets 8000 on this.

yeah. but the top players like pique' date=' he only gets 80k.. they get much more in real life...[/quote']

Precisely. The top wages on SM are just over 100kpw. If the bottom level gets lowered then the top end of the scale should rise too and that would get many more complaints if players suddenly wanted another 100kpw on top of their already big wages.

;1865165']Thats true' date=' they should change the wages so that everyone has realistic wages. It doesnt defeat the fact that the youngsters are getting tenfold what they should in this game!![/quote']

I'd much rather pay a kid an extra couple of thousand than pay my top stars another hundred thousand each.

Precisely. The top wages on SM are just over 100kpw. If the bottom level gets lowered then the top end of the scale should rise too and that would get many more complaints if players suddenly wanted another 100kpw on top of their already big wages.

I'd much rather pay a kid an extra couple of thousand than pay my top stars another hundred thousand each.

let them pay,if u cant pay yours stars let them go--or they req transfer just like in real life/Nasri/Aguero/Neuer/ ring any bells/wages ,trophies all should matter/plus it would prevent unrealistic squads/hogging etc with concerns manager really should be excellent to keep all his stars happy/that would be activated transfer market/and people wouldnt wait 3 season to sell player /for some extreme deal that they are waiting/and maybe finally would kill stupid pe deals

If thats the case then you have failed your task of making this game realistic. I prefer the opposite of you. At least paying a top player 150k a week will be worth it because they will ACTUALLY BE PLAYING.

SM has a great scout system on this forum that cant be put to its full use because the wages of these youngsters complete CRIPPLE your team.

It's all good and well saying that players playing in less well known leagues earn less but then if we work on that structure and apply it to this game then, if player x moves from a team in (for example) San Marino to a PL side in real life, even if he never plays he'll automatically want a higher wage which will destroy smaller sides who aspire to compete with sides with larger stadia.

In terms of lower wages being lowered further and higher wages being risen I don't agree.

I reckon the best thing to do is a wage should depend on a person's wage and what division they play in in the game world. But that'd complicate the system too much so I don't think it'll work.

;1866046']If thats the case then you have failed your task of making this game realistic. I prefer the opposite of you. At least paying a top player 150k a week will be worth it because they will ACTUALLY BE PLAYING.

SM has a great scout system on this forum that cant be put to its full use because the wages of these youngsters complete CRIPPLE your team.

Thus reducing player hogging :0

If you want the game to be more realistic, you shouldn't only raise the star wages and lower the lowest wages, but also create a better negotiation system when it comes to a new contract. Because what if a player does love his club and doesn't mind playing for a lower wage because the club can't afford the huges wages (Spurs or Arsenal?), of course not every player thinks like that so that's impossible.

Next to that it should also be easier for clubs to find new ways to make more money because if you don't, the higher wages for star players will make sure only the top clubs will be top clubs and smaller clubs will not be able to compete financially making the situation actually worse than it is now. Smaller clubs would be able to have more low rated players and build a more competitive squad, yes. But in the mean time the higher star player wages would simply kill their chances to move up in the rankings as the game doesn't provide a sufficient way to gain more money imo.

So no matter what you do, it doesn't really change anything except smaller clubs being able to have more low rated players, but in the end that's not the ultimate goal right? :rolleyes:

Archived