Ricado Quaresma

Rishabh Desai

Ricado Quaresma  

1. 1.

• 95+

Re: Ricado Quaresma

Not just yet...he has to join a bigger club for that. He may have the skills, and one day may be one of the World's Best Players, but not until he can gain the right amount of experience. If he is to join a European Giant Team, and if he can play successfully, look to see him reach a rating around 94/95...

But not just yet.

• 3 months later...

People are saying that Quaresma's Rating wont go up because the league he is playing in isnt good enough? But He is a Class player and he shouldn't be judged by what League he plays in a Definite 94 for me!

The league he plays in is not the best so 93 for now. He will increase if he moves to a great team then his rating should increase. For example if you play for a team in the MLS and he plays excellent but his rating is 90, you cant increase his rating because he's playing against 73s

The league a player plays in shouldn't have 'too' much bearing on their rating (in my opinion). Although, I can see why some people think it should. As long as its a top division league and we're not talking slovakian league or similar.

Its fairly obvious that Quaresma is probably the best midfielder playing in portugal. Also plays in the champions league regularily and has been capped by national team. Is probably deserving of a 94 right now I would say.

Of course he deserves a 94 at least.. In Portugal we don't have multi millionaires wasting money in clubs, because that we don't have a 'good league'.. Giant club in Europe?.. Are you kidding right? FCPorto won two times the Champions league and the Intercontinental cup.. You know what it means?.. When Arsenal, Chelsea, Totenham, etc won those titles? Man. United won less one international tittle than FCPorto and for sure u belive they are giants so why FCPorto isnt? Liverpool played here last tuesday... Did you think that reds should win a point in that game? They were dominated by FCPorto all the game.. Maybe we aren't giants but at least with the resources we have we put Liverpool in a pocket.

Great player but so often no end product. For country he is as good as Ronaldo but he plays in a poor league and considering there's only 1 other player in the Portugese league who's rated 93 and that's Gonzales. IMO he's as good as a 96 rated player but he will never ever go up in rating if he plays in Portugal. He's as good as a 96 but I doubt SM will give him a higher rating although a 94 isn't impossible. If he moves to Spain or some other top league he'll be 95/96 easilly.

Of course he deserves a 94 at least.. In Portugal we don't have multi millionaires wasting money in clubs' date=' because that we don't have a 'good league'.. Giant club in Europe?.. Are you kidding right? FCPorto won two times the Champions league and the Intercontinental cup.. You know what it means?.. When Arsenal, Chelsea, Totenham, etc won those titles? Man. United won less one international tittle than FCPorto and for sure u belive they are giants so why FCPorto isnt? Liverpool played here last tuesday... Did you think that reds should win a point in that game? They were dominated by FCPorto all the game.. Maybe we aren't giants but at least with the resources we have we put Liverpool in a pocket.[/quote']

so true...

It annoys me that other leagues are looked down upon in this way. The premier league is only raised in status because of the financial revenue it generates. For me, it still lacks a lot of quality and technique (that we see in the mediterranean leagues), especially in the home grown players.

However, we must understand that the majority of people playing soccermanager are english. So it is only expected that ratings are more generous to english based players.

One direct comparison is Cesc fabregas and Joao Moutinho, both similar ages with simliar experience. However their ratings are vastly different, despite the fact I dont think there is much difference between them.

Anyway, Porto are a HUGE club with great history and Quaresma deserves a higher rating for his performances for them.

Great player but so often no end product. For country he is as good as Ronaldo but he plays in a poor league and considering there's only 1 other player in the Portugese league who's rated 93 and that's Gonzales. IMO he's as good as a 96 rated player but he will never ever go up in rating if he plays in Portugal. He's as good as a 96 but I doubt SM will give him a higher rating although a 94 isn't impossible. If he moves to Spain or some other top league he'll be 95/96 easilly.

Well said. He has to move to a bigger league with bigger teams and harder oppositions. In Portugal, the league is too easy. If he moves to Spain or England and performs well, I don't see why he shouldn't be a 94-95.

Well said. He has to move to a bigger league with bigger teams and harder oppositions. In Portugal' date=' the league is too easy. If he moves to Spain or England and performs well, I don't see why he shouldn't be a 94-95.[/quote']

he did have a stint with Barca a few years back, but didnt cut it. I think he was too young, but now he is much better. Definitely the best hitter-of-a-ball-with-the-outside-of-his-foot.

nd how can you say the Portuguese league is easy? Its harder than your Sunday League, and Portugal did have a Champions League winner a few years ago...

Good players look very good in poor leagues, very good players look great, great players look fantastic. What better way is there of judging him besides looking at his performances in context in the place where he plays 95% of his football? I agree that Porto are an excellent side with Champions league calibre, but I think his current rating is also excellent and would be surprised if it went up more.

Does he play in a poor league? Yes. But why should that matter when he performs to the same high standard in the Champions League? If he was brilliant in Portugal but mediocre in the CL, then I could understand why people wouldn't want him to get an increase. But the fact is, he does perform at the top level. He easily deserves a 94. Players shouldn't have to play in the best leagues to get the highest ratings if they prove themselves in the CL (which is harder than any league anyway if you're honest).

Does he play in a poor league? Yes. But why should that matter when he performs to the same high standard in the Champions League? If he was brilliant in Portugal but mediocre in the CL' date=' then I could understand why people wouldn't want him to get an increase. But the fact is, he does perform at the top level. He easily deserves a 94. Players shouldn't have to play in the best leagues to get the highest ratings if they prove themselves in the CL (which is harder than any league anyway if you're honest).[/quote']I think it matters because if you look at how many Champions League matches a player will play, at best, in one season then it pales in comparison to the number he will play in a league season. Obviously playing well in the Champions League is important but as with any knockout competitions it doesn't always give a fair impression of the 'best' team over time, and freak results and performances are frequent, especially as players up their game for the occasion. To be honest i have no problem with Quaresma going up, I just think the league is extremely important and it should be considered, with the Champions League playing second fiddle in determining his rating.

Diego plays in the Bundesliga and he's the best Midfielder/Forward player in the whole league! Yet despite this SM are reluctant to let him go up to 94/95 because the BUNDERLIGA is not good enough to warrant such a player. Quaresma plays in a league which you can't compare to the Bundesliga, it ain't half as quality. Which is why I doubt he will rise. You need to be in the big 3 leagues these days to be 93+ whether you're an international or not.

Obviously playing well in the Champions League is important but as with any knockout competitions it doesn't always give a fair impression of the 'best' team over time' date=' and freak results and performances are frequent, especially as players up their game for the occasion.[/quote']

Well I'd say upping their game for the occasion is what separates good players from great players. I agree the league is most important, but it shouldn't be given too much weight. It just seems like other competitions seem to be ignored almost completely once a player reaches a rating above 90.

If Quaresma played for United and Ronaldo played for Porto, their ratings would be reversed (i.e. Quaresma 96, Ronaldo 93). I'm sure most people would agree Ronaldo should NOT be a 93. Well take a look at their CL performances and their international performances. There's almost nothing separating the two of them. I'm not saying Quaresma should get a 96 just yet, but 93 is definately too low.

P.S. No he doesn't play for any of my teams. :P ...any chance of an increase for Aguero and Raul Garcia?

Diego plays in the Bundesliga and he's the best Midfielder/Forward player in the whole league! Yet despite this SM are reluctant to let him go up to 94/95 because the BUNDERLIGA is not good enough to warrant such a player. Quaresma plays in a league which you can't compare to the Bundesliga' date=' it ain't half as quality. Which is why I doubt he will rise. You need to be in the big 3 leagues these days to be 93+ whether you're an international or not.[/quote']

I've never heard of the Bunderliga before. Sorry.

Then can you explain Juninho being a 95? Or Ballack being a 96 before Chelsea, when he was at Munchen?

I dont think the Bundesliga, or the Portuguese league are far behind. Certainly the German league beats Serie A for entertainment.

I am one of those people who think Quaresma and Ronaldo are carbon copies of the other, albeit Ronaldo plays for one of the best ever teams.

As for the Diego thing, van der Vaart is a better AM. :D

Does he play in a poor league? Yes. But why should that matter when he performs to the same high standard in the Champions League? If he was brilliant in Portugal but mediocre in the CL' date=' then I could understand why people wouldn't want him to get an increase. But the fact is, he does perform at the top level. He easily deserves a 94. Players shouldn't have to play in the best leagues to get the highest ratings if they prove themselves in the CL (which is harder than any league anyway if you're honest).[/quote']

He does play well in most matches but let see who's the hardest defender he plays against in the Portugal League. :eek: I don't even know a good full back there. Maybe Jorge Fucile in training? How many matches does he play in the CL? 6-8. Max. He only performs half the time well. Lets see how he performs at Anfield. He has had a stint with Barca and was he succesful. Not a single bit. That was the past and he's still only improved a little since joining Porto. 93 is good until he moves to a bigger club.