Cheating

Scrags

We have a 'suspected' cheat in one of my game worlds (WC 1067 ). he made three dodgy transfer's between his club (liverpool) and Roma, then the manager (his alt account) quit roma.

his fist attempt failed with SM reversing the transfer, but he then tried again, making a bid of 20mil (plus rubbish player) for vucinic. shalke knowing what was going on made a bid of over 40million for vucinic, but roma still accepted the liverpool bid.

in the space of two days, they made three transfers, all of them very very favourable to liverpool - then the roma manager quit.

HOWEVER, we are not able to report this.... SM report system keeps saying 'already reported'... but we all talk to each other and no-one know's who reported it, if indeed it's actually been reported.

the old system at least you could report if from various difference managers, and SM had a better picture of what the problem was

in THIS instance, schalke would have been able to advise that he made a bid TWICE that of the accepted liverpool bid - but becuase he couldn't report it SM DONT KNOW THIS.

to make matters worse, to make it look less suspicious he also sold a couple of other roma players, leaving a once decent team with no good players and not enough money to replace them as it's a very competetive game world.

IT IS A JOKE that SM dont allow multiple people to report cheating - as things are SM are only encouraging people to cheat.

Even if this is ligitimate (which is highly improbable) the fact still remains that SM should allow multiple mangers to report and incident of cheating so that SM get a better over-view of the situation.

Re: Cheating

agree entirely.

Current system is set up to support cheating.

See my own personal story here;

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=1860466#post1860466

Sorry to say that you stand 0 chance of having him removed from the game world.

On the plus side, if his multi-accts aren't being picked up, others in the game world won't be either!:D

I've had recent contact with SM about blatant cheating and had a very 'standard' response saying:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) has not picked up any cheating in relation to the reported managers and transfers. The ATMS is highly tuned to look into several factors to see if the managers in question are cheating.

I raised concerns in a 'newsletter' so other managers of the gameworld would be aware, and there were some very supportive managers also concerned over cheating and the lack of response from SM.

They also make it difficult for us to report cheating issues ie you cant cut and paste into the ticket, you have to type it out, which is annoying if there's errors when submitting, each transfer can only be reported once (regardless if other managers also wish to report it) and if one's already been done you can't see what they've said.

I've come to the conclusion that they're making a mint off us and have decided its too costly to spend time responding to all the 'cheating' support tickets.

Seems they're happy for us to leave if we're not happy... :mad:

I've come to the conclusion that they're making a mint off us and have decided its too costly to spend time responding to all the 'cheating' support tickets.

Seems they're happy for us to leave if we're not happy... :mad:

AGREED

I've started my last new gameworld on SM...........last legit new game world anyhow. what would be the point in following SMs rules if they don't enforce them?

Gameworld 4671

Hull City

Professional Manager faisal yuusuf (52Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Professional Manager Faiz Yuusuf (52Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

West Ham United

Professional Manager farhaan yuusuf (51Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

Wigan Athletic

Professional Manager furqaan yuusuf (51Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

I sent a ticket and SM replied that there was not enough evidence...

This transfer has just taken place...

Free Agent Simon MIGNOLET has moved to Hull City for £30,000,000.

Funny old world

Cardiff City

Professional Manager sakkarin Phoemphung (68Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

Everton

Professional Manager sakkarin phoemphaung (41Level 4 - SM Rookie for reputation between 40 and 44)

I sent a ticket today, I am not expecting much.

SM just seem to not give a toss as long as the cash keeps rolling in.

Gameworld 4671

Cardiff City

Professional Manager sakkarin Phoemphung (68Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

Everton

Professional Manager sakkarin phoemphaung (41Level 4 - SM Rookie for reputation between 40 and 44)

I sent a ticket today' date=' I am not expecting much.

SM just seem to not give a toss as long as the cash keeps rolling in.[/quote']

They replied that they took action against these accounts

Both accounts in the same gameworld are still active

Thank god for justice

i guess its also the fault of most people who play this game.

if we think about it, does SM have really a reason to keep the game running fair and give us support?

as long as so many people pay for this game anyway, for gold game worlds and such, why should SM care to do something here? they get their money, so what...

of course, the gamewords exist of about 5 or 6 persons, from these theres at least one or two with multiple accounts, but well, SMs pockets are still full with money.

so i guess its also the peoples fault. if they would stop paying SM, they could FORCE them to work on this game and give a decent support and help system.

but if not, there is absolutelly no reason for SM to change their way.

i guess its also the fault of most people who play this game.

if we think about it' date=' does SM have really a reason to keep the game running fair and give us support?

as long as so many people pay for this game anyway, for gold game worlds and such, why should SM care to do something here? they get their money, so what...

of course, the gamewords exist of about 5 or 6 persons, from these theres at least one or two with multiple accounts, but well, SMs pockets are still full with money.

so i guess its also the peoples fault. if they would stop paying SM, they could FORCE them to work on this game and give a decent support and help system.

but if not, there is absolutelly no reason for SM to change their way.[/quote']

Most good businesses will budget for advertising costs, customer service etc...but when a company grows it sometimes gets to the stage where, because their advertising is generating more customers, they can afford to cut corners on the customer service side. I'm thinking of my experiences with sky, talk talk, npower etc etc....the approach is that if they lose a customer, they just go out and get new ones through their marketing. To me, this is what SM has become, and we're just 'feeding the beast'. SM won't change now. If anything it will get worse. And if there's enough of us who stop paying, they'll cut back even more. If it then means there's no profit in it any longer, they'll shut down or sell it on. The bloke at the top will be minted anyway so won't care.

Gameworld 4671

Hull City

Professional Manager faisal yuusuf (52Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Professional Manager Faiz Yuusuf (52Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

West Ham United

Professional Manager farhaan yuusuf (51Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

Wigan Athletic

Professional Manager furqaan yuusuf (51Level 5 - SM Experienced for reputation between 45 and 74)

Jesus that blokes subtle as owt' date=' furqaan cheat!! :D

SM just seem to not give a toss as long as the cash keeps rolling in.

My thoughts exactly. Who's starting the revolution then?!!

After the recent dodgy dealings in English Champiionship 33, Balotelli goes from Tottenham to Coventry for £15m...why does a manager sell one of his most expensive players to another managed club for minimum value?!

Reported this to SMFA who advise once again...Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) has not picked up any cheating in relation to the reported managers and transfers. The ATMS is highly tuned to look into several factors to see if the managers in question are cheating.

Sounds like an automated response, never mind an automated system...which still has massive flaws in it.

Once again, an absolute joke...

After the recent dodgy dealings in English Champiionship 33' date=' Balotelli goes from Tottenham to Coventry for £15m...why does a manager sell one of his most expensive players to another managed club for minimum value?!

Reported this to SMFA who advise once again...[b']Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) has not picked up any cheating in relation to the reported managers and transfers. The ATMS is highly tuned to look into several factors to see if the managers in question are cheating.[/b]

Sounds like an automated response, never mind an automated system...which still has massive flaws in it.

Once again, an absolute joke...

To be honest, whenever i report deals they 90% of the time get reversed and i've seen reasonably fair deals get reversed, so i'd argue that some times the ATMS is too strict but i do agree at times some look strange. I reported a couple of deals the other day and got the same response as you which amazed me.

Gameworld 4671

Hull City

Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Ham United

Wigan Athletic

I sent a ticket and SM replied that there was not enough evidence...

This transfer has just taken place...

Free Agent Simon MIGNOLET has moved to Hull City for £30' date='000,000.

Funny old world

Cardiff City

Everton

I sent a ticket today, I am not expecting much.

SM just seem to not give a toss as long as the cash keeps rolling in.[/quote']

Fark me what a game ruiners &&&&