Ideas to Improve SMFA  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I want other 'improvements'

Re: The SMFA/ATMS sucks

Your totally right but we've been saying this for a few years now and it's crystal clear that SM and there Devs just don't care and aren't about to replace or repair this shoddy system.

When I first started playing five and half years ago cheats got properly punished(removed and rep reduced) now there's no punishment and plenty of cheating.

The prices have gone up but the quality has gone down which is a shame.

Couldn't agree more, now, in new setups its usually all reasonable deals that get reversed, its not even fun, so many managers just opt to build with with buying from unmanaged, its seems that legit deals are more reversed novadays then the ones that is cheating in it, kinda sad.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ideas to Improve SMFA The main things that concern me about the SMFA are: 1) Reporting multiple accounts now appears to result in an automated and instant decision which clearly shows no human i

Re: would it be a good suggestion if....... Perhaps they should be an appeal system to reversed transfers, where an explanation can influence the outcome. BUT, you need to remember that for the vast

Re: The SMFA/ATMS sucks Couldn't agree more, now, in new setups its usually all reasonable deals that get reversed, its not even fun, so many managers just opt to build with with buying from unmanag

I agree with the poor system sm use, today was the day i realised i am not paying for this game anymore, after 2weeks of negotiations, transfer goes through, and then reversed 2days later, im sure they didnt look into the details like this before a transfer goes through its just frustrating and feels like your wasting your time trying to play fairly and contact managers when this happens

I do share the pain with how the current system works, it does need to be changed as it shouldn't be happening this often.

What I think might be the cause of the problem is how SM logs the IP addresses. There are two types local and external. Your local IP address is what identifies your computer or device to the local network. Your external/public IP address is what the rest of the internet sees.

Home computer IP : 210.135.18.151

external IP : cpc8-warr5-2-0-cust150.1-3.cable.virginmedia.com

Anyone in the town i live would have the same external IP address as that's the network they have been assigned to via virgin. The Same would be for other internet companies, they all would have their own system your computer connects to.

So you setup a comp with all your mates, your all in the same town, you start doing transfers. Now if your friends are with virgin, they all would have the same external IP address(listed above) if that is what SM is logging. So to me that might be the reason the deals are getting blocked as the system thinks your all on the same IP address, as it's logging the external IP address.

There are only a few internet companies in the uk, virgin's BT/SKY/Talktalk etc. But even with Sky or Talktalk you are still using BT's network to piggy back to your service provider as you connect to the net via the phone line. So they might be sharing the same external IP from the hub and they wouldn't know.

Sites tend to log via the external IP address more now, as Home IP address can be easily IP spoofed and so are not secure. You can change your IP address in a few minutes or use a site as a proxy to use a fake IP from Canada, or use some add on in Firefox which lets you put a fake location onto Facebook. Get banned from a site, within a few minutes your back on easy.

The point is they aren't secure, that's why sites log your external IP, as that's set in stone, it will not change.

So if your at home on virgin and your college/work is on BT. Then you could very easily create another account and do transfer deals with your other club and them deals and SM would think there fine as your external IP is different.

I'm sure there might be more to the system than the external IP thing, but thats just my opinion on it, as to why it's might be causing the issue with people playing with others in surrounding areas. As would it defeat the point of playing against your friends, you should still be able to do transfers with them either way.

Until SM change the system or update it, what i would recommend for people to do to cut down on coming across cheaters, is to join a setup from within the forum. There are many great gameworlds, done by people of the forum who play the game fair. When you enter a setup, your going to put time and effort into it so you don't want all that time to end up being wasted by a few cheats. Gameworlds listed on the forum will cut down the cheating factor, as everyone wants the same thing, a fun, fair game.

I'm fairly confident in saying that everyone's external IP address is unique. An internal IP address is only what is used on your own home network, in fact most people in the UK probably use the exact same one. However an external IP address needs to be unique so that packets of data can be routed back to where the request was sent from. Both can easily be changed by the individual. You can change your internal IP in your router settings whereas a proxy or VPN is needed to change the external IP.

I'm fairly confident in saying that everyone's external IP address is unique. An internal IP address is only what is used on your own home network' date=' in fact most people in the UK probably use the exact same one. However an external IP address needs to be unique so that packets of data can be routed back to where the request was sent from. Both can easily be changed by the individual. You can change your internal IP in your router settings whereas a proxy or VPN is needed to change the external IP.[/quote']

By using the following site http://www.ip-address.org/

This gives you alot of information what is shown on sites IP wise. It's like my location, from that IP finder it says i'm 10 miles down the road from my house, because that's where the IP Host is. So if that IP host is being logged it won't help the situation.

There's even some cheating you can't report like today I outbid a manager on unmanaged Eden Hazard and what does he do....takes over the club with his 2nd account same name nickname everything just a difference of 2 in reputation and then quits the guy didn't even try and hide the fact he cheated it was as blatant as possible and I can't even report it:(

There's even some cheating you can't report like today I outbid a manager on unmanaged Eden Hazard and what does he do....takes over the club with his 2nd account same name nickname everything just a difference of 2 in reputation and then quits the guy didn't even try and hide the fact he cheated it was as blatant as possible and I can't even report it:(

I had problem like this before, albeit i was able to report stilll...

Guy had 2 accounts named same, from same country, same rep and etc, sold 1 teams best players for minimum, and quit afterwards, so i reported multiple accounts.

Got told there's not enuf evidence for deal to be reversed or account removed :D

I had problem like this before' date=' albeit i was able to report stilll...

Guy had 2 accounts named same, from same country, same rep and etc, sold 1 teams best players for minimum, and quit afterwards, so i reported multiple accounts.

Got told there's not enuf evidence for deal to be reversed or account removed :D[/quote']

That kinda sums up the smfa system lol even Inspector Clouseau could find evidence there.

Re: Ideas to Improve SMFA

The SM reverse very legitimate deals. I have had 3 deals reverse in the past year, all of which were to other managers with high reputations that have been in the GW for a long time and are very competitive.

However, I see deals go on that are obviously cheating, good players going to one team all sold by one manager that just keeps swapping the controlled team, flogging them all off to Liverpool dirt cheap and them moving on to the next.

Seems like the more obvious the cheating, the easier it is to get away with!!

Either that, or the SMFA is one of the managers in the GW who is the biggest cheat.

Ok, and now when we know that 32 managers want changes on ATMS, 0 managers like it, and 2 wants other changes will it be changed?

And please add button report MANAGER, simply becouse when someone exploit the game I cannot report him. Something like offer unmanaged club to a friend to break accepted deals which he doesn't win, or ruin a club by selling all players to unmanaged clubs for CM values atm cannot be reported.

Edit:

OK, I see the one who's answered this is Simply an IDIOT:

MY TEXT:

Hello,

Becouse there is no option to report a manager who's exploiting the game I'm creating but ticket again, although it's not a bug. In GC171(I already wrote you about this GC several times) it's very hard to get a player from unmanaged club. Why? Becouse if someone didn't win the bid just took and leave the club with alt char, or the new way - to offer the club to ANY of his friends. Today bids for Fellaini and Baines was accepted. Just few minutes after that club was offered. My bid wasn't winning! I just want to mention that, so this report is not "I lost my player", but report like "the rulez was broken, player exploited the game". So, back to the point - this time I decide to write a mail to the manager to whom the club was offered. Ofcourse he has NO idea that someone used him for that purpose, but he told me who did it - Nuri Demir, the manager of Liverpool. He was suspected already for doing this last time, so this is his second attemp. But now I have evidence that it was him who broke the deals just becouse he lost the bid. I believe this is against code of conduct and it's pure exploit, so I really hope to do smth, becouse this is endless run - lost a bid, offer the club, wait a week and again and again.

Best regards!

ANSWER:

Hi Iliya,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) has not picked up any cheating in relation to the reported managers and transfers. The ATMS is highly tuned to look into several factors to see if the managers in question are cheating.

We cannot take any action against a members account unless there is sufficient evidence.

Regards

Soccer Manager

ANOTHER ONE

C'mon ppl, are you even reading my transfer tickets?

Ticket 1368429736:

Tottenham manager is destroying the team! Since he took the club 5 days ago put ALL of his players in transfer list and then begin to sell them for the lowest ammount SOMEONE paid, doesn't matter if it was a player or unmanaged club. I suppose he's doing that to cover the transfer he wanted really to do, like Bale for 70 mil to Barca. Who gonna sell all of his player for cash? I really doubt once he finnish that to stay even 1 day in the club. Please stop this and return all transfers back to Tottenham.

Cheers

And what you have done? Reverse only the transfer I reported? And what about the others:

Players sold for CM Values to unmanaged clubs, which I cannot even report:

H.LLORIS

B.FRIEDEL

Y.KABOUL

I.AFELLAY

A.LENNON

K.NAUGHTON

Deals player sold for little cash:

K.WALKER - 14.5 mil Cm Value 12.4 mil

C.DEMPSEY - 8 mil, CM Value 6 mil

S.GIOVINCO - 11.3, CM Value 8.6

POGBA - one of the biggest tallents in world sold only for 14 mil

J.VERTONGHEN - sold only for 28 mil

G.SIGURDSSON - 8 mil, CM Value 6 mil

and some more.

Thats more 24 transfers for 6 days all OUT of the club, more from them cannot even be reported.

Will you do smth this time?

AND AGAIN:

Hi Iliya,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) has not picked up any cheating in relation to the reported managers and transfers. The ATMS is highly tuned to look into several factors to see if the managers in question are cheating.

Regards

Soccer Manager

Will you put some REAL efford in this game or just machine work???? So it seems it's OK to exploit the system becouse NOONE will move his fingers to do smth. Ok, let's begin then!

The main things that concern me about the SMFA are:

1) Reporting multiple accounts now appears to result in an automated and instant decision which clearly shows no human is actually reviewing the report and means the report is pointless.

2) Evidence of similar automation problems when reporting individual deals. The OP mentioned what happens when reporting a random deal out of necessity and I have experienced the same.

3) Clear failure by the SMFA (human or AI) to look at all relevant issues, such as whether managers need money, or whether time has been spent negotiating.

4) Too much cloak and not enough dagger. Too much has to be kept quiet and too few people actually get punished these days. This means nobody has a clue what deals are "acceptable" and not enough people are punished for deliberate misdoings.

5) Too much workload. SM can't possibly take time to look at each deal individually in as much details as we like. There are too many taking place every day.

Solutions?

I would like to see one main change. Transparency.

For too long SM have guarded the cheat prevention system (CPS) like it is some sort of holy grail. This is completely unnecessary.

Make it clear what SM consider a "dubious" or "illegal" transfer and people will make their deals to fit this. Clearly, the concern is that people will "abuse the system" but this is irrational. If SM set out the conditions they wish to judge people on, and someone uses these conditions to force a deal through, then what is the big problem? They have met the conditions, so by SM's own definition the deal is fine. As long as the conditions are thorough then deliberately constructing a deal that meets them can actually be positive.

Even if it is really two people in the gameworld moving players between accounts, if their deal carries none of the hallmarks of cheating besides their linked accounts, and satisfies their chairmen (see below), then what is the real problem seeing as the club does not suffer? There is the option to report multiple accounts anyway to cover this situation if there is real funny business.

This leads on to some subsidiary changes I would like to see which are:

a) A more intelligent chairman and

B) Re-evaluations of player values

c) Tweaks to the other reporting methods

If a deal is suitable to both chairmen, who are taking everything into account, then again it really matters very little about the motives behind the deal and the CPS becomes more redundant which is only a good thing in my opinion - the CPS should be looking at circumstances and letting the chairmen worry about whether a deal is good.

Chairmen need to take into account factors such as how much money they have (i.e. if they have loads, they should really undervalue cash offers) and how many players they have (if they have a huge squad, they should be more interested in selling for cash) when making a decision. Sure this will mean some people can't do certain deals they want to do, but as long as we have transparency over why a deal is not possible is then people will work to what they have and can't really complain.

With player values, it is ridiculous that the game seems to treat a CB as a LB or RB. We need the game to recognise individual positions, not just defenders/midfielders/attackers as I believe it does right now. This will allow deals to better reflect what people need.

Youth values also need looking at. People go crazy for youth. The scouting facility suggests that the game recognises some youth are more valuable than others due to potential and it would be great if this was built in to the chairman's valuation of players owned and sought after. If this is not possible the values just need to be scaled differently based upon age.

When SM do receive a report of multiple accounts or match fixing they need to actually look at these in more detail or effectively outsource this to the community (maybe that should read "insource") to deal with. The only way I could see this working is to flag any reports to the gameworld (excluding the subjects of the report) and offering people the opportunity to vote. Provided the report is seconded and thirded or receives a majority vote this could then be escalated back to a human at SM to look at who could then decide and give the basis for their decision.

SM also need to take bug tickets more seriously when someone reports something that the reporting tools don't cover. It is hugely frustrating to spend time highlighting an issue and then have the ticket closed and be told "this is not a bug" and/or "we cannot discuss this". Nobody is asking for trade secrets and as above there is no need for all the secrecy. I don't see a problem with SM closing a ticket where someone just disagrees with a decision but SM need to look closely when someone is just providing an example that illustrates a wider issue.

As has been said it should be possible to report a deal that already has been reported. It is madness that you cannot. Sometimes circumstances unfold that make it more obvious a deal has been dubious. There are always going to be circumstances that transparency and super-intelligent chairmen won't cover so the report system needs to stand and be taken seriously.

I don't think that the community policing transfers entirely would work very well as there are too many agendas, even on a vote basis. In my favourite gameworld, GC1, I am pretty sure the majority would vote against my deals just because there is so much dislike of me in that gameworld. Even if it worked by escalating transfers to SM (as I am suggesting above with multi-accounts) it would be too easy to ensure this happened everytime to deals undertaken by someone you didn't like.

tebthereb

3) Clear failure by the SMFA (human or AI) to look at all relevant issues, such as whether managers need money, or whether time has been spent negotiating.

The AI system is a complete joke.

According to SM this isn't a bug in my gameworld and has now been closed. As it makes perfect sense for me to be playing Anzhi and Stuttgart in my next two games in the English championship. I've found out i should be playing Everton and Reading on them dates.

game.jpg

SM response

Untitleddddew.jpg

The main things that concern me about the SMFA are:

1) Reporting multiple accounts now appears to result in an automated and instant decision which clearly shows no human is actually reviewing the report and means the report is pointless.

2) Evidence of similar automation problems when reporting individual deals. The OP mentioned what happens when reporting a random deal out of necessity and I have experienced the same.

3) Clear failure by the SMFA (human or AI) to look at all relevant issues' date=' such as whether managers need money, or whether time has been spent negotiating.

4) Too much cloak and not enough dagger. Too much has to be kept quiet and too few people actually get punished these days. This means nobody has a clue what deals are "acceptable" and not enough people are punished for deliberate misdoings.

5) Too much workload. SM can't possibly take time to look at each deal individually in as much details as we like. There are too many taking place every day.

[u']Solutions?[/u]

I would like to see one main change. Transparency.

For too long SM have guarded the cheat prevention system (CPS) like it is some sort of holy grail. This is completely unnecessary.

Make it clear what SM consider a "dubious" or "illegal" transfer and people will make their deals to fit this. Clearly, the concern is that people will "abuse the system" but this is irrational. If SM set out the conditions they wish to judge people on, and someone uses these conditions to force a deal through, then what is the big problem? They have met the conditions, so by SM's own definition the deal is fine. As long as the conditions are thorough then deliberately constructing a deal that meets them can actually be positive.

Even if it is really two people in the gameworld moving players between accounts, if their deal carries none of the hallmarks of cheating besides their linked accounts, and satisfies their chairmen (see below), then what is the real problem seeing as the club does not suffer? There is the option to report multiple accounts anyway to cover this situation if there is real funny business.

This leads on to some subsidiary changes I would like to see which are:

a) A more intelligent chairman and

B) Re-evaluations of player values

c) Tweaks to the other reporting methods

If a deal is suitable to both chairmen, who are taking everything into account, then again it really matters very little about the motives behind the deal and the CPS becomes more redundant which is only a good thing in my opinion - the CPS should be looking at circumstances and letting the chairmen worry about whether a deal is good.

Chairmen need to take into account factors such as how much money they have (i.e. if they have loads, they should really undervalue cash offers) and how many players they have (if they have a huge squad, they should be more interested in selling for cash) when making a decision. Sure this will mean some people can't do certain deals they want to do, but as long as we have transparency over why a deal is not possible is then people will work to what they have and can't really complain.

With player values, it is ridiculous that the game seems to treat a CB as a LB or RB. We need the game to recognise individual positions, not just defenders/midfielders/attackers as I believe it does right now. This will allow deals to better reflect what people need.

Youth values also need looking at. People go crazy for youth. The scouting facility suggests that the game recognises some youth are more valuable than others due to potential and it would be great if this was built in to the chairman's valuation of players owned and sought after. If this is not possible the values just need to be scaled differently based upon age.

When SM do receive a report of multiple accounts or match fixing they need to actually look at these in more detail or effectively outsource this to the community (maybe that should read "insource") to deal with. The only way I could see this working is to flag any reports to the gameworld (excluding the subjects of the report) and offering people the opportunity to vote. Provided the report is seconded and thirded or receives a majority vote this could then be escalated back to a human at SM to look at who could then decide and give the basis for their decision.

SM also need to take bug tickets more seriously when someone reports something that the reporting tools don't cover. It is hugely frustrating to spend time highlighting an issue and then have the ticket closed and be told "this is not a bug" and/or "we cannot discuss this". Nobody is asking for trade secrets and as above there is no need for all the secrecy. I don't see a problem with SM closing a ticket where someone just disagrees with a decision but SM need to look closely when someone is just providing an example that illustrates a wider issue.

As has been said it should be possible to report a deal that already has been reported. It is madness that you cannot. Sometimes circumstances unfold that make it more obvious a deal has been dubious. There are always going to be circumstances that transparency and super-intelligent chairmen won't cover so the report system needs to stand and be taken seriously.

I don't think that the community policing transfers entirely would work very well as there are too many agendas, even on a vote basis. In my favourite gameworld, GC1, I am pretty sure the majority would vote against my deals just because there is so much dislike of me in that gameworld. Even if it worked by escalating transfers to SM (as I am suggesting above with multi-accounts) it would be too easy to ensure this happened everytime to deals undertaken by someone you didn't like.

Great post Teb but a few of these points have been mentioned before on various threads over the last few years and its got to the point where you have to ask..... are SM ever to going to listen and do something about this?

There's huge amount of members who've been complaining about the SMFA and I don't think I've ever seen SM or one of there dev's ever respond to any suggestions or complaints.

There failure to respond is very disappointing.

Great post Teb but a few of these points have been mentioned before on various threads over the last few years and its got to the point where you have to ask..... are SM ever to going to listen and do something about this?

There's huge amount of members who've been complaining about the SMFA and I don't think I've ever seen SM or one of there dev's ever respond to any suggestions or complaints.

There failure to respond is very disappointing.

They have already been replying on this thread, so let's hope so! :)

It needs changing. I am fed up of seeing managers quitting and complaining about the wrong deals being reversed or left to stand.

I doubt SM want to get drawn on discussing ideas in detail as it is so time consuming but hopefully they are going to listen and act... They need to realise that the community's attention is on things like this rather than constant unwanted cosmetic tweaks every few months.

'Soccer Manager Automated Transfer System has to Change' is a name of a page on facebook should people want to add their support there about getting the system looked at.

Hi all,

Just a quick note to update, there have been some good suggestions around this over the last few weeks and we are going to use some developer time to make some improvements to the system across the coming weeks.

Thanks for all the constructive posts, there are often some very genuine ideas around trying to make the game better and these will be considered as part of the process.

More news on this to follow via either a game update or on here by the Devs.

Enjoy the week.

Eric.

Hi all' date='

Just a quick note to update, there have been some good suggestions around this over the last few weeks and we are going to use some developer time to make some improvements to the system across the coming weeks.

Thanks for all the constructive posts, there are often some very genuine ideas around trying to make the game better and these will be considered as part of the process.

More news on this to follow via either a game update or on here by the Devs.

Enjoy the week.

Eric.[/quote']

Eric,

If you really look and read closely what people are writing here, the cornerstone of it all is the lack of customer service offered by SM. There will always be complaints about various aspects of the game. The reality is that you will never be able to please everyone. However, the lack of customer service and the perception that SM is more interested in financial gain than in keeping current customers satisfied and connected is what is most troubling. Just trying to get a response from SM is incredibly difficult and takes days. Even here, your response, while appreciated, is basically a, "Great thoughts fellas, we'll look into it. Don't call us, we'll call you" type of response.

In the current world-wide economy, keeping consumers should be paramount. Why does SM not have an e-mail address where people can send concerns (as well as compliments)? Why does SM put so many levels between it's management/developers and it's costumers? Why does SM appear to feel that it's costumers are commodities that can be easily replaced by other customers?

Again, Eric, look closely at the posts on this thread. Although the complaints themselves are varied, there is a constant theme to them all...the lack of customer service that SM provides.

My suggestion, related to this issue...hire an ombudsmen (this can be done rather inexpensively), create an e-mail address for people to e-mail concerns regarding any aspect of the game, and allow the ombudsmen to solve issues before they become major issues. Primarily, this person will listen to your customers and appear to actually "give a damn", something SM doesn't appear to do right now.

Thank you for reading,

Johnny

Eric' date='

If you really look and read closely what people are writing here, the cornerstone of it all is the lack of customer service offered by SM. There will always be complaints about various aspects of the game. The reality is that you will never be able to please everyone. However, the lack of customer service and the perception that SM is more interested in financial gain than in keeping current customers satisfied and connected is what is most troubling. Just trying to get a response from SM is incredibly difficult and takes days. Even here, your response, while appreciated, is basically a, "Great thoughts fellas, we'll look into it. Don't call us, we'll call you" type of response.

In the current world-wide economy, keeping consumers should be paramount. Why does SM not have an e-mail address where people can send concerns (as well as compliments)? Why does SM put so many levels between it's management/developers and it's costumers? Why does SM appear to feel that it's costumers are commodities that can be easily replaced by other customers?

Again, Eric, look closely at the posts on this thread. Although the complaints themselves are varied, there is a constant theme to them all...the lack of customer service that SM provides.

My suggestion, related to this issue...hire an ombudsmen (this can be done rather inexpensively), create an e-mail address for people to e-mail concerns regarding any aspect of the game, and allow the ombudsmen to solve issues before they become major issues. Primarily, this person will listen to your customers and appear to actually "give a damn", something SM doesn't appear to do right now.

Thank you for reading,

Johnny[/quote']

Very good said mate! I second this at 101%.

Here is just simple example of what poor customer service is:

From one of my post on the thread I used Create a bug ticket to report the acts of a manager in one of mine GC where he just took Tottenham and sold every single player to unmanaged or managed clubs for a CV. The current system allows me to report only deals between managers, so if anyone decider to bury rival team, so to be easier to get titles he can take it with alt char and sell all his players to unmanaged club. No cheating, not against the rulez, and even after two months he can buy all this player again not against the rulez. So I'm not able to report this act by ANY way. So I used report a bug and as you can see they auto answer, saying nothing wrong.

Ofcourse that ****** me off and I send it again, here is the answer:

Hi Iliya,

The response given within ticket 1368688257 was correct, this is not a bug. A bug or error report should be submitted if a feature on the site does not work or is not displayed correctly. Within the "Report Bugs" it states:

"If a feature on the site does not work or it is not displayed correctly then you will need to report this as a bug.

However, prior to reporting a bug, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.

If we believe it is a bug we will add it to our bug queue and fix this at the earliest opportunity.

Please note that non-bug submissions will be closed."

We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Regards

Soccer Manager

At least this time, not an auto responce, but still VERY POOR customer service. So all they did is to tell me I shouldn't use Create bug to report if someone is cheating?!? Don't you think I know that? And if not by this way HOW to tell you that your game is beeing exploited by MANY ways! And you're doing just nothing.

Maybe I should stop reporting this acts and begin doing it myself, but just to know - the players who are using exploits don't stay for a long in a game. And the managers who are not using hates to see the other type - so they quit too. Just saying...

Hi Johnny,

Apologies if my post came across as a 'don't call us, we'll call you' type of message as you say as I was trying to say exactly the opposite of this!...the point was meant to reflect that we've seen the comments posted here around the transfer system and have analysed the issue. As a result of this we have decided to include this area as a priority item on our development list with the forum commentary being an important part of shaping the work. It should be seen as an acknowledgement of the community bringing an issue into a focus and us responding to that, we've always tried to do that and will do so going forward.

It has always been our intention to be a community focused game and in fact many of the features in SM currently have been developed in line with community feedback. We are fortunate enough to have a very busy community and we get a substantial amount of incoming communications every day from our players all over the world, it is always a question of how best to manage that and keep the wheels turning on developing the game as quickly as our community would expect. The communications systems we have in place currently re. forum, bug tickets, social media interactions etc are as a result of SM evolving over time and has so far allowed us to make sure SM players can bring things to our attention as they always have done ... from reporting a bug to making suggestions for taking the game forward.

We're perhaps a little off topic here so I'll leave this thread for further discussion of the SMFA issue as it will help the development work progress if people add further constructive ideas to it. If you have any further specific ideas that you want to share, please start a thread accordingly so we can review it there.

:)

Thanks!

Eric

Eric' date='

Thank you for reading,

Johnny[/quote']

Hi Johnny' date='

Apologies if my post came across as a 'don't call us, we'll call you' type of message as you say as I was trying to say exactly the opposite of this!...the point was meant to reflect that we've seen the comments posted here around the transfer system and have analysed the issue. As a result of this we have decided to include this area as a priority item on our development list with the forum commentary being an important part of shaping the work. It should be seen as an acknowledgement of the community bringing an issue into a focus and us responding to that, we've always tried to do that and will do so going forward.

It has always been our intention to be a community focused game and in fact many of the features in SM currently have been developed in line with community feedback. We are fortunate enough to have a very busy community and we get a substantial amount of incoming communications every day from our players all over the world, it is always a question of how best to manage that and keep the wheels turning on developing the game as quickly as our community would expect. The communications systems we have in place currently re. forum, bug tickets, social media interactions etc are as a result of SM evolving over time and has so far allowed us to make sure SM players can bring things to our attention as they always have done ... from reporting a bug to making suggestions for taking the game forward.

We're perhaps a little off topic here so I'll leave this thread for further discussion of the SMFA issue as it will help the development work progress if people add further constructive ideas to it. If you have any further specific ideas that you want to share, please start a thread accordingly so we can review it there.

:)

Thanks!

Eric[/quote']

Eric,

Your response is appreciated. Specific to this issue, what does it mean when you write that SM has “decided to include this are as a priority item on our development list”? How many items are there on this list and what are the other items? Although I understand you cannot do everything at once, this is the kind of response that many of us have become increasingly frustrated with. While you do provide a response, it is rather generic in that it does not frame it within a bigger picture nor give details as to what is being done nor when we should expect to see the changes you are considering put into place. Additionally, it does not provide a way for SM customers that do not use the forum/facebook/twitter to provide feedback the way a direct e-mail address would. (As a sidenote, I do not use twitter or facebook and find this forum, while enjoyable, antiquated. And the responses I get to bug tickets are disgraceful and all too commonly rude.)

As to the larger issue of customer service, the need to initiate another thread is a microcosm of when I wrote that it feels that SM does everything it can to put layers between itself and its customers. It’s sad that I have to come to the forum to post a message and hope I get a response. I pay a yearly fee to participate in your game. Where is the service Eric? Why should I have to open another thread when we have already initiated the conversation here and others have clearly stated their agreement with the line of questions am asking? (It feels like it could be in hopes that a new thread would not get the attention this one has already started to generate therefore running a lower risk of other people agreeing.)

Eric, once again, I sincerely appreciate your response. In fact, it is the first response I have ever gotten from SM in my many years of playing that shows any sort of thought and attention to a real issue. Still, I close by asking an amazingly simple question: Why does SM refuse to provide an e-mail address to allow its customers a venue to have direct communication with the company?

Thank you for your time,

Johnny

I noticed I got a different reply when reporting multiple accounts today. Hopefully this is not just an aesthetic change.

I have never been completely satisfied with SMFA

More and more quit through SMFA decisions.

here's what i don't understand.. or one reason i dont get

I put a bid in for a player.

It said, i need to bid £6m - £15m to satisfy both chairmen.

I put in a bid between those figures which is acceptable for both clubs

I got message on news feed saying it was accepted and will be completed in 24hrs,

soon after in the news feed it said SMFA stop the deal and wouldnt allow such a deal.

eh, come on, its a fair deal for both clubs and chairmen and is within the transfer price range for the player.

no wonder we need change here

My idea:

Make a vote system. If a deal is reported the community (gameworld managers) have the right to vote it, if it's a fair deal or not! This might work on gold championships as we have over 100 managers.

Also the system should not be rash on banning 2 managers from joining the same public game world.

I apologise if the vote system idea has been brought up before!

My second idea(not very related to this) is to make CASH more important. We know thats it's very hard to buy players for cash on very competitive set-ups. This might change if you can do other things with cash. For example expand your stadium, hire staf members, PAY FINES IF YOU DONT ACCOMPLISH A TASK (chairmen wants you to finish on top10, you finished 11...).. ETC. There are many ways to make CASH valuable.