4 Nation championship rules & Match reports

Re: 4 Nation championship rules & Match reports

Slight change to the rules for the new season

New Players can have rating of 85 instead of 80

This will lead us into massive debts, but the setup will be in chaos very soon anyway. My Stadium has a capacity of 3000 and I don't think it is enough to cover wages of the 85+ rated players. And it will happen soon because some of my players have 84-86 already. I don't know about other people but my club will be paralyzed when ratings grow a bit more.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate nothing more than a setup rules been changed like this,

Did Sparky have pior knowledge to this & thus save up for this moment?

as soon as i can get shmeichel back for over 4 times, what i originally paid theres no point now.

Only reason im staying here is because i hava battle with zazoon to commece but along side him & hamilton the setups dead.

I have not had time to save up for this, in fact I was 3.5m in debt at the end of the season.

I thought the player increase would spice things up a bit. If you want I can stick to the 80 rating but then all you do is complain about other mangers having over 80 players.

I dont have time to check thsi setup everyday hence why I messed up last time. You dont have to have 85 rated players it is up to you. The main reason why you are going into debt is cause you have too many players.

I liked the original idea of the setup. <80 players. That way you could buy a player for less money with lower rating which means lower wages and there was a bit of scouting involved in it. You could buy a player rated 72 and pay wages for 72 rated player and when he rises to say 78-82 you continue to pay him like he is 72.:) That in the short term would mean - no debts. But in the long term there is no difference between <80 and <85 because when you renew players contracts wages will rise and clubs finance collapse. This season I was loosing money even on home matches without contracts being renewed. I don't know what will happen for one or two seasons. Stadiums are just too small and that isn't Sparky's fault. We knew from the start that it is going to happen sooner or later.

We can only blame him for rules change to <85 which will only speed things up.

And Sparky we are not moaning - we just thought that it was unfair to:

1. Reverse the transfers that were 100% done by the rules especially because they and gave us advantage which we deserved by making the good deals which was one of the key elements of this setup

2. Allow other managers to have >80 players bought against the rules (Clyde, Vieri 86)

A closer look to what I wrote reveals that the only thing we were asking was to obey the rules!

But all that doesn't matter now because the rules are changed to <85 and I bought Denilson already. And all good scouting doesn't matter now because everyone can have 85 rated players. And that will lead us into debt but like I said it is not your fault, the stadiums are just too small. The original idea was very good and that was the reason why I entered this setup in the first place. And wining the league here doesn't mean only managing the tactics well but buying the right players as well.

Certain managers didn't make the right moves and a lot of them quit playing. That is also very disappointing. First league consists of 10 clubs and there are 11 managers in the setup. That isn't good for competitiveness of the setup.

I have to mention Shels as a big factor here. Somehow he managed to buy all the worlds greatest prospects. His effort must be awarded, that is for sure. But I think that him being very active on the transfer market could have discouraged some managers. Sorry Shels I don't have nothing against you and I'm not jealous or something I'm just trying to find reasons for people quiting their clubs in the setup that I find very interesting and I think is a challenge for all successful SMers.

But like I said it doesn't matter now because imo it would end very soon one way or another.

My suggestion to SG is to keep the setup running for 1-2 more seasons. Shels did very hard to enter 1st league and win the ultimate title and he should get the chance to do so!:P

And also that is the time in which every manager here that still cares can get the chance to achieve what he wanted and then you can terminate the setup because it will terminate itself anyway.

I will repeat one more time (I don't care if I'm boring:p ) SG your setup was very interesting and some things could have been better but all in all it was interesting.

And the message to all managers in the setup is keep it competitive for 1-2 more seasons and then ADIOS AMIGOS!!!

IMO

I have not had time to save up for this' date=' in fact I was 3.5m in debt at the end of the season.

I thought the player increase would spice things up a bit. If you want I can stick to the 80 rating but then all you do is complain about other mangers having over 80 players.

I dont have time to check thsi setup everyday hence why I messed up last time. You dont have to have 85 rated players it is up to you. The main reason why you are going into debt is cause you have too many players.[/quote']

Well you took, ya time reversing vieri deal? infact hes still there despite zazonn constantly asking you to change it yet you were prtty quick at reversing both are deals

it doesnt bother me that its gone.

Thanks Zazoon,

But Those people that left would have left anyway, thats the reason i was strict who i let into mysetup & i only had top teams 12 of them in 1 league

Ive bought great youngsters long after most have left , they could have got there before me if they wanted.

If sparky was gona do another setup i would suggest just 1 league 12/16 teams of people that only wnated to be in it.

BTW sparky you cant cancell the setup , you can leave league & then SM controls it but you cant sack anyone or cancell the actually setup

I plan on staying anyway regardless even if im the only 1 left.

Well you took' date=' ya time reversing vieri deal? infact hes still there despite zazonn constantly asking you to change it yet you were prtty quick at reversing both are deals

it doesnt bother me that its gone.[/quote']

I could not reverse Veiri i tried but I could not find the actual deal to reverse.

I plan on staying anyway regardless even if im the only 1 left.

It is year 2022. Drogheda and Rhyl, arch rivals, are leading an epic battle for the title. They both won it XX times and it is now the matter of prestige who will take the lead. Meanwhile, Bojan Krkic is planning his retirement.

:D :D :D

It is year 2022. Drogheda and Rhyl' date=' arch rivals, are leading an epic battle for the title. They both won it XX times and it is now the matter of prestige who will take the lead. Meanwhile, Bojan Krkic is planning his retirement.

:D :D :D[/quote']

:D:eek: retirment, i better start to plan :rolleyes:

BTW 2022 works out around 90 titles each r sumtin :eek:B):(

Rhyl manager on the verge of quitting

After Hamilton and Glentoran managers left, RHYL manager Zazoon Dertostis is on the verge of quitting his club. This is a part of his club portfolio consolidation. He is very disappointed with the fact that there are only four managed clubs in the first league. However he might stay one more season but if he does it wil be his last season without a doubt.

Rhyl manager signs new one year contract with possibility of further extension. However he is still disappointed in some managers decisions to leave their 1st league clubs for ones in lower leagues. He thought it would be more interesting to have all 10 managers in 1st league and hopes that they will bring their new clubs to the first league so they can get beaten by his Rhyl!!:P:D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Rhyl manager is disappointed with his team bad start. It is partly his fault because he made some wrong transfer decisions. He decided to buy players like Vela, Rakitic, Denilson but his goalkeeper was rated only 74. The only solution was to sell Scott Sinclair to Portsmouth and collect funds necessary to buy a quality gk. Michael Rensing is brought for that purpose but even that wasn't enough to win against unmanaged club.

Next game is against Drogheda and he expressed hope to see his team capturing a good form.

• 3 weeks later...

4 NATIONS CUP FINAL

DROGHEDA UNITED HAVE WON THERE 2ND CUP INA ROW IN THERE 3RD FINAL IN 3 SEASONS,

A 6-0 WIN AT WEMBLEY VERSUS ROSS COUNTY INFRONT OF NEARLY 89,000 FANS.

DZYUBA HATRICK & 2 FROM SZETELA & 1 FROM CAPTAIN & STAR MIDFIELDER VANDERGHAEGHE.

2 GOALS IN THE FIRST 3 MINUTES FROM THE RUSSIAN & AMERIKAN PUT HEED TO ROSS LITTLE BUT UNLIKLY CHALLANGE BEFORE THE GAME HAD EVEN GOT UNDER WAY

0000002882_2007_05_15_15_15_51.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3 Ina Row A No Go

Rhyl 4 - 1 Drogheda

Drogheda United Now Wont Win 3 League Titles Ina Row After Losing In Wales To A Talented Welsh Team.

After Winning Div 3 & 2 In Previos Years, Shels Was Hoping To Win Div 1 Aswell But Zazoons Side Were Just Too Strong.

It Could Spark The End of This Team As Really Its Only ME & ZAZOON Left.

Pitty This Has Happend, Started of As Great Setup.

So 2 League Honors & 3 Cup Finals At Wembley 2 of Which Were Won Will Live On For Shels B)

• 2 weeks later...

Shock on Belle Vue!!!!

Rhyl manager Zazoon Dertostis, who led the team for three seasons and brought them to the top twice in a row and once was just behind the champions Linfield, is facing a termination of his contract. From unofficial sources close to the manager we found out that the reason for that is messing up with chairman's daughter! Chairman didn't want to allow that relationship because of Zazoons reputation of being a playboy and alcoholic. Those are the reasons for such a talented manager being in so small club which became respectable force under his guidance with lots of potential stars. Club fans have a great respect for Zazoon and want chairman to sacrifice his daughter for the club - (LOL this is sick) but it is highly unlikely as many of you could have guessed. There are few clubs waiting in line to offer him the job as a manager. the most interested are Manchester United EC 102.

• 2 months later...