Sign in to follow this  
TheDude

player refuses to sign?

I have never seen this message before in my life but i just took over a pants team with loads of money for a bit of a giggle and all 22 of the players i tried to sign refused. whats this all about? is there a maximum rating you can sign or something when in the lower divisions now?

Re: player refuses to sign?

I have never seen this message before in my life but i just took over a pants team with loads of money for a bit of a giggle and all 22 of the players i tried to sign refused. whats this all about? is there a maximum rating you can sign or something when in the lower divisions now?

the same thing happene to me today. A plyr frm an unmangd club redfused to to sign

hmmm....maybe players wont go from a stronger club to a (much) weaker one then? though most of the ones i signed were from externals. any explanation from any boffs out there?

I think there is a limit to the highest rated player you can sign when compared to the average team rating you have.

Might be best to sign a player about 10 rating points greater than your team rating -when that transfer is completed you can just repeat using the new player as your highest rating.

Thanks to safir for this info-I had the same question a while back-feel free to rep him if you see him around

I think there is a limit to the highest rated player you can sign when compared to the average team rating you have.

Might be best to sign a player about 10 rating points greater than your team rating -when that transfer is completed you can just repeat using the new player as your highest rating.

Thanks to safir for this info-I had the same question a while back-feel free to rep him if you see him around

The above is true.For example, if you bid for a 94 rated player and your best player is rated 78 or so he will refuse to sign. I have found, however, that this does not apply to free agents. So first you need to buy a few 87/88s then you will be able to sign the big ones.

The above is true.For example' date=' if you bid for a 94 rated player and your best player is rated 78 or so he will refuse to sign. I have found, however, that this does not apply to free agents. So first you need to buy a few 87/88s then you will be able to sign the big ones.[/quote']

^^^^This

If you're going to rebuilt your club you have to start by bringing in some lower rated risers first before the bigger guns will accept.

IE: if you've got your list of who you wish to bring in, rank them from lowest to highest, & then start bidding in order from the lower end.