What is it with some managers?

ArsenallFC

Ok, simple offer to another team :

I want a rw and they could do with a lm so i offered Marcelo 93lb/lm for their player Pedro 93 w/fw.

He negotiates a deal of Pedro for kaka and Ozil ?????????????????????????????

Managers like this spoil the game yes?

All he had to do was say no which is fine.

All it has done is for me never ever to reply to him for deals, crazy fool !

Is it a one off or are there plenty like him ?

Re: What is it with some managers?

Ok' date=' simple offer to another team :

I want a rw and they could do with a lm so i offered Marcelo 93lb/lm for their player Pedro 93 w/fw.

Is it a one off or are there plenty like him ?[/quote']

HAHAha and he was getting a super-deal.

Pedro for Marcelo?cracking deal for who's getting Marcelo.

Plenty like them for example this morning I was told I have to sell Messi to this guy for Aguero. Despite the fact I told him I paid Ronaldo and Evra for Messi :P

You get managers like this all the time past examples of deals ive been offered from managers include

For my Lionel Messi = Zanetti and Chivu and 20 million

Nedem Onouha and 30 million for my Wayne Rooney

these are just this week lol :P

i offered my kompany for his badstuber,

the reply was, ozil+thiago silva for his badstuber.

the counter offer system is getting way out of hand.

this week i was clearing my risers for a tidy profit, among which, sold cleverley back to an unmanaged united for 3mil despite that ****** manager offering me 6mil for it. I felt really good about it.

Guest Hazard103

I tried bidding for Balotelli for 10 when he was 89 rated and he came back with an offer for 50 million lol

I tried bidding for Balotelli for 10 when he was 89 rated and he came back with an offer for 50 million lol

Thats not such a stupid counter offer. Balotelli was obviously going to rise and buying any player like him for cash is a great deal Offering 10 million for Balotelli would be an insulting offer IMO

Guest Hazard103

Thats not such a stupid counter offer. Balotelli was obviously going to rise and buying any player like him for cash is a great deal Offering 10 million for Balotelli would be an insulting offer IMO

Lol well his team had players rated like 93-94 so i fought it was a good offer I M O

To be honest if someone comes in for one of my players with a silly offer I will hit them back with a stupid counter offer. The fact that they had the audacity to come in with an offer like that in the first place insults peoples knowledge of the game. A prime example of that is Hazard103's bid of 10million for Balotelli.

i am a new player here in soccer manager (started yesterday) i really saw many managers like that manager. The only reason he is doing that is because he thinks that you are a beginner or in a big need of Pedro and he is trying to trick you by giving him that two players (Kaka and Ozil)..........i can't say he is fool but i think he is too smart but doesn't work for him:)

I said the following elsewhere on another thread some time ago.

"Market value for players can vary from GW to GW & furthermore, we all value players differently. We may have favorites or see far more potential in them or others.

When joining an up & running GW I feel it is always prudent to check the record transfers &/or all recent transfers just to get up to speed with market value.

It can be frustrating when people join your GW & immediately start firing offers all over the place when they have no clue what value is (ie 20M for a rising 92 rated player when an 89 just sold for 25M).

The initial offer sets the tone for the rest of the negotiations. If you make a poor bid it will probably be harder for you to get that player from that manager."

I said the following elsewhere on another thread some time ago.

"Market value for players can vary from GW to GW & furthermore' date=' we all value players differently. We may have favorites or see far more potential in them or others.

When joining an up & running GW I feel it is always prudent to check the record transfers &/or all recent transfers just to get up to speed with market value.

It can be frustrating when people join your GW & immediately start firing offers all over the place when they have no clue what value is (ie 20M for a rising 92 rated player when an 89 just sold for 25M).

[b']The initial offer sets the tone for the rest of the negotiations.[/b] If you make a poor bid it will probably be harder for you to get that player from that manager."

Good post.

I would add that yes I have encountered these idiots too, the ones who offer or counter-offer deals that are ridiculous in any GW.

I also dislike the "I am insulted by this offer" reason. Why would anyone take this game so seriously as to be genuinely insulted? Plus people just wear it out and use it when you, for example, offer £50m for Aguero as a starting bid in a regular GW when they also have Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Villa, Higuain etc.

I have never used that rejection reason and probably never will. If anything it's probably better to do what beatz says and fight fire with fire for a bit of a laugh instead of taking it so seriously as to say you are insulted.

Good post.

I would add that yes I have encountered these idiots too' date=' the ones who offer or counter-offer deals that are ridiculous in any GW.

I also dislike the "I am insulted by this offer" reason. Why would anyone take this game so seriously as to be genuinely insulted? People just wear it out and use it when you, for example, offer £50m for Aguero as a starting bid in a regular GW when they also have Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Villa, Higuain etc.

I have never used that rejection reason and probably never will. It's probably better to do what beatz says and fight fire with fire for a bit of a laugh instead of taking it so seriously as to say you are insulted.[/quote']

"I am insulted by this offer" is used by me when I reject a offer for 20M for Z player and then get another offer of 18M for Z player.

Plus I dont tend to find offers that bad as you don't put a offer in you never know.

Good post.

I would add that yes I have encountered these idiots too' date=' the ones who offer or counter-offer deals that are ridiculous in any GW.

I also dislike the "I am insulted by this offer" reason. Why would anyone take this game so seriously as to be genuinely insulted? Plus people just wear it out and use it when you, for example, offer £50m for Aguero as a starting bid in a regular GW when they also have Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Villa, Higuain etc.

I have never used that rejection reason and probably never will. If anything it's probably better to do what beatz says and fight fire with fire for a bit of a laugh instead of taking it so seriously as to say you are insulted.[/quote']

I've never used that reason either. If I keep getting ridiculous bids from the same manager I simply stop responding (but that's a whole other thread lol).

Archived