Official Six Nations Thread 2012

Harris 17

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Official Six Nations Thread 2012

start of a new era for the english boys today' date=' you couldnt ask for a harder start for them but im quietly confident we can win![/quote']

Totally agree, although they didn't dominate the game that's the first time we've won in Murrayfield for 6 years, so well done to Stuart Lancaster, really hope he gets the job full time.

Really hope Ben Youngs starts performing soon, quality player, but hasn't been the same since his injury, a couple of his box kicks yesterday were awful and he doesn't have much influence on the game at the moment. We'll be alot stronger once we have Flood, Tuialagi and Lawes back in the squad, but Hodgson and Bortha did do very well in their place.

Good win for England, although not a commanding scoreline likewe're used to. May take some time for performances to come, but right now all that matters is the result.

Can't believe what happened in France, Ireland supporters have every right to be annoyed. Literally 30 minutes from kick-off and they call it off, very unprofessional from the French officials. Should have had a pitch inspection a day at the very least to prevent a shambles like this happening. Although it may be a blessing in disguise, give more time to Ireland to prepare for a very physical game against the French.

Good win for England' date=' although not a commanding scoreline likewe're used to. May take some time for performances to come, but right now all that matters is the result.

Can't believe what happened in France, Ireland supporters have every right to be annoyed. Literally 30 minutes from kick-off and they call it off, very unprofessional from the French officials. Should have had a pitch inspection a day at the very least to prevent a shambles like this happening. Although it may be a blessing in disguise, give more time to Ireland to prepare for a very physical game against the French.[/quote']

Pretty disgraceful should have called it off yesterday since Ireland couldn't train on the pitch.

Well deserved win for England today and it could be the start of something big. What a player this Owen Farrell is and his got a good kick too. But' date=' I still think Courtney Lawes should be in the England squad, anyone agree or is that just because I suppourt the Northampton Saints?[/quote']

Think he's still injured mate, or Lancaster hasn't deemed him fit enough to play for England yet. Happened to Flood, and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen to Lawes been out for a month or two.

I think we'll be a more complete outfit once our stars like Lawes, Tuilagi, Flood and Woods come back. We should begin to play more on the front foot, we'll still miss Haskell who'll be available again next season.

Think he's still injured mate' date=' or Lancaster hasn't deemed him fit enough to play for England yet. Happened to Flood, and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen to Lawes been out for a month or two.

I think we'll be a more complete outfit once our stars like Lawes, Tuilagi, Flood and Woods come back. We should begin to play more on the front foot, we'll still miss Haskell who'll be available again next season.[/quote']

He played today for us (Saints) and yep we will be at our best for a long time with them players back IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Wales being favourites worries me. England are always expected to win, especially at home.

We have a very strong line-up though and should punish Englands decision to play Farrell at 10.

I'm looking forward to it. We haven't showed our best yet, that could come today.

Wales being favourites worries me. England are always expected to win' date=' especially at home.

We have a very strong line-up though and should punish Englands decision to play Farrell at 10.

I'm looking forward to it. We haven't showed our best yet, that could come today.[/quote']

The return of Sam Warburton and Faletau scares me as an England fan. We've been doing just enough to get by against not-great teams. This is Lancasters first REAL test as England coach, we should be beating teams like Italy and Scotland anyway. I can see Wales bullying us upfront, starving our backs of the ball, which has been the case in our first two matches.

Although it's great to see Tuilagi back, he'll hope us improve offensively, but don't know why Lawes is on the bench, if he can play he should start. Easily Englands best Forward for me, influences the game so much, hits hard and is immense at the line-out.

Prediction: Wales 19-12 England

I think your going to dominate possession and territory, our defence will keep the score respectable but we haven't shown anything to be considered contenders for this six nations so far, and I'll be genuinely shocked if we pull off a win here.

The return of Sam Warburton and Faletau scares me as an England fan. We've been doing just enough to get by against not-great teams. This is Lancasters first REAL test as England coach' date=' we should be beating teams like Italy and Scotland anyway. I can see Wales bullying us upfront, starving our backs of the ball, which has been the case in our first two matches.

Although it's great to see Tuilagi back, he'll hope us improve offensively, but don't know why Lawes is on the bench, if he can play he should start. Easily Englands best Forward for me, influences the game so much, hits hard and is immense at the line-out.

Prediction: Wales 19-12 England

I think your going to dominate possession and territory, our defence will keep the score respectable but we haven't shown anything to be considered contenders for this six nations so far, and I'll be genuinely shocked if we pull off a win here.[/quote']

Of course having Super-Sam back is a massive boost but I just wonder how fit he is. If he's 100% then awesome but if not then its a risk. Same with George North. I hope his ankle holds up just so I can see him smash through Tuilagi, Oh, and of course through Ashton.

The biggest plus for me is having Wyn-Jones and Evans back in the second row though.

Of course having Super-Sam back is a massive boost but I just wonder how fit he is. If he's 100% then awesome but if not then its a risk. Same with George North. I hope his ankle holds up just so I can see him smash through Tuilagi' date=' Oh, and of course through Ashton.

The biggest plus for me is having Wyn-Jones and Evans back in the second row though.[/quote']

haha, i dont see many getting through our centre partnership of tuilagi/barrit, those 2 smash people down for fun, but we shall see!!! still think ur boys will win tho, convincingly aswell!

I guessed the correct score LOL, Wales deserved the win after they kept in the game when they had Priestland sinbinned. I don't see what Lancaster is making the team work on, we don't attack well at all. We just go through the motions, so frustrating, and Ben Youngs isn't half the player he was when he made his debut, dunno what wrong with him at the moment.

Honestly thought he did' date=' well it looked like he got his hand over his body in real-time but it was hard to tell in the replays.

The Wales try was a piece of brilliance.[/quote']

harris your english, admit it we were robbed? the ref won the game for them?

yer mate' date=' he grounded it. and even if the referee thought it wasnt, then he should of called it back, as we had a penalty advantage, we were robbed! if i was welsh i couldnt celebrate that win!!! they were lucky![/quote']

They were very lucky at times mate, but don't you think we were poor beyond measure. We have quality players but don't put our qualities into application. As I said earlier Sam Warburton was going to be a key figure during the game and he was world-class one of the best back-rows in the world at present.

yer mate' date=' he grounded it. and even if the referee thought it wasnt, then he should of called it back, as we had a penalty advantage, we were robbed! if i was welsh i couldnt celebrate that win!!! they were lucky![/quote']
Personnaly thought he got it down aswell. Thought Farrell did really well for his first start at 10 in international rugby.

The English think the ball was down but the Welsh don't.

NONE of the video evidence was conclusive so no try could be awarded. Thats how it works. The ref asked, 'Can I award the try?'. In which the response was correct. No. Not one TV angle could prove the ball was grounded. Anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

As for Wales not celebrating. WHAT?! Haha! Thats outrageous! The ONE game of the Six Nations the Welsh care about and we shouldn't celebrate... Yeah, righto! You weren't robbed, just didn't take advantage of a poor overall Wales performance. Its just hard to swallow for some of you, obviously. You tried running the clock down with 'tactical kicks' while only 6 and 3 points in the lead. Very naive, especially against us.

Robbed? As in there was a penalty advantage? I will have to watch it back as I don't recall their being one when you decided to spread the ball wide with men over. A combination of a great tackle by Halfpenny and some crazy TV angles cost you the game. (I will watch it back once I post this)

I'm proud of our never say die attitude and thats what won us the game. Along with a bit of magic from our Centre; Stripping a second row, not just any second row, but Lawes who was much fresher than Scott Williams, then seeing the space to put theat kick in, within a split second and having the pace to finish it off. A try worthy of winning ANY game. I will celebrate that win forever! Simply because we have won at 'HQ' three times from 1988-present day. Deservedly so too! :D

Rant over. :o

The English think the ball was down but the Welsh don't.

NONE of the video evidence was conclusive so no try could be awarded. Thats how it works. The ref asked' date=' 'Can I award the try?'. In which the response was correct. No. Not one TV angle could prove the ball was grounded. Anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

As for Wales not celebrating. WHAT?! Haha! Thats outrageous! The ONE game of the Six Nations the Welsh care about and we shouldn't celebrate... Yeah, righto! You weren't robbed, just didn't take advantage of a poor overall Wales performance. Its just hard to swallow for some of you, obviously. You tried running the clock down with 'tactical kicks' while only 6 and 3 points in the lead. Very naive, especially against us.

Robbed? As in there was a penalty advantage? I will have to watch it back as I don't recall their being one when you decided to spread the ball wide with men over. A combination of a great tackle by Halfpenny and some crazy TV angles cost you the game. (I will watch it back once I post this)

I'm proud of our never say die attitude and thats what won us the game. [b']Along with a bit of magic from our Centre; Stripping a second row, not just any second row, but Lawes who was much fresher than Scott Williams, then seeing the space to put theat kick in, within a split second and having the pace to finish it off.[/b] A try worthy of winning ANY game. I will celebrate that win forever! Simply because we have won at 'HQ' three times from 1988-present day. Deservedly so too! :D

Rant over. :o

Makes you think where Foden was? Oh yeah he had to chase a kick that he should have easily put into touch. Another one of our supposedly reliable players failing to lead by example. We have brought in alot of players untried at this level in this tournament, and we need players like Foden to step up to the mark.

You have every right to celebrate, winning when not playing well is a sign of champions. It was a good game albeit there wasn't much quality on display. I hate to say it but Wales have a very bright future, all your top players are very young and can only improve. George North is an absolute man-mountain how I wish he was English. The result was a credit to the Wales, never giving up hope until the final whistle has gone, and the try saving tackle at the end was proof of that. I hope you go on and win now, getting revenge against France along the way.

I have just watched it back. Walsh did play an advantage but obviously felt that getting over the try line was advantage enough after England decided to fling the ball wide in an attempt to score. I didn't hear Walsh call advantage over but the crowd was soooo loud when the ball was being passed along the English back-line.

Walsh is a dodgy referee. Always has been. Seeing how we have been on the recieving end of some shocking refereeing decisions in the last year, I'm not going to be soprry for getting a relatively small one in our favour. IF there was any sort of 'robbing' of the result the Brian 'pleb-head' Moore would have picked up on it and never shut up about it but he didn't... :P

WAAAAALLLLEEEESSSSS!!!! (Loved watching that try again!)

I have just watched it back. Walsh did play an advantage but obviously felt that getting over the try line was advantage enough after England decided to fling the ball wide in an attempt to score. I didn't hear Walsh call advantage over but the crowd was soooo loud when the ball was being passed along the English back-line.

Walsh is a dodgy referee. Always has been. Seeing how we have been on the recieving end of some shocking refereeing decisions in the last year' date=' I'm not going to be soprry for getting a relatively small one in our favour. IF there was any sort of 'robbing' of the result the Brian 'pleb-head' Moore would have picked up on it and never shut up about it but he didn't... :P

WAAAAALLLLEEEESSSSS!!!! (Loved watching that try again!)[/quote']

i was a little drunk whilst posting on here last night, also a little frustrated with the disallowed try as i thought our boys done enough to at least draw or even win that game as i felt that ref took it away from us! however wales impressed me when they went down to 14 men, that was our chance to kill the game off, we failed to do so! so fair play, i hope u celebrated:D