Ideas to Improve SMFA  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I want other 'improvements'

Re: Ideas to Improve SMFA

There should be a place in the bug report to report people exploiting loopholes.

I'm sure somewhere in the code of conduct its mentioned that people shouldn't exploit loopholes and if so will be punished.

I recently had a manager takeover a team with his 2nd account(same name & everything) after losing out on an unmanaged player and collapsing the deal but there's no where to report this cheating issues like this.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ideas to Improve SMFA The main things that concern me about the SMFA are: 1) Reporting multiple accounts now appears to result in an automated and instant decision which clearly shows no human i

Re: would it be a good suggestion if....... Perhaps they should be an appeal system to reversed transfers, where an explanation can influence the outcome. BUT, you need to remember that for the vast

Re: The SMFA/ATMS sucks Couldn't agree more, now, in new setups its usually all reasonable deals that get reversed, its not even fun, so many managers just opt to build with with buying from unmanag

Hi all' date='

Just following on from earlier posts on this, if anyone has any good constructive ideas on this one but has not yet posted then please do so as soon as you can so we can feed all the good ideas into the dev process.

Thanks again.

Eric[/quote']

Eric,

I will believe it when i see it, but having been part of a rather large group (probably the majority of your customers) who have been campaigning for this change and development for years you will forgive my lack of belief that any action will be taken however refreshing it is to get what appears to be a human response for once!

Slav

Ok, another proof for how poor SMFA works. The situation is in GC202. Few days ago a manager joins gets Santos and right then he sold Neymar to Juventus for Antonio NOCERINO and Fabio QUAGLIARELLA. When I tried to report the deal, it was already done, but after closer look I noticed that Santos manager's name was Rui Fernandes, portuguese and Juventus's Rui, again portuguese. So I reported them for multy accounts, couse it was obvious that was the matter. That was 3 days ago. Today I saw that there was responce to my ticket:

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We have now investigated and taken action against these accounts.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Soccer Manager

, and that Santos manager was removed.

BUT did they reversed the Neymar deal? Nope. Seems they found it ok, according to the super poor SMFA ATMS..... So it's forbidden to take two clubs from one GW, but it's ok to do deals between them? How poor can that be!

HAHAHAHA

Here is the SM answer regarding the problem in my previous post about Juventus, Santos and Neymar, for which I created bug ticket simply becouse there is NO OTHER WAY to report smth that is already reported and nothing done!

Here I am AGAIN using create Bug ticket, for smth which is not a BUG, just becouse there is NO other way!!

I reported Santos and Juventus manager in GC202 for multiply accounts(ticket number 1369144482) and your responce was that:

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We have now investigated and taken action against these accounts.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Soccer Manager

So Santos and Juventus manager was really one man. BUT you didn't reverse the Neymar transfer?!? So it's against the rulez to have 2 teams in one GC but not against the rulez to transfer players from that teams? C'mon!!! Stop the Auto checking and answering! Very poor customer support, very!

And the responce:

Hi Илия,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Regards

Soccer Manager

I REQUEST ANSWER FROM A DEV TEAM HOW THIS CAN BE POSSIBLE!!!

I'm customer and wanna ask you how:

1. The player violate the rules by taking second club with his alt account and this is ACCORDING TO YOU - SMFA removed him from the second account

and at the SAME TIME

2. His transfer between HIMSELF is not violating the rules?!????!!? Zero logic????

C'MON!!!!!

Your post doesn't contain any idea' date=' if you want answer by a DEV contact them via PM. Eric asked for new ideas![/quote']

Have you got any idea how the hell all this started? I already gave my ideas regarding EXACTLY problems like this and still such problems continue to be part of SM every single day. If you don't know the whole idea of this thread and the reason I it started just don't quote and discuss smth you don't know! Couse I'm not good to stay and watch how players continue to cheat and exploit in the GW and noone is doing a thing!

Edit:

Just look at page 1, post 4, 16 days ago:

Hello everyone' date='

Maybe it's obvious for everyone that current report system is just NOT working. For sure the players in GC318 knows what I am talking about, not quite sure how it's in the other of the new GC.

The situation now is like one manager can report every single deal and then the SMFA walks in. And let's admin - SMFA isn't even near to good working system....

Other thing is that if someone report a deal, you cannot do it - so if the report was weak....a fake deal can go through.

So my suggestion is simple - Let's SMFA "walks in"(get activate or what ever) only after 3 indipendent reports(not from a single IP). And that 3 reports not to be anonymous like now, but visible for everyone.

So - three steps:

1. Make possible more than 1 report for a deal.

2. After a report is a fact the report to be visible for everyone with the name of the manager and the text.

3. When 3 or more reports for a deal are submited then SMFA to check the transfer.

With this will be eliminated all reports just becouse you didn't win the bid, or becouse your rival gets a good player or smth like this.

And in the same time if the transfer is really fake one for sure 3 or more managers gonna report it - so the SMFA will do its job.

Best regards![/quote']

Have you got any idea how the hell all this started? I already gave my ideas regarding EXACTLY problems like this and still such problems continue to be part of SM every single day. If you don't know the whole idea of this thread and the reason I it started just don't quote and discuss smth you don't know! Couse I'm not good to stay and watch how players continue to cheat and exploit in the GW and noone is doing a thing!

Yes l have a complete idea why you started this thread, to moan about the current system! We had enough examples of mistakes system has done(just give it a search :P), in this stage we need ideas, at least that's what DEVs asked.

I really hate the point that the cheat reporting system is so automatic and the filter is so powerful that so deal or illegal transfer can even report after their direct auto inspection. So hiring the SMFA people for what? everything is so automatic and keep blocking people for reporting, why still set up cheat report system?

The multiple accounts system even worse, always can't report. Always reply as 'investigated no further', why encouraging multiple account?

The fix match system also very hard to get reported and get rejected easily, WHY? why let go of those cheater so easily?

The other point, WHY CANT COPY AND PASTE the evidence in cheat report ticket? what's the point of disabling COPY AND PASTE function when doing cheat report?

As I have posted previously' date=' and reading the most recent posts of everyone, it seems the idea to improve SMFA most all of us has is amazingly simple:

Humanize and Provide Real Customer Service.

What does everyone else think?[/quote']

I think this would be unfeasible as it would be such a massive drain on resources. SM would never do anything else so other areas of the game would suffer.

I think it needs to be either superior automation or self-policed by the community. Or a combination of the two. My preference would be for better automation and complete transparency over what is required for an acceptable deal.

I think this would be unfeasible as it would be such a massive drain on resources. SM would never do anything else so other areas of the game would suffer.

I think it needs to be either superior automation or self-policed by the community. Or a combination of the two. My preference would be for better automation and complete transparency over what is required for an acceptable deal.

I agree this would take the hiring (or at least specific appointment) of someone to handle issues, but my idea will not overwhelm SMFA. Simply, we already send messages via "bug" reporting. We already report cheating. We already report multiple accounts. My suggestion is to have someone who we can directly contact (i.e. they have a published e-mail account) when the automation and/or self-policing have not done their job. Ultimately, SM is responsible for oversight of their product.

When cheat happen, I mean for the greedy cheater, once they successful in cheating, they will just continue to cheat. I would suggest to build up a multi-link system that can report cheats from different supporting links. I am very bad in English, I try to explain it again in different way.

Example in Gameworld 1 'Cheater 1' created an account 'Cheater 2', 'Cheater 2' start of the season bid 'Cheater 1' 5M player using 9M which make people difficult to judge whether this is consider Cheat or not, so 'Cheater 1' successfully gain advantage. Then 'Cheater 2' quit the gameworld after cheat to prevent other manager have any chance to report him. Soon after he left, Cheater 1 in gameworld two making cheat using 'Cheater 2' and 'Cheater 3'. Cheater 3 left after high-biding Cheater 1 player and cheater 2 remain here to make a slightly weaker team fix match again 'Cheater 1', for example a 90 rated team but Cheater 2 use a few 86 rated players and one or two out of position.

SO, for reporting this kind of cheat, usually illegal transfer can only report illegal transfer, fix match can only report fix match, if you enter any not relevant information (like illegal transfer you add few points abut fix match btw them or fix match you enter how they illegal transfer player or even tell how similar their account are), almost everytime being ignored by SMFA.

WHAT I suggest is when reporting any of this, the reporting ticket got a column state that 'do you have any other supporting evident' if tick yes then can input the other relevant link to make the report more powerful. Just like when reporting illegal transfer, you can also tick the fix match and multiple accounts box to key in which match they look like fixing and how similar their log in time/log in name/joining name/game history etc also can use back the old closed ticket that may close by not enough evident or so on to reopen the case when last ticket was not created with enough evident.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Stick with me on this one as it is a bit wordy but it takes a bit of explaining...

As part of a recent review of the SMFA and transfer system we have made some improvements to the player transfer mechanisms and in particular the role of the chairman valuations during player exchange deals.

The chairman is now more cautious whilst negotiating player exchange transfers and will seek to ensure that incoming players are at least as good or better than the outgoing player(s) by assigning a value to the outgoing player that reflects the players perceived value to the selling club in an exchange situation. Naturally, the purchasing chairman is also looking out for the interests of his club and will value an incoming player in line with what they could raise in cash for that player once he has signed. This may create a gap between the valuations which needs to be bridged with cash in order to make the transfer acceptable to both parties. A straightforward cash transaction is not as complex as the there is less perceived risk to the chairman in accepting cash for a player rather than exchange player(s) who could lose form, rating, value etc.

This change has been made to make the system more realistic and to incentivise the use of cash transactions in line with other changes recently made. Previously the purchasing chairman would inflate the incoming player in an exchange transaction which made for an imbalanced system where player exchange transfers were much more advantageous to managers and led to unrealistic transfers being made ... i.e two lower rated players in a straight swap for a superstar.

Other recent updates have been made to bring life back to the GW economies by re-establishing the value of cash in transfers and dis-incentivise player farming/hogging. This change should further support that work by removing the ability to buy lower rated players and simply use the player exchange system to artificially improve a squad over time. The emphasis in the game remains on finding good young players who have rising potential and constructing fair and balanced transfer deals based on their rising value and a managers skill in finding them and doing deals.

Hope this explains a little more of the background. We'll continue to review and make improvements to the SMFA in coming days and weeks.

Eric

The chairman is now more cautious whilst negotiating player exchange transfers and will seek to ensure that incoming players are at least as good or better than the outgoing player(s) by assigning a value to the outgoing player that reflects the players perceived value to the selling club in an exchange situation. Naturally' date=' the purchasing chairman is also looking out for the interests of his club and will value an incoming player in line with what they could raise in cash for that player once he has signed. This may create a gap between the valuations which needs to be bridged with cash in order to make the transfer acceptable to both parties. A straightforward cash transaction is not as complex as the there is less perceived risk to the chairman in accepting cash for a player rather than exchange player(s) who could lose form, rating, value etc.

...[/quote']

I understand this point and agree to the logic behind it, but what is happening in-game doesn't reflect that!

Example: My Mirko VUCINIC for his Stephan EL SHAARAWY Exchange.

Vucinic has Value = 13,640,000 (29 years - 92 rating)

El Shaarawy has Value = 12,400,000 (20 years - 89 rating)

This should be the a straight swap since age/rating differences are canceling each other, which is reflected in their displayed Values. So both Chairman's would then be preserving their club's interests.

BUT, the Exchange Values are:

El Shaarawy Chairman values my Vucinic at 13,640,000 (Exact Value)

My Chairman values Vucinic at 20,415,000 (!!!)

The very interesting part is that these valuation for Vucinic from both Chairmans DO NOT change when I make an exchange bid for either Reus (92), Zouma (85), or Lucas Torro (75 Real Madrid C) who are all in different clubs than El Shaarawy. This proves that these valuations DO NOT follow your claim of 'Chairman's perceived value to the club' and are rather just 'static' percentages of Vucinic value that are set in any player exchange scenario.

SM'S Highly attuned "investigation system"

firstly sorry for the "wall o text"

yeah i can guess the majority of viewer's first thought's when seeing this thread, "oh well it happens to everyone just deal with it nothing new"

and i could understand that if it was a once in a blue moon occurance

but this is beyond a joke

your so called flag ship gameworlds that obviously make you the most money, the "gold champs" are now becoming a total farce(although most would probably say its been like that for a while)

not only are you having to compete the usual way for transfers(which isn't an issue because its a fair part of the game) but now you also have to take into account that if you sign a top player theres a 98% chance that this deal is going to be reversed because some other manager in the game world missed out and like a spoiled child they need to make sure if they don't get there fav players no one else does

which throws your entire squad building efforts into turmoil because by a deal getting reverserd it not only changes your lineup but the selling team and also as you thought your team was sorted and no longer have the finances to buy new players you then miss out on all the alternatives that might of been up for grabs if you hadn't already gone out your way to get all deals done properly

now the main issue i have with this frankly below par system is why does a deal get reversed when a player is bought for cash which is inside the offer amount surely if the deal will get reversed for accepted such an offer why does the system allow you to offer it in the first place

i mean sm's main "selling" point is "interact with other human managers" and now if buy a player from an unmanaged team for top whack it goes through and never gets reversed but if this team was managed and i bought the player for the same price to obviously stay competitive(because why is a manager going to accept less than top whack for one of there top players) it would get reversed so basically how can they say with the right and take with the left

i know nothing can be perfect but me personally for years of playing this game hadn't had one single deal reversed until about 2 months ago

and currently in a new gameworld i've had three legit transfers reversed, no explaination, just the usual bumf of "after an smfa investigation" blah blah blah, how about actually explaining why,

i mean look i've never cheated on this game in my entire time of playing it and do get a little annoyed that for some bizarre reason i am now constatnly getting accused of doing "dodgy" deals

yeah i understand like mentioned above that most of these reason are down to others being jealous on missing out and reporting fair deals so either make the whole process transparent so these rejects can be seen and then in turn not dealt with by anyone else. meaning that only valid qualms will be put forward because theres no hiding behind the fact that no one can see who's done what or spend a little money and update or find some way of altering you setup so this doesn't happen anymore

because i know every other day theres someone on here claiming if this isn't changed then there not buying a new memebership "blah blah" i'm not doing that because i do actually enjoy playing the majority of the gameworlds but i feel as a consumer the product being put forward to myself and many others isn't reaching the simple goals that should be expected from such a system

which truthfully is really tarnishing my overall enjoyment of this game

only posted this here as well theres no where else to post it

also attached is a poll to see wheither the majority feel the smfa system needs reviewing/altering if the games going to move forward

• 3 weeks later...

Improving the Transfer Blocking/Reversal System

SM is on the way down. Why? Because managers are getting incredibly annoyed when their transfers keep getting blocked and reversed, for NO APPARENT REASON.

AC Milan have made an offer to Ajax for Christian ERIKSEN of £5,000,000 plus Stephan EL SHAARAWY .
The deal involving AC Milan and Ajax regarding Christian ERIKSEN has collapsed as the SMFA has blocked the deal.

These kind of messages are getting more and more common across all GWs, even the greatest of forum based GWs are getting hit by fair deals getting reported, blocked or reversed.

Please post your suggestions on how we can improve the reporting system.

For example, my suggestions are:

1. Getting rid of the automatic blocking system when after a deal is reversed/blocked, all following transfers between those two managers are automatically blocked by the SMFA. It's really annoying to find you can't make deals with one of your friends across all GWs when one deal was reported in an individual GW. It also drives the interest down, what manager would want to stay when he/she is prevented from making legitimate transfers?

2. Get real human moderators to check all internal deals in GWs, I know this sounds like a daunting task, and indeed there are hundreds of thousands of GW out now, however, we do need human verification of reported deals, as some of them are plainly fair yet the SM machine doesn't think so. Moreover tied on this point, I think SM should really stop making so many new GWs everyday. Many of these GWs are close to full in the first week, then half full in the second week, after a month, perhaps only 10/80 managers remain.

3. When checking a deal, take into account also each of the two team's squads, a deal such as Moutinho + Soldado for Lewandowski may be entirely legitimate because the team that has the duo may not start them.

4. Automatically block any accounts that are accessed from the same computer from joining each other's GWs. More often that not they are cheating.

5. A petition system to get a deal carried through/blocked from the managers of that GW only.

I hope the Devs are reading these sort of threads.

Regards,

Hyina

• 3 weeks later...

I am a participant in a GW along with many of my close friends. I have been in this GW for quite a few years now and it is also a big aspect of my social group.

Recently in the last 5-6 months a manager has been cheating their way to the best players in the game. He will take over clubs with a different account and take the best players from that club. Some deals have been reveresd by the SMFA but the majority are not and he will keep on making deals until he finaly gets the player he wants. I have tried all the report functions such as illegal transfer and multiple accounts. I have posted on the forum and in the answer center. I don't really know what else to do.

The transfers that have been done are:-

Ferreira Pepe - £3 million + Douglas Costa + Park Ji Sung

Philipp Lahm - £12 million + Luis Anderson + Yoann Gourcuff

Juan Mata - £2 million + Paulo Ganso + Ivan Rakitic

Wayne Rooney - £28 million + Jordan Ayew + Wojciech Szczesny

This is not about him getting these players instead of me. I was not bidding on these players when the deals were completed. It is about making the game pointless if cheats can just get away with doing deals like this and getting the best players without either having to pay huge sums of money or giving very good players in return, like the rest of us have too.

I feel a report function for general cheating needs to be created so that a manger can be reported for cheating there way through a gameworld. At the moment the worst that will happen is deals get reveresed. The manager still stays in that game world and can carry on trying to do delas by cheating.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...