The Fluffy Ligue 1 Ratings Thread

Re: The Fluffy Ligue 1 Ratings Thread

So' date=' from the "why did this player rise" we went to the "why did this player rise now and not later".

I wonder what's next B)[/quote']

well, it does bother me that right before a certain league starts they singularly rise certain players.

I could understand if they rose him after a review where he clearly deserved to rise but didnt, but i see no point in rising him like this.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and Pazz decided to get together and do a real french rating thread ! These'll be the ratings we believe will stand AFTER the seasonal reviews AC Ajaccio - DoneAJ Auxerre - Done AS Nancy

All PSG players should drop -6 hahahahaahahahah

Thiago Silva lolĀ 

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Fluffy Ligue 1 Ratings Thread

Is Anthony Martial worth keeping ? I have him for a division 5 club at a value of 7.8.Not sure if he will rise again and keep him or start looking for replacements .Any help appreciated :)

Unless you have an awesome replacement available' date=' I'd keep Martial.

He improved a lot at the end of this season and he's only 19.

I agree,Pedro,great post.The +3 for Thelin is really really generous,84 is good enough for him.

Cheers mate, but imo Thelin should only have gotten a +1. :)

EDIT: I agree with Pip - Lopes should have had a +2.

well' date=' it does bother me that right before a certain league starts they singularly rise certain players.

I could understand if they rose him after a review where he clearly deserved to rise but didnt, but i see no point in rising him like this.[/quote']

You're reading too much into it thought.

Job is done, he would rise anyway, no biggie.

It's like trying to find who the worst player was in a game you won.

Well' date=' whats there to say, another abysmal french review, where half of the player that should've got a rise didnt.

How did Mendy and Umtiti not get a rise is absolutely Beyond me...[/quote']

If Verratti is 92, surely Lucas must be 91 at least, I agree on Mendy and partially with Umtiti.

If Verratti is 92' date=' surely Lucas must be 91 at least, I agree on Mendy and partially with Umtiti.[/quote']

I think the gap between PSG and all other top french teams is way too wide.

I could understand if PSG would've been playing in the league like a Juventus, whos been dominating the league, winning it by 15+ points each year for the past 4 years (and even then, theres a smaller gap between Juve and Roma/Napoli/fiorentina than PSG and Lyon/Monaco/Marseille) but PSG has always been struggling with the league for the past 2-3 years, never fully 'dominating' it, add to that that they've always had poor CL runs (aside from this season which was good) and you will definetly see how disproportionate and biased the french league is towards PSG.

Im not saying that Lyon, Monaco and Marseille should now have a 90/91 rated 1st team, but come on, when you have an Umtiti regular for 3 seasons that is still 88, when you have a Mendy that should've got that +1 like a year ago and still didnt get it, when you have outsanting players like Jallet and Gignac still at 89 and even Bedimo, who shoud've been an 89 for years now (since winning the title with montpellier) and still isnt, you just understand that SM/SW only really gives a crap about PSG in the french league. I mean, how did they come up with the thought that Digne deserved a +1 to 89 is beyond me, and how on earth did Cabaye not drop is another riddle i'll never solve... Add to that the fact that Aurier, had he been playing the same minutes in any other french team, he would've 100% gotten a -1.

The french league review is just getting plain stupid and biased fanboyism towards PSG, while ignoring all the rest.

Guest Redsky

I'm still clinging onto the hope that they haven't completed the review yet for whatever reason.

Marseille 38 players - 2 reviewed

Rod Fanni - down 1

Bapiste Aloe - up 2

They can't have finished, Soccerwiki are just being trolls and dicking about the last 2 days on random increases for random players whilst leaving Ligue 1 unfinished and having started Bundesliga. It's bizarre and yet another reason why Soccerwiki is abysmal.

@Maxpayne: agreed, I had Gignac in a relatively competitive gw, and when he didn't rise in the past 2 reviews, I give up and sold him. So you could say that the disappointment of him not rising was less this time round. Imo Batshuayi should have gotten a rise as well.

I'm still clinging onto the hope that they haven't completed the review yet for whatever reason.

I would rather cling on to some random review on a random day, helps with the disappointment when reality sets in and it is a pleasant surprise. :o

Add to that the fact that Aurier' date=' had he been playing the same minutes in any other french team, he would've 100% gotten a -1.[/quote']

This is not really fair, Aurier was quite injured this season. He played 15 matches or so, some were good, some were not. Add to that playing a big part in AFCON winning Ivory Coast, i am pretty sure he has done enough to retain his rating. If there is anything wrong with Aurier, it is depriving him of D(L) position which he is capable of playing.

Is it possible that Marseille and Lyon's lack of European football this season could be the main reason that they weren't given their deserved upgrades? I'm not agreeing with this, I'm just trying to find reasons why :P

Paderborn and Stuttgart were both done the same day as Ibra got his downgrade and they seem to be reviewing the promoted/relegated teams again :(

Is it possible that Marseille and Lyon's lack of European football this season could be the main reason that they weren't given their deserved upgrades? I'm not agreeing with this' date=' I'm just trying to find reasons why :P

Paderborn and Stuttgart were both done the same day as Ibra got his downgrade and they seem to be reviewing the promoted/relegated teams again :([/quote']

Roma had no europea football last season, yet they got a whole bunch of +1s to 90 and 91, i dont see why Lyon shouldnt get the same treatment since they have been title contenders until like turn 35.

The main factors that contribute to an up-rating include:

Individual awards and accolades;

Domestic honours;

Continental honours;

International honours;

Domestic experience;

Continental experience;

International experience;

Reaching the next stage in their career (e.g proving themselves in a higher division or at a continental/international level).

The majority of players will not have their rating changed unless they fall into the above categories. Also players will not have their rating changed purely on playing time (minutes accumulated) unless they fall into the above categories.

This is taken from SM help section.

Perhaps some people need to read this before making some of the comments that they do.

It does seem that SW havnt read it either .

I think the gap between PSG and all other top french teams is way too wide.

I could understand if PSG would've been playing in the league like a Juventus' date=' whos been dominating the league, winning it by 15+ points each year for the past 4 years (and even then, theres a smaller gap between Juve and Roma/Napoli/fiorentina than PSG and Lyon/Monaco/Marseille) but PSG has always been struggling with the league for the past 2-3 years, never fully 'dominating' it, add to that that they've always had poor CL runs (aside from this season which was good) and you will definetly see how disproportionate and biased the french league is towards PSG.

Im not saying that Lyon, Monaco and Marseille should now have a 90/91 rated 1st team, but come on, when you have an Umtiti regular for 3 seasons that is still 88, when you have a Mendy that should've got that +1 like a year ago and still didnt get it, when you have outsanting players like Jallet and Gignac still at 89 and even Bedimo, who shoud've been an 89 for years now (since winning the title with montpellier) and still isnt, you just understand that SM/SW only really gives a crap about PSG in the french league. I mean, how did they come up with the thought that Digne deserved a +1 to 89 is beyond me, and how on earth did Cabaye not drop is another riddle i'll never solve... Add to that the fact that Aurier, had he been playing the same minutes in any other french team, he would've 100% gotten a -1.

The french league review is just getting plain stupid and biased fanboyism towards PSG, while ignoring all the rest.[/quote']

I don't see any bias towards PSG, they're higher rated because they bought top players like Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, etc... And they're always champions and make good campaigns in Champions League. And we don't see rises for their players very often... Only Verratti rose this review, and that's because he's amazingly good. Ibrahimovic and Lavezzi drop... I agree Marseille could be a little higher rated though. I don't know why Mendy don't rise from 87, but probably he's not a good player, so he may not deserve to rise.

I don't see any bias towards PSG' date=' they're higher rated because they bought top players like Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, etc... And they're always champions and make good campaigns in Champions League. And we don't see rises for their players very often... Only Verratti rose this review, and that's because he's amazingly good. Ibrahimovic and Lavezzi drop... I agree Marseille could be a little higher rated though. I don't know why Mendy don't rise from 87, but [b']probably he's not a good player, so he may not deserve to rise[/b].

Neither is Dante and he got as high as 93, mate. :D

Shots fired... ...

To be honest some times I do not reply is because I myself am doubtful, but most of the time I would somewhat agree without replying and will reply if I strongly oppose what is posted.

At times I hope one could make a guess or prediction on the player he/she is asking rather than just asking if XX will rise, stay, fall, rise/drop by how many.