'New' Match engine anytime soon??

Re: 'New' Match engine anytime soon??

The SM match Engine Was "changed" couple months ago.. u dient notice?

If ur wondering about tha stupit 2d yoke' date=' then i don't know what stage that is at at all.. or if its even still in the pipeline.[/quote']

No i didnt notice, its still .......awful!! :(

the 2d joke??

Whats awfull about it?

you can't garuntee your self a victory but theirs noting wrong with a game like that, most people that complain about the engine do so for imo stupit reasons..

SM try make the best engine they can, thats good enough for me, of course i would hope that as time goes bye it improves more and more.

its awful' date=' some of the score lines are just silly, it don't seem to take in tactics at all and play 3-5-2 almost means a win, How may teams play 3-5-2 nowadays in real life! Eh not alot!:rolleyes:[/quote']

despite they said it is changed i didnt see,and with 352 best formation its ridicolous in real life Udinese only use it as far as i know with mediocre succes,i think it s still same,they didnt change thing still cripled and nmf teams wining,i know in real life there is some suprises but teams are fully fit and prepared with best squads possible

despite they said it is changed i didnt see' date='and with 352 best formation its ridicolous in real life Udinese only use it as far as i know with mediocre succes,i think it s still same,they didnt change thing still cripled and nmf teams wining,i know in real life there is some suprises but teams are fully fit and prepared with best squads possible[/quote']

Yes the 3-5-2 thing really annoys me TBH they should do something about it, but i doubt they ever will:rolleyes:

Ders a good few formations/alternatives to playing against 3-5-2.. its not true when you say 3-5-2 is some sort of winning all the time formation, simply not true..

3-4-3 is pretty usefull against it, ive seen a couple people try that foramtion recently

other formations might give you more advantage or less advantage depending on the formation you choose and its permatations...

Ders a good few formations/alternatives to playing against 3-5-2.. its not true when you say 3-5-2 is some sort of winning all the time formation' date=' simply not true..

3-4-3 is pretty usefull against it, ive seen a couple people try that foramtion recently

other formations might give you more advantage or less advantage depending on the formation you choose and its permatations...[/quote']

343 was succesfull before against 352 i use it but still people just put 352 and wining half empty leagues its boring and unreal

the match engine should be the main part of this game, but it isnt! there are too many FREAK RESULTS which arent realistic! but i can only assume that they are more interested in doing rating changes/more gcs! well i suppose we pay to play this game so we shouldnt expect too much!!!!

In contrary to some suggestions, I don't think a new engine is out yet. There may be some tweaks done to the current one over the last few weeks, or so I thought.

If there is something major, especially like a match engine, they will make an official announcement about it and the changes/improvements they made.

I believe the new engine is still being developed because I'd like to see it incorporate a few other key elements of the game.

Below is a suggestion about improvements for the game engine I made about 1 month ago, SM reply was that they're still working on the proposed changes, i.e. match engine etc.

Since we're at the same topic' date=' I'll post my suggestions here and hopefully SM uses this thread as a guide for its new and upcoming [b']Match Engine[/b].

I don't know how exactly the new engine will work but I feel a good distribution will be something like:

60% player stats + conditions

30% tactics + instructions

10% morale + luck + home advantage + weather

Quick explanations:

- Player stats and conditions are the most important factor of any game anywhere, thus ~60%.

- Tactics and instructions are important, but most of the times it only get you so far as to about 30%.

- Player morale is part of the performance, if a team is on a losing streak, the low morale will affect the entire team. Weather, luck and home advantage is part of the game too. Overall, I find 10% a fair number.

I think the current engine is too simple. Thus, the results generated probably depended on only 2 variables, counter tactics & player/team stat. This may be one of the main reasons for inconsistent results. I'm fine with some randomness in the game, but I think currently like some might describe, dodgy/shock/bizarre/freak.

So here are some of my suggestions regarding Match Engine. Everyone is free to comment and add on more ideas to build a better game.

Suggestions:

Player Fatigue

I personally feel low fatigue should affect a player traumatically. Players with less than 60% condition should perform poorly.

We have a very nice status now called "NMF = not match fit", let it have a bigger impact on the game.

Suggestion: A player with NMF status will perform only 95% of his ability. [e.g. stat 80 player will perform as if he were stat 76 (95% x 80)]. NMF player will also have an increased chance of getting injured in a game.

Star Players

Superstar players. I personally rate them as someone having a stat of 95 or above.

I assume the current match engine works only on team average stat. That is insufficient to depict a contrast for these star players in the game. They are game changers, not just make up the average.

Suggestion: For every stat 95 or above player a team fields, the team will have a +5% chance of winning the game. Cap at 10%.

Player Position, Mentality & Arrows

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what those arrows do and if they are in effect lol. Common sense says it is where the players will move, but I think many gamers do not know if it is even useful or not.

May I suggest to abolish the arrows entirely and implement a more direct and simple drop down selection for each player.

The new FM has too removed the arrows system and introduce a player position system. I think that might be too complex for SM, so I suggest to have a "mentality" option for each position at tactics screen.

Suggestion: 3 different mentality for each position when setting tactics. Offensive/Normal/Defensive. So if your team tactics is very defensive, naturally you will want to have more players or certain positions to be on the defensive. Especially the ambiguous positions like CM/AM/DM. If played correctly, it'll help the team's chances of achieving a desirable result.

Hidden Stats

I find a single number stat is fine in SM. However, I would like the game to have a few distinct hidden stats. It can be simple ratings like A,B,C or more exact numbers. A = Very good. B = Fair. C = Poor.

For example, some players may have high overall stats but they're not as good in taking set piece as some others who are lower.

The three distinct hidden stats I'm in for are:

- Set pieces (FK/CK/PK)

- Captain

- Injury

Suggestion: Introduce hidden stats. If set correctly, it'll help the team in achieving a desirable result.

Primary and Secondary Tactics (P&S tactic)

Every team and managers have their own familiar and preferred tactics. Right now, most teams aim to counter tactics which is acceptable because there are too few other variables in the game. However, this is not very ideal for teams who come out with a solid game plan or who are supposed to be familiar with their tactics if they played it all the time.

If the idea is implemented correctly, it could reduce the necessity for teams changing tactics every now and then as constant twinkling of tactics is not very good in reality too.

Suggestion:

I recommend the addition of Primary & Secondary tactics. For example I can set 4-4-2 as my primary tactic, and 4-5-1 as my secondary tactic.

Teams can set their P&S tactics at the start of the game. Once the tactics are set, it will be in effect for at least 10 turns (example). After 10 turns, managers are free to keep or alter their P&S tactics. Do note that once altered, the new preferred tactics will be in effect for the next 10 turns again.

Managers are still allowed to use other tactics other than their P&S tactics.

Primary tactic: +5% chance of winning, -5% chance of losing.

Secondary tactic: +2% chance of winning, -2% chance of losing.

Conflicting Commands and Tactics

Some tactics are more offensive or defensive than others. So they should work better if played correctly. The same goes to instructions. For example a "Men behind ball" and "very attacking" should not work as well. Sometime it may work, but if it works all the time then something might not be right.

Weather Effect

During a wet weather, a team is more likely to benefit from direct or long gameplay than short passes.

-------------------------------

The numbers and percentage suggested are only a variable, they may be changed for the benefit of the game.

All these suggestions if implemented correctly will help to reduce freak results.

I have a new hidden stat to proposed in addition to the earlier 3 (Set piece/Captain/Injury) I made above.

A hidden stat called "Consistency" with same gradings of A,B,C is ideal.

There are 2 ways this can work:

1. Performance consistency.

Grade A: very consistent at player's rating 8-10 out of 10 times.

Grade B: average at player's rating 5-7 out of 10 times.

Grade C: inconsistent at player's rating less than 5 out of 10 times.

(when the play performs, he'll perform as his rating)

(when the player does not perform, his performance will be -1, e.g. stat 90 player performing as 89 when he's off form)

OR

2. Rating consistency.

Grade A: perform at rating or +1 (e.g. stat 90, @ 90-91)

Grade B: perform at rating only (e.g. stat 90, @ 90)

Grade C: perform at rating or -1 (e.g. stat 90, @ 89-90)

343 was succesfull before against 352 i use it but still people just put 352 and wining half empty leagues its boring and unreal

if SM changed the "best" formation from 3-5-2 {if its even the best} to say 4-2-2-2 then everyone be on here complaining that it should be changed to another...

And maybe people like you would be on here wondering why unmanaged teams keep beating you when you use a certain formation (+ tactics) because you cant find out what the new "best" formation is.

btw 3-5-2 vs 4-5-1 will give you more of an advantage than it used to and 4-3-3 is less effective than it used to be, THIS is SM changing the match engine, It's been done.. in my 5 years playing SM the last maybe 2 years or less has seen what formations and tactics do to each other alter slightly.. and at times quiet a bit..

This is fine just i would say that it is annoying when you realise you must change your approach because you only find out after few bad results things have been altered, so to stay on track best way is to learn quickly what new formation is best for your team.

if SM changed the "best" formation from 3-5-2 {if its even the best} to say 4-2-2-2 then everyone be on here complaining that it should be changed to another...

And maybe people like you would be on here wondering why unmanaged teams keep beating you when you use a certain formation (+ tactics) because you cant find out what the new "best" formation is.

btw 3-5-2 vs 4-5-1 will give you more of an advantage than it used to and 4-3-3 is less effective than it used to be' date=' THIS is SM changing the match engine, It's been done.. in my 5 years playing SM the last maybe 2 years or less has seen what formations and tactics do to each other alter slightly.. and at times quiet a bit..

This is fine just i would say that it is annoying when you realise you must change your approach because you only find out after few bad results things have been altered, so to stay on track best way is to learn quickly what new formation is best for your team.[/quote']

Sorry mate, I hate to disagree with you but I don't think the match engine has been changed significantly since I've been on here. Default tactics (4-4-2 with nothing added) still beats 3-5-2 most of the time - just as it did when I first started playing 5 years ago. Although I never realised this until recently. I just thought it was a case of people being lazy:)

They may have changed some of the descriptions in the match play but it still works(?) pretty much as it always did. My own theory is that there is an algorithm that means you have to change your tactics every 50 or so matches or they cease to be effective. This would make sense, otherwise the highest rated team could always keep the same tactics season after season and always win the league - which would obviously drive people away.

What I personally would like to see is the 2-D gameplay we have been promised for at least a couple of years now. It may not be ideal but it would be an improvement on the kind of random comments we get now, i.e Player booked for timewasting in the first minute or when his team are losing 4-0!

btw 3-5-2 vs 4-5-1 will give you more of an advantage than it used to and 4-3-3 is less effective than it used to be' date=' THIS is SM changing the match engine, It's been done.. in my 5 years playing SM the last maybe 2 years or less has seen what formations and tactics do to each other alter slightly.. and at times quiet a bit..

This is fine just i would say that it is annoying when you realise you must change your approach because you only find out after few bad results things have been altered, so to stay on track best way is to learn quickly what new formation is best for your team.[/quote']

there shouldnt be best formation,every formation should have similar strenght,thats my point,ratings should have bigger impact,indivudual skills,tactic pressure,tackles,tactical traps all should have bigger impact on results,attacking,defensive/not u concede 5 goals when u play defensive or playing attacking and score 1,ok random,luck elements ok,but still u dont see that MU fighting for survival or RM,Barca etc,ofcourse they shouldnt win easy,but also shouldnt loosing games from 84 teams nmf with 21 players

Ok then after a terrible season in my gameworld where freak results have become the norm for me despite having an average team rating of 94 for most games and the opposition around the 90 mark.

results where the weaker opposition win continue, It has now got to the point where when I log in to check I expect myself to lose against weak opposition, funnily enough its not just me.

Mates in other game world's have noticed this too, weaker teams beating the cream of the crop of the league. I'm all up for this don't get me wrong. But it happens to me 80% of the time.

So here we go, my latest defeat to poor opposition in all its glory which leads Wolves higher than me in the table (this year I'm currently 11th)

(side note look at the possession and shots on target for fun reading. Plus their 83 rated scorer who funnily enough has 8 goals in 10 games against opposition with 91+ match rating. ) :(

WHEN WILL THEY FIX THE MATCH ENGINE?

lol2.png

lol1.png

Lets delve into this mess deeper, now this really is comedy:

lol3.png

* His target man is the Holding midfielder.

* His target man is also the corner taker.

* His mentality is counter-attack, yet he has 70% possession.

* My back 3 get all match ratings of 8, despite letting in 3 goals.

* I had 30% possession despite his tactic telling his players to press me when mine are in his own half.

*Joel Campbell is also playing out of position.

* Went attacking despite 5 men at the back.

* Holliet is also out of position.

* He made no substitutions throughout the whole game.

* His average rating was 88, mine for this game was 93.

I can show you more examples of this but with other lowly ranked teams that I have played this season. It pains me to say this but this is nothing compared to one result I had in the cup.

How long have you been using your current tactics? Check out my theory (a few posts back) about having to change tactics regularly to avoid them losing effectiveness. I have seen this many times in different setups where a highly rated team, that had previously carried all before them, suddenly can't win a game.

How long have you been using your current tactics? Check out my theory (a few posts back) about having to change tactics regularly to avoid them losing effectiveness. I have seen this many times in different setups where a highly rated team' date=' that had previously carried all before them, suddenly can't win a game.[/quote']

I have been changing tactics constantly for most the season, however I Stuck with this one for about 3 games.