Ideas to Improve SMFA  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I want other 'improvements'

I've just tried to report a bunch of deals where a manager has taken over Sevilla in the setup, and proceded to sell David Villa, Cambiasso and Pirlo to Schalke for unbelievably cheap deals (Tymoschuk + Mahamdou Diarra for Villa, Pander + Engelaar for Cambiasso and Camozatto + Drincic for Pirlo), even though there were better offers on the table from other clubs. But no, the Sevilla manager accepts the first bids Schalke put in, no counters or anything like that.

The Sevilla manager then quits as soon as the third (Pirlo) deal is done and leaves the club much worse off for the next manager. Now I've tried to report the deals, but apparently because they've been reported once, they can't be reported again. I reported the Villa transfer before, but the 'highly tuned ATMS system :rolleyes:' didn't pick anything up.

I would normally try and report another deal, but explain the situation in the ticket, but the last time I tried to do that SM reversed the random transfer and didn't even bother to look at the ticket.

So, a manager has quite obviously cheated and has gotten away with it, because there's no chance of reporting the deals, and there's no alternative (I'm not e-mailing them, there's not even a guarantee they look at those). This isn't the first time a cheat has gotten away with something in that setup, I got offered C.Ronaldo in exchange for a Gold Membership Renewal. I reported that via reporting a random transfer, and they reversed the random transfer and didn't do anything else about it. I tried to PM a Dev, but no reply.

I understand there are a lot of setups, and so there must be a lot of tickets, but that's partly SM's fault, they continued to churn out GCs etc because of 'demand'.

I think a major overhaul is needed, because there is no point in playing in setups where cheaters prosper (this manager now has a stronger team = higher chance of trophies). The ATMS needs to be replaced because it is flawed. We're always told that the SMFA/ATMS can see links/things we can't, but we're not given any information of what else can be seen, it just seems to be their go-to answer when they can't be bothered to explain things. Is there any point in even sending tickets anymore?

Anyway sorry for the rant, but the frustration has been building up slowly after getting the same stupid pre-set answer for instances where there is undeniable proof of cheating/something immoral happening (one where the proof was on the wall of someone on the forum!).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ideas to Improve SMFA The main things that concern me about the SMFA are: 1) Reporting multiple accounts now appears to result in an automated and instant decision which clearly shows no human i

Re: would it be a good suggestion if....... Perhaps they should be an appeal system to reversed transfers, where an explanation can influence the outcome. BUT, you need to remember that for the vast

Re: The SMFA/ATMS sucks Couldn't agree more, now, in new setups its usually all reasonable deals that get reversed, its not even fun, so many managers just opt to build with with buying from unmanag

Re: The SMFA/ATMS sucks

I've just tried to report a bunch of deals where a manager has taken over Sevilla in the setup' date=' and proceded to sell David Villa, Cambiasso and Pirlo to Schalke for unbelievably cheap deals (Tymoschuk + Mahamdou Diarra for Villa, Pander + Engelaar for Cambiasso and Camozatto + Drincic for Pirlo), even though there were better offers on the table from other clubs. But no, the Sevilla manager accepts the first bids Schalke put in, no counters or anything like that.

The Sevilla manager then quits as soon as the third (Pirlo) deal is done and leaves the club much worse off for the next manager. Now I've tried to report the deals, but apparently because they've been reported once, they can't be reported again. I reported the Villa transfer before, but the 'highly tuned ATMS system :rolleyes:' didn't pick anything up.

I would normally try and report another deal, but explain the situation in the ticket, but the last time I tried to do that SM reversed the random transfer and didn't even bother to look at the ticket.

So, a manager has quite obviously cheated and has gotten away with it, because there's no chance of reporting the deals, and there's no alternative (I'm not e-mailing them, there's not even a guarantee they look at those). This isn't the first time a cheat has gotten away with something in that setup, I got offered C.Ronaldo in exchange for a Gold Membership Renewal. I reported that via reporting a random transfer, and they reversed the random transfer and didn't do anything else about it. I tried to PM a Dev, but no reply.

I understand there are a lot of setups, and so there must be a lot of tickets, but that's partly SM's fault, they continued to churn out GCs etc because of 'demand'.

I think a major overhaul is needed, because there is no point in playing in setups where cheaters prosper (this manager now has a stronger team = higher chance of trophies). The ATMS needs to be replaced because it is flawed. We're always told that the SMFA/ATMS can see links/things we can't, but we're not given any information of what else can be seen, it just seems to be their go-to answer when they can't be bothered to explain things. Is there any point in even sending tickets anymore?

Anyway sorry for the rant, but the frustration has been building up slowly after getting the same stupid pre-set answer for instances where there is undeniable proof of cheating/something immoral happening (one where the proof was on the wall of someone on the forum!).[/quote']

agree/and stupid thing with prevent u to join cause u could be linked with another account/tell me who it is and i wouldnt do transfers with that person/easy as that

• 1 year later...

Report system

Hello everyone,

Maybe it's obvious for everyone that current report system is just NOT working. For sure the players in GC318 knows what I am talking about, not quite sure how it's in the other of the new GC.

The situation now is like one manager can report every single deal and then the SMFA walks in. And let's admin - SMFA isn't even near to good working system....

Other thing is that if someone report a deal, you cannot do it - so if the report was weak....a fake deal can go through.

So my suggestion is simple - Let's SMFA "walks in"(get activate or what ever) only after 3 indipendent reports(not from a single IP). And that 3 reports not to be anonymous like now, but visible for everyone.

So - three steps:

1. Make possible more than 1 report for a deal.

2. After a report is a fact the report to be visible for everyone with the name of the manager and the text.

3. When 3 or more reports for a deal are submited then SMFA to check the transfer.

With this will be eliminated all reports just becouse you didn't win the bid, or becouse your rival gets a good player or smth like this.

And in the same time if the transfer is really fake one for sure 3 or more managers gonna report it - so the SMFA will do its job.

Best regards!

would it be a good suggestion if.......

....Soccer manager decided to improve the ATMS and transfer reversal systems.

These are long due a review in my and what appears to be the eyes of many members! Apparently SM review the forum so if we all suggest that they look at this then we can all but hope for the change that we all want!

Re: would it be a good suggestion if.......

I totally agree Infernito

While they keep lining there pockets with there pot of gold, or should that be there pot of gold credits then we just have to dance to there tune unfortunately.

All we can do as the consumer is refuse to line there pockets by purchasing gold or customs the latter I am guilty of, until then they will just sit there and continue to laugh at us the while dismissing any improvements that will either:

A: Require spending money

B: Require any restructuring of the software, which in many areas need improving rather than these pointless cosmetic home page changes.

They clearly do not give a stuff about making this game the best management simulation there is, financial gain is of more importance to them.

It has to be quite easily turned off though - i mean sure some people would cheat but far less would cheat than are currently being made, incorrectly, out to be cheaters!

I don't understand why soccer manager deem it fair to charge £16.50 for a decent team then allow every deal you make after paying that premium to be reversed!

There is a guy who has barca in a recent GC - he sod off all the youth players for cash twice and every deal got reversed! Why!? Because somebody thought it a fun thing to do and for some strange reason it was all upheld!

Chairman limits surely negate the need to reverse deals as any deals within those limits is surely a fair deal, no?!

They clearly do not give a stuff about making this game the best management simulation there is' date=' financial gain is of more importance to them.[/color']

Surely though making it better makes them even more money long term - that is just common business sense! Improve your product to widen and increase it's appeal!?

Re: Report system

Hello everyone' date='

Maybe it's obvious for everyone that current report system is just NOT working. For sure the players in GC318 knows what I am talking about, not quite sure how it's in the other of the new GC.

The situation now is like one manager can report every single deal and then the SMFA walks in. And let's admin - SMFA isn't even near to good working system....

Other thing is that if someone report a deal, you cannot do it - so if the report was weak....a fake deal can go through.

So my suggestion is simple - Let's SMFA "walks in"(get activate or what ever) only after 3 indipendent reports(not from a single IP). And that 3 reports not to be anonymous like now, but visible for everyone.

So - three steps:

1. Make possible more than 1 report for a deal.

2. After a report is a fact the report to be visible for everyone with the name of the manager and the text.

3. When 3 or more reports for a deal are submited then SMFA to check the transfer.

With this will be eliminated all reports just becouse you didn't win the bid, or becouse your rival gets a good player or smth like this.

And in the same time if the transfer is really fake one for sure 3 or more managers gonna report it - so the SMFA will do its job.

Best regards![/quote']

fingers crossed they listen to all the people pushing for this to change!

It might be worth noting that my post was deleted by a dev which obviously means they've been in the thread and once again, completely failed to respond to this. It's not bloody hard, SM;

WHY DO YOU OVERTURN PERFECTLY GOOD TRANSFERS FOR NO REASON?

I shall not rest until this questtion has been answered.

It might be worth noting that my post was deleted by a dev which obviously means they've been in the thread and once again' date=' completely failed to respond to this. It's not bloody hard, SM;

[b']WHY DO YOU OVERTURN PERFECTLY GOOD TRANSFERS FOR NO REASON?[/b]

I shall not rest until this questtion has been answered.

HA! It's around the 10th time I posted this poll and had around 40 posts deleted the last 2 days!! I got 2 infractions and messages about how a new subject should be raised - I complied with this and it was still deleted so informed them that I am fitting the requirements they lay out and that any further deletions I would take as an attack on my right to free speech and so far so good!

Perhaps they should be an appeal system to reversed transfers, where an explanation can influence the outcome.

BUT, you need to remember that for the vast majority of people that use this site, that it is entirely free to play.

For any developments to occur, or any responses to be made (in the appeal system mentioned above), it takes both time and more importantly, money.

Reversed transfers are often the result of abnormal transfers, when compared to other setups with deals involving the same player(s) and seeing as people rightly can't stand people who cheat, then there has to be a system in place which monitors deals. Yes, at the moment it doesn't get them all right and as you say improvement may be needed, but as mentioned above, any improvement takes both time and money.

Also, this is a dumb poll. It might as well say ''would you like free ice cream delivered straight to your door''. Of course people want improvements, who is going to say no to that?

Also' date=' this is a dumb poll. It might as well say ''would you like free ice cream delivered straight to your door''. Of course people want improvements, who is going to say no to that?[/quote']

Yes Luke it is a dumb poll but considering every other way i worded it it was pulled down! I was instructed by dev vicky to look at the rules for new posts hence the use of the words improve and suggest as this was the only way to attempt making a change......if I could walk away I would but unlucky for us its a flippin addictive game and they have the monopoly in this area!

Hi all,

I think a few posts were getting a little off topic here and so I have tidied this one up a bit.

We understand that certain aspects of the game can get emotive and clearly the transfer element has the potential to be one such issue for a variety of reasons. So we can be entirely consistent around transfer mechanics and SMFA activity we focus any comments we would make around these areas in the help section of the game so I would direct anybody there for guidance.

All elements of the game are constantly under review by our development team and as I have said before we do use the forum as an important part of this process so please keep constructive posts coming.

Thanks all, have a good weekend.

Eric

Hi all' date='

I think a few posts were getting a little off topic here and so I have tidied this one up a bit.

We understand that certain aspects of the game can get emotive and clearly the transfer element has the potential to be one such issue for a variety of reasons. So we can be entirely consistent around transfer mechanics and SMFA activity we focus any comments we would make around these areas in the help section of the game so I would direct anybody there for guidance.

All elements of the game are constantly under review by our development team and as I have said before we do use the forum as an important part of this process so please keep constructive posts coming.

Thanks all, have a good weekend.

Eric[/quote']

Hi Eric

As the creator of this debate i didnt see anything off topic i just saw soccer manager staff ignoring the valid points made by its members!

The help section is shocking and of no help at all and we dont want guidance we want to be untagged as cheaters and have the value restored to a game we pay a premium for! (16.50 to have all deals reversed is BEYOND a joke)

I therefore ask you:

1. How is this currently being reviewed if it is, like you say, under constant review? We have be asking for change in this system for a long time with nothing happening.

2. How will changes be made?

3. When will they be made?

I look forward to your speedy reply

Slav

Hi Slav,

Updates for the game generally follow a similar pattern, there are things which are under continual improvement as the game develops such as user interface and general game infrastructure and then there a new developments and features which are often new to the game. The most common starting place for this is by taking our lead from our community, so the forum, community administrators, bug tickets, social media in all our different countries etc...these ideas are then assessed in terms of impact on the game and improvement to the community before being placed into our development programme.

It's important to note that with some developments it is not appropriate to say we have done 'x' so the new output will be 'y' so there is often not a general announcement ...a good example of this is the match engine which is under continual review as per other areas.

Hopefully this shines more of a light on our development process for you :)

Please feel free to assist in our process if you have any specific ideas as to how you want the game to progress, any good ideas stand a great chance of being considered for inclusion.

There's a lot more of you fine folk than me so I can't always directly respond to everything on the forum, but I thought you might appreciate the input on your questions.

Take care

Eric

Hi Eric

As the creator of this debate i didnt see anything off topic i just saw soccer manager staff ignoring the valid points made by its members!

The help section is shocking and of no help at all and we dont want guidance we want to be untagged as cheaters and have the value restored to a game we pay a premium for! (16.50 to have all deals reversed is BEYOND a joke)

I therefore ask you:

1. How is this currently being reviewed if it is' date=' like you say, under constant review? We have be asking for change in this system for a long time with nothing happening.

2. How will changes be made?

3. When will they be made?

I look forward to your speedy reply

Slav[/quote']

....Soccer manager decided to improve the ATMS and transfer reversal systems.

These are long due a review in my and what appears to be the eyes of many members! Apparently SM review the forum so if we all suggest that they look at this then we can all but hope for the change that we all want!

I do accept that the current system might be outdated and need amending but it's hard to fully see what SM can do, as whatever they did they'd still be in the catch 22 situation.

The rules and guidelines are in place when it comes to transfers so they have to try and find the balance which lets people do transfers but doesn't open pandora's box and give people who cheat the green light. As many GW's are full of people who have multi accounts who will do any method so they have the best players. I have seen so many daft transfers between teams for the best players, it would make your head spin.

The same trouble is happening with SW where people are trying to get players rating boosts by changing positions or profile data. But SW are meant to be taking steps to root out that problem, which is a step forward. Only time will see if it fully works and people renew their trust to use SW. As if not it's only going to have an knock on effect which will damage the game.

I think what SM has to kind of accept is that the practice in which is game is played among people has changed, it's no longer just at home or on a phone. Going from the website stat's i've seen about the age range and where they play it, from that it becomes clear that alot of people are using SM on the same networks, which can be work, college, uni, or internet cafes. So maybe some newer rules have to come in which take this into account, when a custom gameworld has been created. But again, isn't as easy as people might think to impermanent.

I know it wouldn't be easy to fully introduce a new system which would please everyone, as people who cheat will always want to. But by getting useful feed back from the user's of the site, on any changes/problems. This in turn would make any changes you make to the game positive ones as we are the ones who have put time and money into this game some play 24/7, some don't even wash or shower, nor seen daylight in weeks but by having input from users will only give yourselfs first hand knowledge of the problems and have idea's of how they could be solved.

Hi Slav' date='

Updates for the game generally follow a similar pattern, there are things which are under continual improvement as the game develops such as user interface and general game infrastructure and then there a new developments and features which are often new to the game. The most common starting place for this is by taking our lead from our community, so the forum, community administrators, bug tickets, social media in all our different countries etc...these ideas are then assessed in terms of impact on the game and improvement to the community before being placed into our development programme.

It's important to note that with some developments it is not appropriate to say we have done 'x' so the new output will be 'y' so there is often not a general announcement ...a good example of this is the match engine which is under continual review as per other areas.

Hopefully this shines more of a light on our development process for you :)

Please feel free to assist in our process if you have any specific ideas as to how you want the game to progress, any good ideas stand a great chance of being considered for inclusion.

There's a lot more of you fine folk than me so I can't always directly respond to everything on the forum, but I thought you might appreciate the input on your questions.

Take care

Eric[/quote']

Eric

let me start by saying a big thank you! To get a reply is fantastic, just a shame its taken 3 years!

However....... The biggest issue EVERYBODY has is with the ATMS and reversal of deals so why does this never change? Chairman limits were introduced so surely any deal conducted within those parameter is fair within the laws of the game as you have set them!The community has been asking for this for so long but nothing changes with it and frustrations boil over because I am sure I speak for a huge amount of people when I say that despite the issues we love this game and would love it even more if it was fair and just with regards to us being tagged cheaters incorrectly.

Any further info and assistance you can provide will be hugely appreciated by all dedicated members I am sure!

Slav

I do accept that the current system might be outdated and need amending but it's hard to fully see what SM can do' date=' as whatever they did they'd still be in the catch 22 situation.

The rules and guidelines are in place when it comes to transfers so they have to try and find the balance which lets people do transfers but doesn't open pandora's box and give people who cheat the green light. As many GW's are full of people who have multi accounts who will do any method so they have the best players. I have seen so many daft transfers between teams for the best players, it would make your head spin.

The same trouble is happening with SW where people are trying to get players rating boosts by changing positions or profile data. But SW are meant to be taking steps to root out that problem, which is a step forward. Only time will see if it fully works and people renew their trust to use SW. As if not it's only going to have an knock on effect which will damage the game.

I think what SM has to kind of accept is that the practice in which is game is played among people has changed, it's no longer just at home or on a phone. Going from the website stat's i've seen about the age range and where they play it, from that it becomes clear that alot of people are using SM on the same networks, which can be work, college, uni, or internet cafes. So maybe some newer rules have to come in which take this into account, when a custom gameworld has been created. But again, isn't as easy as people might think to impermanent.

I know it wouldn't be easy to fully introduce a new system which would please everyone, as people who cheat will always want to. But by getting useful feed back from the user's of the site, on any changes/problems. This in turn would make any changes you make to the game positive ones as we are the ones who have put time and money into this game some play 24/7, some don't even wash or shower, nor seen daylight in weeks but by having input from users will only give yourselfs first hand knowledge of the problems and have idea's of how they could be solved.[/quote']

I agree with some points but i think after 3 years of complaining personally, and others longer it would seem, something really should have been done! More money making upgrades have been added and cosmetic touches but changes to the meat only and not the bones is just not on when you pay a premium of 16.50 for a top top team! Reversing every deal just because somebody clicks for it too be was not a sufficient and adequate system 3 years ago let alone now!

I agree with some points but i think after 3 years of complaining personally' date=' and others longer it would seem, something really should have been done! More money making upgrades have been added and cosmetic touches but changes to the meat only and not the bones is just not on when you pay a premium of 16.50 for a top top team! Reversing every deal just because somebody clicks for it too be was not a sufficient and adequate system 3 years ago let alone now![/quote']

I accept more should be done on SM's part, as it's a problem that needs addressing and listening to problems. I ain't defending them but why if over a 3 year period would you want to carry on putting money into SM, if a key feature isn't working. As would only cause you to get more worked up.

I currently have a gold membership which will run out around Jan/Feb. At the moment i don't plan on renewing it. I know i'll lose the feature of managing a list of clubs but if the game isn't working and my fun for the game has been removed, then i won't put any more money into it.

I accept more should be done on SM's part' date=' as it's a problem that needs addressing and listening to problems. I ain't defending them but why if over a 3 year period would you want to carry on putting money into SM, if a key feature isn't working. As would only cause you to get more worked up.

I currently have a gold membership which will run out around Jan/Feb. At the moment i don't plan on renewing it. I know i'll lose the feature of managing a list of clubs but if the game isn't working and my fun for the game has been removed, then i won't put any more money into it.[/quote']

I cant help it! I enjoy the game in theory and quite often in action hence wanting this change! With that in place the game would be even better and rather than let members down it would encourage renewals from people such as yourself would it not!?

Further thinking on it and just as a customer who plays and pays you would just hope to feel valued enough that the thoughts of what appear to be the majority of people, not just in this poll but reading the constant news feeds complaining and many forum frustrations voiced, would be looked into in some way.

Obviously the reason for me here is I'm facing unreasonable block from SMFA, although it is my first time, but there simply isn't a reason to.

A manager wants to buy a player of mine for the base value, I accept the offer.. but it is blocked?

Looking at the reasoning SM gives for the screw up of ATMS....

The SMFA will block any transfer that they deem unusual or dubious. Their decision is aided by our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) and is not personal or a judgement on you. The deal could have been blocked for a variety of reasons such as not being fair, too heavily weighted towards one club or issues with one or more of the managers accounts. If you feel the deal is fair and there are no issues with your account then the problem may be with the other managers account which the SMFA cannot discuss.

The ATMS 'learns' over time about managers and how fairly they are playing the game. Managers that continually break the rules will find it harder and harder to deal with other managers and more and more of their transfers will be blocked.

If the SMFA have blocked you from conducting transfers with another manager, they will not reverse their decision and it is advisable to look elsewhere to conduct your transfers.

Apparently ATMS hasn't learn much and is still not that fine tune even now.

Unfair deal? Then why give the player a worth that will be blocked?

Multiple accounts? We are different individual managers... even the ip can swear so. We haven't met in real life or have each others' skype.

We also have PM negotiating of deals in game... if that hasn't been taken into account.

Any other reason? Or just an excuse to shift responsibility or even work to do nothing?

Much of recent changes such as user interface etc have not added much, gameplay experience hasn't really improve... options to gameworld creation, customizability of team, gold user ideas, timer to transfer deals, tactics engine and explanation... the chat is something useful, only if your gw people uses.

What SM lacks right now is a responsive service, so what someone do now that the deal is block, surely there must be a channel for me to appeal to it, rather than coming to the forums to do so, or some may put it just to rant... which clearly isn't what normal players want to waste time on.

Anyone with a good idea can come talk to me?

I've just tried to report a bunch of deals where a manager has taken over Sevilla in the setup' date=' and proceded to sell David Villa, Cambiasso and Pirlo to Schalke for unbelievably cheap deals (Tymoschuk + Mahamdou Diarra for Villa, Pander + Engelaar for Cambiasso and Camozatto + Drincic for Pirlo), even though there were better offers on the table from other clubs. But no, the Sevilla manager accepts the first bids Schalke put in, no counters or anything like that.

Anyway sorry for the rant, but the frustration has been building up slowly after getting the same stupid pre-set answer for instances where there is undeniable proof of cheating/something immoral happening (one where the proof was on the wall of someone on the forum!).[/quote']

Your totally right but we've been saying this for a few years now and it's crystal clear that SM and there Devs just don't care and aren't about to replace or repair this shoddy system.

When I first started playing five and half years ago cheats got properly punished(removed and rep reduced) now there's no punishment and plenty of cheating.

The prices have gone up but the quality has gone down which is a shame.