Goal of the Year Dispute

Chambo

Goal of the Year Dispute  

1. 1.

• Neymar
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Other (Specify in the thread)

Re: Goal of the Year Dispute

By all means suggest another who should have been ahead of Rooney in FIFA's awards' date=' but using it as an opportunity to bash him reeks of sour grapes.[/quote']

err,,Berbatov's volley :P

Greater level of control, smaller element of luck, better buildup..

its in here..

VsDx4AIbvNI

Sour Grapes..I like a bit of plum meself.:D

and while you are still steamed take a look at these

zJDzMMF2RuE&feature=related

What a crock of faeces.

I guess if Rooney had helped lead his team to the PL title and CL final then it would possibly be justified' date=' right?:rolleyes:

Seriously, bias is understandable but when it is claimed FIFA "are just sucking up to him" it shows a complete lack of knowledge and appreciation for the player.

By all means suggest another who should have been ahead of Rooney in FIFA's awards, but using it as an opportunity to bash him reeks of sour grapes.[/quote']

If the vote was for over the calendar year, Van Persie, Mario Gomez or Edinson Cavani were far better. You can argue that the defences the latter two face are poorer than the Premier League, but Arsenal face just the same teams as Man U. In defence also there should have been others rather than Ramos and Alves who personally under performed despite the team collectively triumphing.

Just out of interest, if I'd written this in red would you have been able to see this through your red tinted specs?

err' date=',Berbatov's volley :P

Greater level of control, smaller element of luck, better buildup..

its in here..

[YOUTUBE']VsDx4AIbvNI[/YOUTUBE]

You were originally arguing that Rooney was in FIFA's 11 as they were "sucking up to him".

When confronted on this and asked to suggest an alternative to him in the FIFA world 11 you go on to suggest Berbatov's goal is better than Rooneys overhead kick:rolleyes:

I get the impression (and so will any others who view your post) that your silly explanations as to why Rooney was entered into the FWTOTY are completely unfounded and your failure to back them up makes you look.......................(enter word of choice here);)

On a seperate note, taking into account the criteria for the 'Goal of the year', Match importance, Technique, standard of football, etc, how Rooney failed to win is quite shocking tbh.

But not as shocking as you suggesting Berbatov's was/is better:rolleyes::P

If the vote was for over the calendar year' date=' Van Persie, Mario Gomez or Edinson Cavani were far better. You can argue that the defences the latter two face are poorer than the Premier League, but Arsenal face just the same teams as Man U. In defence also there should have been others rather than Ramos and Alves who personally under performed despite the team collectively triumphing.

[b']Its not so that is irrelevant. [/b]

Just out of interest, if I'd written this in red would you have been able to see this through your red tinted specs?

I am the least biased Utd fan on this forum. Claiming I see through 'red tinted specs' when I have clearly backed up my point, coupled with your failure to do so adequately doesn't really do you any favours tbh.

I am the least biased Utd fan on this forum. Claiming I see through 'red tinted specs' when I have clearly backed up my point' date=' coupled with your failure to do so adequately doesn't really do you any favours tbh.[/quote']

Still 2010-11 Rooney had an awful season compared to his high standards. Sure Man U won the league and got to the CL Final, but by working as a team. If you are going to put Rooney in there you have to put Nani, Evra, Van Der Sar, Berbatov etc. although you'd probably be pleased with that.

Still 2010-11 Rooney had an awful season compared to his high standards. Sure Man U won the league and got to the CL Final' date=' but by working as a team. If you are going to put Rooney in there you have to put Nani, Evra, Van Der Sar, Berbatov etc. although you'd probably be pleased with that.[/quote']

Rooney had a poor start but was an integral part of our run to the CL final (in which he scored), and was a pivotal figure in our league success.

Nani didn't do anywhere near as much as the other midfielders in the FWTOTY. Evra was good but see above. Berbatov was non-existent in the CL.

VDS was the only player from those you mention who had a 'shout' imo.

Also "you'd probably be pleased with that" - are you that silly that you couldn't understand my previous post when I said I have never viewed Utd through "red tinted specs"?

I'm all up for reasoned debate, but if you are going to meekly come back with childish statements about me 'favouring' Utd and being oblivious to reason, then I feel that there is no point in discussing this further with you.

You were originally arguing that Rooney was in FIFA's 11 as they were "sucking up to him".

When confronted on this and asked to suggest an alternative to him in the FIFA world 11 you go on to suggest Berbatov's goal is better than Rooneys overhead kick:rolleyes:

I get the impression (and so will any others who view your post) that your silly explanations as to why Rooney was entered into the FWTOTY are completely unfounded and your failure to back them up makes you look.......................(enter word of choice here);)

On a seperate note' date=' taking into account the criteria for the 'Goal of the year', Match importance, Technique, standard of football, etc, how Rooney failed to win is quite shocking tbh.

But not as shocking as you suggesting Berbatov's was/is better:rolleyes::P[/quote']

Will use the word silly, idiotic in the space you kindly left there :D

I don't understand how this became Rooney bashing-IMO I prefer Berba's goal -I just stated the marketing aspect of the game (and lets face it-after the debacles we have seen it's likely) and I did not use "sucking up to him" *checks post* -yup did not.

But still prefer that one by Kumi..:P

May want to stop combining xburrowsx posts and mines ...I did the Berba stuff he did not..he voted protest Neymar..you asked for my candidates -I did, he did not ..I chose to be silly he did not.

First off - apologies it was X Burrow X who made the ridicluous unfounded assumption. I should have given you more credit;)

Although that 'credit' is soon removed when viewing the post you made in response to the "Fifa sucking up to Rooney" post:p

Yeah but the EPL rakes in lots of Cash doesn't it- so they need a poster boy-preferably English (not to upset FA and their player development schemes)

Will use the word silly' date=' idiotic in the space you kindly left there :D

I don't understand how this became Rooney bashing-IMO I prefer Berba's goal -I just stated the marketing aspect of the game (and lets face it-after the debacles we have seen it's likely) and I did not use "sucking up to him" *checks post* -yup did not.

But still prefer that one by Kumi..:P[/quote']

I think when taking into account the criteria that they use to 'judge', how Rooney's did not come top is beyond me.

This became Rooney bashing when x burrow x decided to try and 'troll' the Utd fans on here, and he ended up getting a bite:D

Fwiw Kumi's is not bad lol.

First off - apologies it was X Burrow X who made the ridicluous unfounded assumption. I should have given you more credit;)

Although that 'credit' is soon removed when viewing the post you made in response to the "Fifa sucking up to Rooney" post:p

I think when taking into account the criteria that they use to 'judge'' date=' how Rooney's did not come top is beyond me.

This became Rooney bashing when x burrow x decided to try and 'troll' the Utd fans on here, and he ended up getting a bite:D

Fwiw Kumi's is not bad lol.[/quote']

Credit :o taken..yeah could not resist :D

These votes are usually a bit subjective aren't they?

Yeah shes a looker too.

Oh btw

The winner was decided by FIFA.com users, with more than 1.3million votes registered in the last month since the Brazilian, Argentinian and Englishman were named as the remaining contenders.

Pretty low sample size for Football won't you say?

Rooney's goal would be hands down winner for me if he didn't shin it. The shin just adds too much of a luck factor (That's even without factoring in the deflected cross which wrong footed Rooney's marker Kompany who subsequently before the goal hadn't given Rooney a sniff all game).

Neymar's goal had a nice bit of everything in there but mainly the skill at the end makes the goal what it is. Probably just about deserved it.

Saying that though if Eric Hassli's absurd goal:

w8Vfdx7LEh4

Guarin's thunderbolt:

8Q380iByI0U

And Messi's goal against Real Madrid were all in the voting, then Neymar's and Rooney's goals would have struggled to get top 2. Hassli's for me was ridiculous and would have won easily, with Guarin's in 2nd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Robin Van Persie's goal.

vs Everton and vs Liverpool

Both is perfectly timing,not easy to executed and great ball over the top from the very same player - Alex Song.

If Rooney can do that shin-total fluke bicycle kick again,I'll reconsider him to be a contender.